Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #1 - 2009

Oh Mels, a boy sounds wonderful. I found the whole knowing your baby's sex really helped my DH bond with the bub. He ask after her every day. We even set up an email account for her... I figured there will lots of things I would want to say to her and it is something that when she gets older she could read and know what mummy and daddy thought, did during the pg and when she was young.

BG - you poor thing... sorry posted at the same time as you. I have also come to accept that I am no longer a superwoman (that's what DH calls me). Almost fell twice during that heavy rainny day we had in Melbourne. DH forbids me from going shopping by myself now.

DH has bought a new digital video recorder. I told him I want have record of as many moments as possible of the pg as well as our daughter after the birth.

Question - Have any of you thought about whether you will take pictures are record your birth on tape????? Currently thinking about taping it all but then don't want images of me totally naked accessible.

Good afternoon girls,

Hope your all doing well. Its nearly the Easter Break....YIPPEE! Im looking forward to the 4 day break!

Janie - Sorry to hear the birth didnt go to plan but as you said, in the end, its about your BEAUTIFUL baby arriving safely. Take care and hope all goes well. Congrats

Mels - how exciting, a BOY! I know my DP wants a boy to carry on his "family name" as he's the last hope but he'll be happy with either as long as he/she are healthy.

Nicole - glad all is well with you and the baby is engaged ready to go

Kahlan - a friend of mine taped her birth. I dont like the idea of the naked part either! I guess its purely a personal opinion.

Nixon - I hope things change for you. Take care.

to everyone else.

Have a good Easter

Cheers,
    Tania

mels- CONGRATS! how cute a little blue baby!

Kahlan - ive thought about videoing as i work in a health so the images dont bother me and DF will see anyway so it would be something i would keep just for me i think or maybe my mum but thats it, also try asking if there are any student nurses or midwifes on shift when u go in who would be willing to tape or take pics, maybe from a side angle so you see bubs pulled out but not the whole vaginal region! as i would love to see my baby enter the world but its a bit hard to see over the belly at the time so taping is a great idea and hope you figure something out that makes you happy!

to all the other ladies who have popped in today i hope all are happy and healthy and we get some more bubs soon!

barney Guest

HAVE A HAPPY EASTER ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL PG GIRLS
    next year you will be all playing easter bunny for the first time with all your new additions.

second that missmagpie - hope everyone has a safe and healthy easter!

that's fantastic news mels! and i loved your idea Kahlan. DH mentioned he'd be interested in knowing the sex of the bubs but i'm still on the fence. i used to be an adamant ''don't find outer'' but after ivf i've changed. i'm just really unsure. one of my friends didn't find out for her first and did for her second so i'm going to ask her when we gt a bit down the track.

congratulsations janie - you seem to be looking at the birthing situation really positively which is always good. suppose at the end of the day so long as bubs is alive and well, it really doesn't matter too much how she arrived. and i love the name you chose, beautiful.

21 - try not to stress too much. i know easier said than done but there's only so many variables you have control over and one of those is stress! congrats on the 150days!

briggy's girl - hope you feel better after the chiro session and have a lovely easter.

as for video, i'm personally not a fan but DH will definitely have teh (photo) camera with him and he likes photography. there will be a no fanny rule tho! no body wants to see that, in my opinion, plus who are you gonna show that to? lol.

good luck Nixon, not long now.

and smithy, what a lovely thought! all mummas this time next year!

AFM: had my second BT today after our positive on Monday. HCG was 500 and Prog was 369 which nurse said were brilliant numbers. I"m so veryvery happy and relieved. was starting to worry myself silly with things like they'd mixed up the result and such. HAve our scan booked for May 1 and visiting the GP for a referral to an obstetriciann on April 30. phew, it's all starting to really lift off!

Does anyone exercise? I was running 20-30km per week up to egg collection and went for a very slow jog yesterday. read i should keep my heartrate below 140 (have a special watch that tells me) so I did that. it was awfully slow and unnatural and I didn't feel very well afterwards. the nurse said it was okay to go back to doign what i was before but not to overheat - but she couldn't really say what classified overheating??? arrggghhh. any thoughts? advice? I'm thinking of just sticking to gentle 5k runs for now.

sorry about the long post.

Hi Girls

Well With TL's Miss charlotte, Janie's jasmine and im sure megans little bundle buddy somewhere about the place its just me and nixon in the next few weeks. My caesarian is booked on 6th May but i have this feeling my little man is going to be early....dont know but i guess i can only be wrong.

AFM im waddling like a duck but doing fine, still sick most days and havent 'gained' any weight but then again i was a big girl to start.

A big hello to all the new ladies its great to have a place like this where you can talk to other people in the same situation as you. I do have a quick question if anyone has any experience, i had breast reduction surgery years ago and my breasts havent changed at all during pregnancy...do most peoples breasts leak towards the end? Or will i not know anything until after he's born?

Love Bee

Wow, so busy in here today.

Janie, so happy to hear the news that Jasmine arrived safely. I don't care how my little one arrives so long as it is healthy which is the most important thing. Enjoy your new job as mummy.

Mel: Yay on a boy, it seems that we are getting a few more boys in here to balance out all these girl bubba's due. I secretly think this year there will be lots of boys to arrive, for the past couple of years everyone we know who had babies had girls.

Everyone esle, I'm thinking of you all.

AFM: Well tomorrow we hit 12 weeks , that mental date has arrived and we can now start really looking forward. Off to the IL's for Easter so I hope you all have a wonderful 4 day break and will update you all after our 12 week scan on Tuesday.

Kelly woo hoo.....12 weeks today, I found that from this time onwards the time really did fly for me

Mels, congrats on finding out your have a boy

Smithy, thanks for all your Easter wishes....still can't wait to see you in here in the next month. Have a happy and safe Easter with your DH and the girls!!

Bee, Grub, 21, MissMagpie, Kahlan, BG, Nic and all the other wadling mums in waiting hope you all have a great Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    HAVE A HAPPY EASTER ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL PG GIRLS
    next year you will be all playing easter bunny for the first time with all your new additions.
    Wow Smithy, you made me cry! Sometimes looking ahead just doesn't occur to me, but when you put it like that,we could be playing Santa even sooner. thanks for your lovely thoughts always and good luck to you too. xox

Kelly -congratulations on getting to your 12 weeks, fantastic news!
    Mels - congrats on finding out you are having a little boy.
    Bee83 - I hope you don't go too early and all goes to plan for you
    Janie - great that your change of plans didn't get you down and you delivered a healthy, happy little jasmine (ahh I love it!)
    21&TTC - (must be time to change your name to lose the TTC. Good luck with your upcoming scan, sorry to hear it's a bit stressful at the moment.
    Briggsysgirl - you know even your avatatar always looks uncomfortable so I always imagine you on the couch not able to move, you poor thing. thought you might like to know a friend of mine got stuck in a water bed...all day til her hubby came home from work. You haven't been that bad yet. It was the days before mobile phones! thinking of you.
    Kahlan - I hope you make a decision on the recording. I'm a bit of a prude, I'd love a water birth but just not that okay with sharing with other people. I like the idea of the hubby waiting with my father outside in the hallway and then break out the cigars! DH is a biologist so I don' think I'll get my way somehow. I like 21's advice on the side view though.
    Nixon - I hope you are feeling better after your melt down and that the advice given has eased your mind a bit. It sounds like the hip thing is pretty common hey and nothing more than a mild inconvenience for a while. still I hope your bub turns for you.
    Grub - as I've always said, you're a dag! You're a bit like me by the sounds. Huge congrats on your second blood test results...they are great numbers, hope they keep rising and you see your little heart beat very soon.
    To everyone I haven't mentioned by name..sorry, I was trying to give you all a little Easter message, but there are so many. I'm thinking of you and you all help me through this time. thanks so much for being a great bunch to share with and learn from.
    AFM..9 weeks tomorrow..yay!
    Have a great Choccie filled Easter xoxo

Hi everyone I think we belong in here now. Feel sad leaving the LTTC Thread but really happy at the same time!!! For those of you that don't know us, my name is Megan and my partners name is Kim. We have been on this infertility rollercoaster for 3 years. After 15 attempts (11 IUI's 4 IVF's) and one miscarriage in April 07, we are finally pregnant!! We are currently 5 weeks and 2 days.

Everything is going good. Kim had some nausea for a couple of nights but none last night. Her boobs are still killing her and hurting more and more everyday, so thats a good sign. She had lots of stretching, stitch like pains on both sides in the first week, but that seems to have subsided at the moment. We have 18 days until our first scan. We are 23dpo. Last time she started spotting at 25dpo. So we are trying not to think about that to survive this stage....I have a confession to make. I poke Kim in the boobs when she is asleep just to check they really are sore and that she is not faking it to please me... Yes i do that, i am a cruel $#@!*. I mean i only gently prod them until she says ooowwwww. Then i'm happy and i roll over and go back to sleep.

We have picked an obstetrician and we went with a doctor within the fertility group we used. Our Dr no longer delivers babies, otherwise we would have loved to stick with him, but the best part is our OB is across the hall from our Dr, so we can pop in and say hello when we like. Our first pre-natal visit is on the 26th May at 11w6d. Until then our Dr will look after us for the first scan on 27/04 and then organise the nuchal translucency scan and blood test at around 11w3d, so we will be armed with the results at our first appointment with our new OB.

So what to do in the next 18 days... I guess i could always use up all the fabric I bought ages ago to make nappies! Right... I am inspired, off to cut out!!!!!

Meghan and Kim. Yep you definitely belong here so make it your home. It really is a life line. Huge congrats on your pg after such a long battle. thanks for the chuckle re the boobs..very cute!

hi meagan and kim - welcome! i swa you are in the dec bellybelly group as well. we look like we are only a few days apart.
    try not to worry and enjoy the moment, that's the philosophy i'm trying to stick to anywaya!!!

welcome megan and kim! have been quietly following your journey for a looooong time so it's fantastic to see you in here

not up to persies today - had a shocker yesterday (did a big boo hoo about it - but long story short, truck almost rear ended me when i was stopped at traffic lights, it swerved and missed my car by inches - ended up parked between me and the guard rail on the road, within 2 inches of my mirror - started having contractions but they settled over a period of about 4 hours - was so close to a hospital trip!)

hope everyone has a fantastic weekend - i'll be in and out over the next few days but making the most of DH being home (yay!) and getting some stuff done around here

hey ladies! wow very busy today and yesterday in here i cant keep up! welcome to grub and kim and megan!

briggsy - i read your post yesterday and i even told DF about it and how scary it is on the road when u are preg i wish they had an "unborn baby on board" sign we could hang! i hope you are ok and also that your MS is starting to ease at least the finish line is in sight!

Murph- i was going to change my name but i wont yet as i dont want to jinx myself until i get to my 20 weeks scan and see a healthy bub! hope all is well with you and i remember you from the LTTTC and AC forum.

kellyd- YAY 12 weeks its great isnt it! you can finally get in the teens! i love saying im sevenTEEN weeks or eighTEEN weeks rather than nine haha have a great upcoming 2nd trimester!

hi everyone else, bee, nicole, nixon, bel, and all the others i cant think of off the top of my head! oh and smithy! come on MAY!!!!

AFM - had a good easter friday morning spew this morning! have to do a big assignment over easter so not happy jan! then have 2 weeks at redland hospital for uni and 2 weeks at gold coast hospital for uni and i have late shift til 11 pm i dont know how im going to do it im in bed by 8 or 9 EXHAUSTED from doing nothing, AND i have to drive and hour to get home! so wont be in bed til midnight! im such a whinger! almost halfway though YAY!

Big to Megan and Kim and congrats on your BFP

BG, how scary for you!! It must have been horrible having contractions but am glad to hear that you and bubs are ok. Did you go to the hospital or see your Dr after the accident?

21, Happy Easter to you!!...NOT but all worth it in the end

wasn't an actual accident Nicole - just a very near miss - but probably more scary cos i seen the damn truck bearing down on me and had all the "what if" thoughts for ages! didn't go to the hospy - the Ob said any more than four contractions in an hour to call them cos it's getting to the point of needing monitoring. i had an hour and a half of about 15 minute gap, and then a couple of hours of 20 min gap then dropped off over the next four hours or so.

good morning ladies!

well i had a terrible night! my and DF went up to brisbane to see our friends who we havent seen in ages and live 3 hours away only to get a flat tyre, so naturally we went to the boot to get the spare, i had never checked the spare as its a new car well under a year old and we payed quite a bit of money for it so assumed they tyre would be at a good standard WELL! it had a max of 80 ks warning sticker on it and was about 2 inches thinner width wise than the others and was about an inch bigger, im so disgusted, we bought that car brand new and it had a second hand spare tyre in the trunk. had to do 70 k's on the 110k pacific motorway didnt get home til about midnight and almost everyone plowing in the back of us so put the hazards on and ppl had the hide to toot me! DF had to work at 8 this morning and i just brokedown coz now i have to go to the tyre shop and look dumb and not get talked into a shotty deal and a bit broke this week so cant spend more than 200 bucks and the tyres on there i find out are 495 EACH!!! so have to go second hand, im just annoyed and ranting and tired i have so much uni stuff to do and now this annoying saga. NEVER BUY A NEW CAR!!!!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast