Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting After LT TTC ~ January - April 2008

Kimbe Welcome back hun. Its great to see you here again. Please feel free to join in whenever you want as we are still just as supportive and friendly as ever before
    These little bubs sure do grow way too fast hey? I can't believe Jenna is almost 1.
    Anyway all the best with your decision making in the coming months.

Sazz PLEASE try not to worry about what the nurse said to you. Just keep doing what you are doing hun and follow Celeste's lead as such. Sage is also very tiny. He's BELOW the
    3rd centile for weight and height and is around the 40th centile for his head lol. He is also a finiky eater. He has a great breakfast of 2 weetbix and some toast or crumpet or pancake(depening on what I have) and then either a biscuit or some fruit for morning tea and lunch is a bit hit and miss either a sandwich or some chips(shhh) or yoghurt if I'm lucky he'll eat something otherwise he has a fruit stick or some custard for afternoon tea and then his dinner is vegies or something similar and some custard or yoghurt or icecream for dessert. Our Paed suggested we give him as much "high fat" food as possible ie like creamy sauces or a dob of butter on his vegies. We don't do this too often though. I should add that I had Sage weighed last Tuesday and he is 8.8kgs at 15 and a half months.
    I also should add that we DON'T see a nurse as they also made me feel bad. We just keep in regular contact with our GP and Paed and they are happy with how Sage is doing.

Just remember YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MUMMY hun

Hi Kimbe! Nice to see you. I was just thinking about you yesterday in fact, wondering how you (and the other mummies no longer on bb) were doing.

Oh Sazz, that's not cool. not cool at all! Mako's idea about seeing a supportive doctor instead might be good. I'm no expert obviously but she really sounds to me like she's doing just fine. And if you are both slight then you would hardly expect your daughter to be sumo material, now would you?

Oh, and step away from the sticks!! Patience grasshopper.... (as if). We've all got our fingers crossed for you

Sazz - take marcellus's advice - step away from the sticks! No POAS - they are evil. And I'm sure Celeste is fine weight wise. There seems to be no 'genetics' taken into account and they expect all babies to be in the 50%. Not possible. I am over being told Liam is small. I am slim, DH is slim what do they expect?? Thankfully i get great support from my mother's group...there is an even skinnier boy there, and one who is so big he looks like a 2 year old.

Kimbe - wow, good to hear from you. Glad to hear little Jenna is good. On the Parenting after LTTTC main page I had just posted a thread asking about TTC for number 2. I can't stop thinking about it. I just paid for the frosties to go back into storage for another 6 months. I think a while ago monnie said she was thinking about number 2 as well. Let us know what you decide so we can cross fingers and cheer for you too!

Hey guys

Well it's been a long time!

And this thread has really grown...which is wonderful!

Lovely to read all your news...all our little bubs are growing up, hey?

I still look at Felix with tears in my eyes at the thrill of having him.

Life is so different now...but so so wonderful!

I won't write too many personals at the moment...as I can hardly keep up with everyone!

Sazz...wishing you all the very very best!

Mako...hope all is going well!

BW...welcome chickie! Congratulations on Sam! And welcome to motherhood!!! The ride of your life!

Kimbe, Lenny, Nic, Marcellus, KTgirl and everyone else...hope all is going wonderfully!!!

Felix is now almost 18 months...a walking, talking bundle of energy! We're on to our 10th tooth, I think! Molars are through as is at least 1 canine!

Sleep is much much improved!!! Finally getting some decent nights! Ended up making up my own little programme...which seems to have worked! FINGERS CROSSED!

Oh...and I'm no longer BF-ing! We made it through to 16 months!

We are still hoping to try for number 2...but DH is really busy at the moment (He's playing for Phantom of the Opera!) so he's away most nights!!!

Anyway...life is going really well...Love my little boy to bits!

Oops...just jinxed myself...he's just woken up!

Better go!

Having a nightmare time with BB today, but just quickly wanted to know if anyone had heard from Kimnastics recently?

Jo I think Kim is mainly on another parenting site these days.

Hi Monnie! Long time no see
    So glad to hear how well Felix is going. Well done on the bfing and the sleep! Take care

Hi everyone else

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted recently, but I am reading and following the thread all the time! I'm being a true lurker at the moment

I just wanted to say that I am crossing everything for you, Sazz. I hope you're feeling ok and I'll be thinking of you on Friday

Hello to everyone else - hope you're all well

Miss C

Monnie Its great to see you pop in here to let us know how you and little Felix are doing.
    I'm always thinking of you guys when I come in here. Well done to you on BF Felix for as long as you did. Can I ask....Did you wean him or did he wean himself??? I'm asking because I'm still BF Sage and really want to continue for as long as he wants to but within reason iykwim??

Sazz I have EVERYTHING crossed for you for tomorrow. I really really hope you'll be having a November bub

Sage has been miserable today. He's really not well atm.His temp is up and he just doesn't know what to do with himself. 1 minute he wants a cuddle and the next he's screaming as he wants to be on the floor and then he cries again cos he wants to be picked up. He is cutting his canines I think.He has 4 molars and 4 top and 4 bottom teeth now. I hate seeing him unhappy.

I hope everyone else is ok.

hey gang,

Kimbe and Monnie, soooo good to see you again !!! It's great hearing how well you are all going. Good to hear the sleep issues have finally resolved for you Monnie. Can't believe Felix is now 18months and Jenna is practically 1yr old!!! Come back soon you two

Thanks everyone for your support on Celeste's weight. I think she is fine in my heart but every now and then I worry. I think I will switch to seeing the GP for her healthcheck and needles rather than the MCH nurse. A lot of locals I speak to aren't that keen on her. SHe is very "by the book", including when they should walk, talk etc. Funny tonight she had a bit of leftover casserole which I can't really blame her for not liking then she had a helping of my sausage and veg but claimed she was full till I brought out my banana cake with choc icing that I made this arvo. She ate a whole piece the same size as DH and I had!!!! PIG

Mako, sorry to hear Sage is not well. Sounds EXACTLY how Celeste was today too with the cuddles thing. She wanted to be doing things but wanted to be in my arms all the time too. She has a cold and is up and down depending when the next dose of Dimatap or nuraphen are due. Dont like giving her much of that stuff but I can see such a difference when I do. Hope he is feeling better soon and those nasty teeth finish doing whatever they are doing.

Tomorrow is blood test day but the results wont be in till Sat arvo when I am at tennis. hate taking that call out in public!!!!! Have to confess something though.... sorry Lenny I can't resist and I did POAS again today.................
    ......... it was the faintest line ever seen by a human eye but there was definately a second line there!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!

Firstly...Sazz...very exciting! Fingers crossed for fantastic news!

Go Celeste...banana cake with chocolate icing sounds delicious!!! She's got great taste!!!

Mako...I ended up weaning Felix. I gradually cut down the feeds (starting with his least favoured) until he was just having his night feed (before going to bed) and then cut that one out.

I had it in my mind that I wanted to wean him by 18 months...and so started at around 14 months...and he was totally weaned by 16.5 months. He was getting to the stage where he was pulling up my top in public and I just felt that we were ready for it.

Anyway...after one tricky day, he was absolutely fine and has never asked again...even when he sees me fully exposed, he doesn't look a bit interested. He was also drinking cows milk with his meals...so I figured he was okay to no longer BF.

Hope that answers your question.

I must admit...it's lovely being in normal bras again!!! I'm currently losing some weight and when I've lost a bit more, I plan to head down to the lingerie shop and purchase some lovely bras as a little 'reward' for myself for BF-ing!!!

Sorry to hear Sage has had a tricky day...canines were really nasty for Felix too! I've heard that they are the most painful of all of the teeth...not sure if that's true or not!

Hi to everyone!!!

Oh WOW on the faint BFP Sazz!! Is that banana cake that Celeste had a big chunk of the same banana cake you posted ages ago?? Must say, I'm not surprised she had a big piece, it is the yummiest choc banana cake I have ever eaten! Even my DH says it is the best one he has had, even better than his grannies (bet he wouldn't tell her that though)

Monnie, great news about Felix's sleeping.

Big hello's to everyone, sorry for lack of personals, quickly checking out BB before I do the school run and get attacked by mosquito's lol.

Nic

Nic, I can't remember posting a banana cake recipe??? Maybe I did? I'm not sure... this one is pretty yummy though

Lenny, your advice is coming back to haunt me now cause I tested again this morning as I had one stick left and it was definately a -ve So now I have to wait for the bloods..... *sigh*

Monnie, I agree with the regular bras. Don't you have a much nicer look in your clothes when you can get an underwire again? I havent spoiled myself as I have struggled with my weight and always say I will wait till I succeed but eventually I had to get something.

Ah, off to do a blitz of house cleaning to keep my mind busy for today.... I will let you know when I know.

Quote Originally Posted by sazzafrazz View Post
    Nic, I can't remember posting a banana cake recipe??? Maybe I did? I'm not sure... this one is pretty yummy though
    The frosting was choc with cream cheese i think??
    Hope tomorrow brings good news from the clinic Sazz

Nic

All the best Sazz!!!!

Oooo yes, nice, proper bras...!!

Hope Sage is doing better now Mako

Sazz I still have everything crossed for you hun.

Monnie You did amazingly well at weaning Felix the way you did. Its pretty awkward when the little people go for the "grab" in the most inconvienient of places hey
    Sage is such a booby boy so much so that he doesn't have a least fav feed yet

Sage is really struggling with the teeth atm. He had a shocker last night and hasn't eaten anything since breakfast yesterday. I'm not too worried as I'm sure he'll eat when he's hungry. He is drinking though,so that helps keep my mind at ease. He is on a "****tail" of pain killers atm though. It is a combination of panadol,neurofen,teething tabs. I don't like to give him much either but I hate to see him in pain.

Ok I'm going to bed as I have been up since yesterday morning and my eyes are hanging out of my head

Just popping in to check on Sazz. I've been thinking of you ALL day hun. Did you get your blood results back hunny?

Just checking in quickly... Moved in now, but still dodging cardboard boxes, and I fear we will be for ages. Sam's doing ok despite having his 8 week check, a renal scan and 2 month immunisations all in the same week as the move and lots of strange people (grandparents) around all week. I'm struggling with new arthritis medication that leaves me pretty wiped out over the weekends (it's taken once a week, not daily)...

But... I have internet access again! Despite only having DH's computer set up so far, I can at least get online once more!

Sazz, I can't believe I've been offline through your cycle. I'm hoping the results were good and the reason we haven't heard from you is because you're off celebrating.

Meanwhile... I need sleep, but must get some bottles ready for Sam first. Damn, I wish I could have breastfed him!

BW

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast