Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting After LT TTC ~ January - April 2008

Marcellus - Happy half birthday to Aric for last week

lis - Sounds like you have been extra busy.

Also sounds like our bubbas are temporarily changing their sleep habits! DS went to waking every half hour for the last 2 weeks. The last couple of nights, with the exception of last night, were better, with him waking every hour and a half.

Hope you are all well

Nic

Hi
    Its great to see you back Lis. Things sound like you've been extra busy at your place.

Nic How are you doing? I hope Liam starts to sleep a bit more for you soon.

I'm busy planning Sage's 1st birthday/Naming Day. I can't believe how fast the year has gone. It only seems like yesterday that I was counting down the weeks til we met him and here I am planning a party.
    Sage is turning into a real little boy now. He has just started to walk around the coffee table and he can take some steps if we are holding him under his arms. Oh and he has learnt how to blow kisses today lol.

I hope everyone is ok and bubs are being good for their mummys and daddys

Take care

Wow, you've been busy Lis! The 3-4 month mark is, er, fun... hey? They change so much, so suddenly...

Oh dear Nic, every 1.5hrs is an improvement...?! It's tough when they do that. In the past few days DS has return to 2-3 wakeups a night - fingers crossed, knock on wood. For a while there we just stopped counting and actually would wake up in the morning bleary eyed and unsure just how many times we'd been up... OF course he did this on my week off.

Wow, Sage is nearly 1 already? Are you planning a big do Mako?

gotta get back to work - catch you all later

Marcellus We are having a combined 1st Birthday and Naming Day. We're having about 40 family members and no friends as our guest list blew out to 85 people and I think thats way too many for a 1st Birthday lol. Poor Sage would be sooooo over whelmed by that many people wanting cuddles etc that it would not be fair on him.

Oh we don't count how many times Sage wakes atm unless its only twice lol. We are off to sleep school in a couple of weeks though as things are REALLY REALLY bad here. Sage refuses to go anywhere near his cot these days or should I say nights and only sleeps for about an hour at a time(if i'm lucky)during the day.

I hope you all have a great weekend. We have a busy 1 with DH's Pop's 80th b'day party tomorrow and a friend's little boy's 1st b'day on Sunday.

Wow, 85 people - what a popular little boy!!
    Good luck with sleep school. Someone was recommending we make an apt with ngala... for some reason or other I'm really reluctant to do that. I'd much rather just struggle on with no sleep.
    Aric is quite happy to go in his cot, in fact he loves to play in there, and no problem getting him to sleep (not during the night, anyway), but he just won't stay asleep. What's really frustrating is that with a lot of effort we'd really improved things for a while there. He was sleeping really well overnight and 1.5-2 hrs at a time during the day. it was wonderful... then about 4 weeks ago it all went to poo. I think he might be teething... but how long do we have to wait till he actually gets teeth.
    In desperation we actually gave him some panadol last night, just to see (feel really bad for doing that cause hate to medicate him without reason like that and probably increasing the risk that he'll get asthma now...). Didn't help anyway so won't do it again.
    Oh well, we all have these issues, don't we?

Hey guys

Sage...HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow!!! Wow! A big 1 year old! How exciting!!!

Mako...congratulations on being a Mummy for a year (and 9 months!!!) Hope you have a wonderful wonderful day and gorgeous birthday party/naming day. It's such a special time!

Re. the sleep thing...I finally have good news! After many many many months of 2-3 hour sleeps at night, Felix is finally sleeping for up to 10 hours (on a fantastic night) and on a bad night, waking once!!! Thought we would never get there...but he hit around 13 months, and things just seemed to click into place!

Teething definitely played havoc with Felix's sleeping...as does those 'developmental leaps' they talk about in the wonder weeks book...

So hang in there!!!

Need to go as my computer is running out of battery life...but hope everyone is doing well!

Well done Felix!!!

Happy birthday Sage! Where has the last year gone, hey?

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes for Sage I can't believe he is 1 already. The year has flown. We've enjoyed sooooooo many moments and have had a few worrying ones too.
    Anyway I just want to wish my gorgeous little boy a very happy birthday . I love you with all my heart and thankyou for letting me be your mummy.

Monnie Well done to Felix for starting to sleep better. I hope everything else is going well.

Hi to you all.

Happy Belated Birthday wishes for Sage. I bet you had a fantastic birthday!

YAY monnie for Felix sleeping better.

Quick one from me, after DS decided to wake every half hour for 2 weeks solid! He is back to sleeping every 2-3 hours. I have started putting him on his tummy around 5am, and he then sleeps till 8.30, and only wakes then because I pick him up to put him in the car to take DD to school!
    I have had a brief chat with DH about taking DS to a chiropractor to see if that will help with his sleep? We have friends who did this for their childs reflux, and it helped them hugely. Anyway, I have to make the appointment on a day that DH will be home as we will have to travel for 45 minutes to see a chiro.
    Due for our 4 month needles in a couple of weeks, just need to make an appointment.

Hope everyone is well

Nic

Hi all
    I was just thinking a little while ago that probably all the women in my mothers group will get pregnant again before me - decided to start mentally preparing myself. I didn't expect it to be this soon though! One of the women in my group told us last weekend that she's pg again - will be 14 months between the two. I hope I seemed happy for her - i am, just a bit shocked to be honest. I couldn't imagine going in for another just yet. Apparently they had trouble conceiving last time so just went for it right away - which I can totally understand.
    Nothing much else happening here - can't remember the last time DS slept longer than 1-2 hours at a stretch. Who needs a newborn!

Hope you & babies are all well

marcellus, hope the sleep starts to improve for you asap

quick one from me, we had our 4 month needles yesterday. By the time we actually got in, it had been about 2 hours since DS's last feed and he was getting cranky. Dr was a tool, told me DS is technically 'underweight' at 7.4kgs, but he looks healthy, but his light, but looks healthy... and repeated it over and over for a good 5 minutes! Was so glad to get out of there. Came home and he slept for 6 hours!, and decided last night that play time would be from midnight to 2 am (DH was up with him though) he has also been a bit warm this time round, but giving him some panadol and keeping him cool. He is sleeping now, not sure for how long though lol...I should make a cuppa while I can.

Nic

What a tool! DS was 7.5kg at 6 months, so your boy sounds fine to me!

Nic Big hun. PLEASE don't worry about what the dr said about Liam's weight. He's certainly not under weight hun. Sage is 12 months old and we had him weighed on Thursday and he is 7.6kg. Yes he is small but EVERY paed and DR that we've seen are all very happy with the way he is. He's happy and he's healthy. No 2 bubs are exactly the same and they all grow at their own pace.

Marcellus I hope the sleep improves at your house very soon. I know how tough it is to have a baby who doesn't sleep

Well Sage and I had our week at sleep school last week. It was the toughest thing I've ever had to do but have to say it has been worth it. Sage now sleeps in HIS cot and he is learning to settle himself(with some gentle help from me ) He slept through the night on Thursdsay when we were still at sleep school but hasn't done it since. He now wakes only once a night now which is great compared to the 5,6 or 7 times before we went.
    I did have a huge meltdown one night though.I was so embarrassed but anyway thats a whole other story. Oh and they saw through my good cover up and told me I have anxiety(I kinda new something was going on and did my best to hide it from most people but they told me straight out ) Anyway I have to say that I'm happy that I have a diagnosis now as much as I didn't want it iykwim.

I hope you are all doing ok.

Big hugs Mako! That must've been really hard - I know it would have been for me too - but you're right that it's good to have it out in the open.
    I'm very glad to hear that Sage is doing better with his sleep. 1 wakeup a night sounds excellent.
    I am just telling myself that this will pass... one day. And in the bigger scheme of things it's only a short period in our lives.
    Take care all

Hi ladies. I was hoping to jump in here and join in. I see some familiar faces here and look forward to reading back to see how everyone is going. It has been quite a while since I have been on BB but I am sure I will be hooked again in no time

I now have twins Ryder and Mackenzie who are almost 5 months old who were conceived after a long battle on fertility treatment. They were born on 16/6/08 by c/sect and weighed 6lb 4oz and 6lb 8oz (very good size for twins... I still don't know how they fit in there ) They are my everything and couldn't imagine waking up each day without their smiling faces looking back at me

I must say I feel like the luckiest woman in the world with two healthy bubs who are thriving. They are pretty good babies too lol. Don't give me too much of a hard time

Anyway I should go. I hear Ryder is awake

Have a great day ladies.

Thanks girls I stewed over it for about a week lol. I said to DH, what if I had been a first time mum or was questioning my abilities, or had PND and had that tool telling me what he did! I would've walked out of there feeling quite bad. Next time, I'll just have to book in with the other dr. gotta go, DS is awake

Hope everyone is well, will come back for some personals over the weekend

Nic

WELCOME Ktgirl Its great to see you've found us.
    I can't believe your bubbas are almost 5 months already...Hope all is going well

All is ok here atm..Sage had his 12 month old needles on Monday and he coped rather well. He cried after the 1st needle and then he SCREAMED when he saw the nurse with the 2nd and 3rd(before she gave them to him)
    He has also cut 3 more teeth this week which brings us to a toatal of 8 which consists of 6 up the top and 2 down the bottom. I think he needs to even them out one day soon lol.
    His sleep is getting better slowly... He is rather good here during the day and night time but isn't sooo good at MIL's. I don't think she understands the importance of sleep as she thinks her time with him only needs to consist of play Oh well I'm sure with me getting cranky each time I pick him up from there she'll eventually get the message...

I hope everyone is ok

Hey guys

KTgirl...so great to hear from you! I bow down to anyone who has twins...sounds like they are doing beautifully!

Mako...how you doing? Sounds like sleep school was tough but worth it! Well done!

After bragging about Felix's sleep a while ago, it all deteriorated again!!! Molars are the cause!!! AHHHHH!!! Hopefully things are about to settle again...we were at the stage where I was up with him for 2-3 hours in the early hours of the morning...not fun!

Anyway...hope everyone is doing well!

Oh...and Felix is walking now! Just seems quite unbelievable that our little baby is now a full-blown toddler!!!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast