Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after LTTTC #2

Hi girls

Yay, I'm celebrating as we are over the hurdle now and Tara is much better. BG the "Wonder Weeks" book arrived today and I've read up on the 5 week changes, described everything to a tee. Thanks for the recommendation and I'll be reading up on the 8 week change to know what to expect.

It seems we have now gone from cranky baby to sleepy baby (must be the 6 week growth spurt) as we have had wonderful sleeps at night now with Tara only waking for 1 night feed. She actually slept for almost 7 hours last night before waking for a feed at 5am and then back to sleep for another 3 hours after that. Plus she has only been awake today for feeds and then back to sleep straight away. She has also increased how much formula she is taking each feed and we are now on 6 feeds a day, so I'm a much more relaxed mummy at the moment who is getting some good sleep and able to keep the housework up to date as well.

She had her 6 week paed check yesterday and has put on 1kg since her birth (now weighs 4.2kg), was told she is in the 25th centile so a little bit less than normal but her length is perfect so we just have a long and lean baby.

Once again, thanks to you all for your support during my trying week it was so nice to be able to vent and get positive vibes back from you all.

Glad to hear you're feeling so much better Kelly!

GOOD LUCK Shannon!

Fingers crossed for you too Mako. Can't believe S is 2 already! How is he going?

As always, Sazz, C sounds just adorable. awwwww.

So, somehow or other, today A undid his nappy, pulled his pants down, pooed on the floor and pulled his pants back up without either his father or auntie (who were right nearby) noticing. They did notice the big stinky poo however We were all very impressed with his toileting (sort of) skills.
    Oh, and last night he signed & said blue towel (well, it was more like booo tawoo, but anyway) - 2 words together! Sometimes, when i hear him talk it just floors me - this is the tiny creature that I birthed not so long ago! How did that happen?!

Hope you're all very well and babies/toddlers doing fine!

ETA - wow, 2,000 posts! Nice round number...

Just wanted to send lots of good luck your way Shannon. I hope this cycle restores your faith in AC. I can't believe that Owen and Julia are ONE. That's amazing.

Congrats on the toilet training marcellus. That made me laugh! At least they did notice the poo.

Hi to all the oldies and the newies too.

Marcellus. That's some interesting toileting there! How funny Celeste once, around 14months old I reckon, removed her jeans and nappy while in bed. JEANS!!! How hard are they to get off? not quite as impressive as A LOL. I know what you mean about the talking: Celeste now says "I don't want to" or "No, I'm not going to".

Celeste did a re-enactment for Nige of when she had a massive stack one day. She told him "run, fall, sore, sad" and rolled on the floor for him. SO funny! Makes conversation too like she'll start talking about things we did or saw that day when we have tea, without being prompted. "airpwane!, Flyyyyyyy, up there!" and waving of the arms to tell nige we saw an aeroplane that day. It does blow your mind to think how much they have learned in such a short time!

Wishing you the very best of luck Shannon and also for you Mako. How's things going?

Had a pang today when SIL mentioned to Celeste that she will make a fantastic older sister one day. I didn't say much about it because I didnt wnat to get into it in front of MIL and FIL, just said how much she loves and cares about babies. She gets her baby doll and makes sad crying sounds and a sad face, holds baby close, ssshhh ssshhh's, and pats it's back. it's very cute to watch.

Hooray Kelly, I'm so glad you are feeling heaps better and getting more routine now! I bet you feel like a new woman with some rest It's amazing how true the wonder weeks really are hey? It was an eye opener for me too.

Congrats on your wonderful kids walking and talking for their first birthdays Shannon!!! I bet you were the proudest mum in the world that day. I think you're amazing doing it all with TWO!

Hello everyone else "wave". I've had some tricky times lately with bed time tantrums. And I mean Tantrums! I have to remind myself sometimes just how lucky we are to have C and how perfect she really is. All of us here are just so fortunate! Lucky us!!!

I have to fess up.... I checked A's pants properly today and found poo down the inside of the legs.... he didn't pull them down after all, just undid his nappy and let rip!! Oh well It did seem like an incredible feat!

Oh, I love those little stories! One of A's favourites is how I told the cat to get out of the bedroom my sister is staying in.

"No no no" "nuh" (which means cat) [signs auntie] "mum" [mimes shooing]. And we have to chant along - No cats in auntie I's bedroom. mum says "get out"!

I love these toddler stories (yes even the toilet training ones hehe) all the talking and miming its just incredible can't wait!! And so so cute

Well we managed to get 1 blast on board and none in the freezer unfortunately so now we wait wait wait... I don't know how long we will try for we really can't afford it with 2 kids and 1 income and the amount of guilt i feel when i think what we could do with that money for the two beautiful kids we already have not that they want for anything spoilt brats :P

I think i really will laugh if this works though... previously when trying for the twins we would come home after transfer and spend the day on the mattress on the lounge room floor watching gilmore girls and dreaming of our babies and i wouldn't lift anything over 2kg or do any housework for the 2WW. This time i lug 10kg toddlers around all day sometimes both at once and do everything under the sun... except BD'ing (poor DH) so if it works i am hiring out Julia & Owen to couples TTC!

Sorry for the self involved post.....

Keep the stories coming i love hearing what the other babies/toddlers are upto!

Shan
    xx

good luck Shannon

not a lot happening for us - E is now six months old (gulp - where did that time go??) and tried her first solids last night. success - she chewed with those little gums like there was no tomorrow! we're finally getting good day sleeps out of her as well - which is mking this parenting gig all themore enjoyable

still struggling with money issues with DH essentially unemployed - but we're getting there... sigh - looks like i'll be back at work come January...

Just had to jump in and do a quick Woo Hoo - my little baby is crawling. She has been on the move for a while, but proper continuous crawling is now happening! I can't belive how fast she is growing up.

Sorry about the me post, but got to go chase the little one now. Hope you are all well.

Janie xxx

Good Luck Shannon!

BG, solids is so much fun especially when you're doing BLS. It's amazing to watch how quickly they get the hang of things.

Janie, I can't believe your DD is crawling! This year has flown by and I can't believe how quickly things are happening. I'm enjoying DS not crawling still! lol

All good here. DS has started having a 2 hour nap in the morning (which is where he is now) and it's made a huge difference to my day. He's up 2-3 times per night, but we co-sleep so I don't have to move and he just helps himself to a feed. So, feeling relatively normal these days and getting plenty of rest. He's on 3 meals per day and loves his water from his sippy cup. Rolls everywhere on the floor, but no sign of crawling yet which is ok by me!
    Had his first meeting with Santa last week and we got a lovely photo with a big cheeky smile.

Hope everyone is well

Ok Girls I have time for a quick little confession which one or 2 of you already know about.....I'm pregnant. Its only early days yet though and we aren't telling anyone IRL for a little while either. I got a BFP last Monday and had a B/T last Thursday. All seems to be going ok for now though and I have my 1st scan 2 weeks today.
    I'm still in shock as is DH as we certainly weren't thinking it was going to happen so soon. Sage took nearly 3 years to come to us so as you can imagine we were thinking atleast 12 months lol.

Marcellus lol at little A and his toileting. I had a giggle too.

BBL to catch up with everyone.Oh and BG where has that 6 months gone??? Happy half birthday to E. And let the fun begin with the solids

you need to update your sig Mako!
    and congrats again

ooh yeah - the santa pic on FB is divine! i am hoping to take E next week just for a pic for us...

Thanks BG. I be E will look gorgeous with Santa too.
    I can't do my sig just yet. I have some IRL friends on here in the Necastle thread that I don't want to tell just yet lol. I'm looking forward to creating a ticker for the very 1st time though

Wonderful news Mako. Congratulations!!!! I hope you're feeling ok?

fair enough Mako
    i forget IRL friends factor into it for some peoples - i have no one local on BB lol

Good afternoon girls

Have been lurking here for the last few weeks but havent had a chance to post.

I had a beautiful baby boy on 4 November via an elective c-section at 37.5 weeks. Cant believe that was nearly 4 weeks ago now, how time flies!!!! Trent was conceived after 3 IVF/ICSI attempts. He is our pride and joy

I had been finding breastfeeding difficult from day one. I wasnt producing enough in hospital so he was being topped up with formula after every feed. My left nipple was cracked and bleeding by the time I left hospital so that put me off breastfeeding when I got home so I expressed every few hours and feed him that and formula. After a week of that I went and saw a lactation nurse and put Trent back on the boob and sure enough he feed PERFECTLY! He is a very lazy feeder and thats all I heard the MW say while I was in hospital. I have now persisted with breastfeeding him now as I really want to as all I hear is "breast is best". Although Im now finding that after feeding him on the breast for close to an hour, he is sometimes still hungry. He falls asleep at the boob so I think, he must be satisfied so I put him down only for him to wake a short time later crying for more so I then give him formula. Feeds can sometimes take anywhere from
    1-2 hours if not longer. I told my DP last night that we need to do something as on the weekend Trent was up from 11pm - 3am which is ridiculous!

Last night I decided to give him formula at 11pm and then express for the next feed. This seemed to work as he had his 100mls which is what he is drinking and then he was asleep by just after 12am.

However, the problem I am having is that my express milk quantity varies. Last night I got 100mls, the 2 times I have expressed today I have only gotten 50mls each time so Ive had to give him 50mls formula as well. Im thinking of persisting with doing it this way as I know how much he is getting compared to him sucking at my breast and then him being still hungry.

Any suggestions would be GREAT! I am trying so hard to enjoy him but the stress of feeding and lack of sleep gets to me sometimes. He also has LOTS of wind and seems to constantly fart the poor little man. Have heard of drops you can give babies but the chemist said we cant give them to him until 4 weeks which is wednesday so will try them out. Am hoping it will help him as thats the other problem, after feeding he doesnt always go straight to sleep. It can take him up to an hour sometimes!

Sorry for such a long me post. Its hard to know where to turn to for advice. I LOVE belly belly and it has helped me through our TTC journey and I couldnt have done without it.

I look forward to getting to know you all

Thanks again girls,

Tania

welcome and congrats miss magpie! i would probably jump into the BF general chatter thread and they'll give you some advice - the ladie in there are so very supportive and helpful! i will say though that what you get when expressing is not indicative of what trent is getting when he feeds direct from you. a pump is not as efficient as a feeding bubba. from what i have experienced the only way to get your supply up is to have your bubba on there all the time if need be. when i was struggling with supply i was putting DD on the breast for at least 20 minutes every 2 hours around the clock. if she fell asleep i would tickle her feet to get her to stir and suckle again. it's hard work. and it can take a lot of time and patience (and lets be honest, tears and frustration) - but by feeding him from the bottle, he may continue to be a lazy feeder as the bottle is much easier than the breast.

good luck

BG

WooHoo! Congrats on your ST TTC Mako

Hi MissMagpie and congratulations on your little man! I second the recommendation to visit the breastfeeding problems & support area.
    If he's a lazy feeder the best thing is probably practice. You could try taking him off the breast after 20 mins or so. Burp him and give him the other side. Switching him back and forth like that might get more milk into him quicker.
    For what it's worth, A also fed for a very loooong time when he was that age. He gradually got faster. then around 3.5 months he suddenly got very fast (i mean it was like an overnight change) and would only take 2-3 minutes to feed. It's quite normal for babies to want the breast all the time when they're little if they feel tired or uncomfortable or whatever. It can be quite trying for mums, though, so hope you're getting plenty of help and support.

Hi Miss M, so good to see you over here. I'm happy that you have now got Trent b/fing, I had the same problem with not enough milk for Tara and she was having formula top ups with me expressing, however she was such a lazy feeder that after having a bottle there was no way she was going to go on the boob as it was just too much hard work for her, where having a bottle not much effort is needed to get fed. I think due to this and my anemia my supply started to dwindle and by 3 weeks my milk was all gone, so congrats on being able to b/f and bottle at the same time.

Another question from me, seeing as I am not b/fing I was wondering how long it took for AF to come back?? I was very irregular before getting pregnant (hence the IVF) and was just wondering if/when I could expect it to return.

Hi Mako: I haven't met you but congrats on your BFP. I noticed that you only stopped b/fing 2 months ago, well done you and DH. Looks like you body has kicked into gear for you. Hope you have a h & h 8 more months.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast