Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #2 - 2009

Hi Girls,

Just introducing myself after 15 months of TTC #2 I'm finally here and I couldn't be happier...
    Dont want to get too excited just yet as have had an earl mc in the past, but this one just feels "right", still cant help but be nervous as well though.
    Anyway i'd like to wish you all a happy and healthy journey for whatever amount of time may remain for you and i look forward to getting to know you all over the next few months.
    xx
    Ella'sMum

Congratulations Ella's Mum and welcome!

Congrats on your pregnancy Ella's Mum

Bella, I was the same as you in the first half of my pregnancy. A cup of tea and vegi on crumpets....yummy!!

barney Guest

a big hello to all you beautiful big bellied girls,happy baking not long to go for a couple of you
    good luk girls

Hi Everyone

Firstly congratulations to you all on your pregnancies and I really hope that they are H&H for you all.

Not sure if this is the right place for me to be posting but shall run with it until someone tells me differently.

We got our BFP this month which we were over the moon about it and completely surprised by as I wasn't feeling pregnant at all. We had our first BT at 16dpo which was 282 and a further test 10 days later which was over 10,000 which our FS says is right on track for the stage we are at.

The problem, however, is that I'm not feeling anything. I thought that a few days after we got our positive result that things were starting to happen and that my BB were starting to swell and I needed to go to to the toilet during the night a few times. Then the last 4 days or so I really feel that the few vague symptoms that I had started to feel have stopped and I'm convinced that this pregnancy has stopped. I definitely feel like my BB's are not as swollen as they were a few days ago and I haven't needed to go the toilet in the night either. I have no nausea, not especially hungry - nothing. I am going out of my mind worrying that it's all over.

I am only 5w4d pregnant and do realise it is very early days but think it's the fact that I did think my body had started to respond and has now stopped that is really playing on my mind.

Anyone out there experience anything similar? Anyone else not get any pregnancy symptoms till quite late?? Is it possible that it isn't over yet?

So sorry for the me post but desperate for some reassurance.

thanks so much for any advice/thoughts.
    xx

KMond, firstly congrats on your Pregnancy
    As for symptoms, they only really lasted for me a week after my BFP...and nothing really since.
    Everyone is different and you may only be a sleep away from MS So don't speak too soon as you said it yourself it may just be too early.
    If you are concerned you should speak to your FS as I am sure he/she will be arranging a scan for you at the 6-7 week stage.

Congrats Kmond and Ella's mum

Kmond - I had very little symptoms initially - your numbers look great - stay positive.

Quick question for everyone - I am having trouble with my diet . I am eating heaps and heaps of carbs - thats all i feel like oh and any type of bad food - maccas etc - i know this isn't good enough since i'm eating for 3! I just can't stomach vegetables at the moment and the thought of it makes me feel sick. I know what i should be eating but i just can't! I know i should start to feel better soon and hopefully my diet should improve but does it matter and what are you all eating? Fresh fruit is no problem but even that is full of sugar!

xxBella

if carbs is all you can stomach, then eat them hun! honestly - you eat what you can! ultimately, the kidlets will take what they need and you'll just keep feeding yourself. the only problem is that,, with carbs, they are generally processed very quickly and as a result, the ms comes back quicker and you have to eat again sooner.

can you replace anything that you're eating at the moment with lower GI? for me, my standard "diet" early on was two slices of toast with boiled eggs for brekki. potato wedges (cos i neeeded carbs for lunch) with a couple of quality chook nuggets for lunch. yogurt for arvo tea, and a meal packed full of veg for dinner (but the veg seriously had to be hidden or i couldn't do it - so spag bol with a tonne of veg, caserole etc). i couldn't NOT have protein or i'd be feeling ill all day. i went of fresh fruit (fruit of any sort) big time cos i knew i'd have a sugar high then a major sugar low - wasn't worth it....

also things like crackers and cheese were good to tide me over between feeds. every morning i'd get up a couple of hours before i needed to, and have either yogurt (until i got sick of it!) or a feed of cheese - it was enough to sustain me....

keep in mind, this is (hopefully) short term. it's not ideal to be eating what you consider to be unhealthy, but if its ALL you can stomach, then eat it. better to eat something that isn't ideal and keep it down, than to force yourself to eat something you're not able to keep down (or worse still, simply not eat!). my best friens when i was out (aw hell, even now when i'm out!) is KFC chips - i don't go to town without having them - they keep my bsl's up, settle my tummy etc. not healthy by a long shot - but neither is stopping half way home to try and throw up on the side of the road (which i can't do, but i feel like i need to!)

to the new ladies - welcome!

Kmond - it's not at all unusual to have a reduction in "feeling" pregnant early on. when you hit the 5-6 week mark, your hcg increase and progesterone increase sort of plateau's a little, so the changes aren't as drastic in your own body. enjoy it while you can! if you get morning sickness you'll be begging for even half a day feeling as "normal" as you do now (says the 38 week pregnant chick that has had maybe a dozen days since she was six weeks when she hasn't had nausea to a pretty high degree!)

hi bella, i'm hearing you gurlfren about the carbs. i spend my days and nights fantasising about a) spag bog b) lasagne c) sausage rolls d) noodle box and of course e) hot chips with tomato sauce.. hhhmmm chiiiipppssss. this are all not good options for a woman with constipation issues! (after writing that i'm so hungry again! dargn)

i have been denying my craving and it sucks. but i made a deal with myself that if i hold out til fri i can treat myself to a lovely lasagne and salad from the local italian shop for lunch.

i know people say don't deprive, but i don't really think its good for me to eat loads of carbs and not do much exercise. in saying that thou bella, i still enjoy my vege and fruit and other food. except stew - had left over for lunch and it just ain't sitting right.

everyone is differnet, just do what you can to get through it.

kmond - sorry love can't help you out with that one. but i do believe in the power of positive thoughts and i'm sending you some. let us know how it goes and if you are really worried ask your clinic for another test. again, everyone does things differently. my boobs didn't get sore till 8wks and now ... oohhh, ouchies.

hhi nicole s, BG, big hugs to smithy for her fantastic support, kaydee hi! Bellas mum -i 'm relieving for my boss too... it's nearly killing me. got 2 wks left, humph. so i'm hearing you on the sleep.

anyhoo, as i said, feeling ****ehouse atm. cranky, sore boobies, nauseous, have a headache and bloody tired. but 10 wks!!! yay. only a few more and we're outta 1st into 2nd and feeling more comfortable.

still haven't bought anything yet, i just can't bring myself to do it. it's weird. but we did sand back the 2nd hand cot we bought ages ago and dh revarnished/stained it. looks great. happy wiff.

big hugs to you all.
    oxx

Hey Ladies just a quick post to let you know that the next time I post on this thread I will have had June Bug.
    Today we went and saw OB who has booked us in for induction Wednesday night and hope to deliver bubs sometime Thursday.
    Based on my BP this is the best option for both of us so there is no turning back now.

BG, I want to wish you all the best for the birth of your baby girl as I am sure we won't be too many days apart and I will be thinking of you.

To everyone else keep on growing....

Nite, that is if I can get any sleep tonight?!?!

Good Luck Nicole! Can't wait to hear your good news.

Janie and Jasmine xxx

barney Guest

GOOD LUK NIC,HOW EXCITING

Good Luck Nicole!!

Good luck Nicole Can't wait to hear how you go!

xxBella

Good afternoon girls,

Nicole - WOW, so close now! Good luck and cant wait to hear your news

Ellasmum - Hello and Welcome The nerves are understandable and we all feel them. Hopefully your first trimester flies by. Enjoy this thread. There are lots of LOVELY girls in here full of helpful information

Kwond - Welcome to you too I didnt feel anything for quite awhile. It didnt become real for me until I saw my babies heartbeat at just over 6 weeks so hang in there. Have you got an ultrasound scheduled soon???

Grub - welcome back Hope you enjoyed you time away. I didnt buy anything until a few weeks ago cause like you, didnt want to jinx myself. It wont be long now until 12 wks for you Then you can shop until your hearts content, hehe

Hello to Janie, BG, Smithy, Possums, Bella and everyone else

AFM, Went shopping Sunday and got a few more "baby purchases". Target had a sale on!!!! Still feels weird to be scoping the baby section and now actually buying things. Have bidded on a few cots on ebay so hoping I snag one soon. Am not feeling as tired or as hungry either. Have already noticed stretch marks though
    I dont usually look at myself in the mirror as Im always rushing around in the morning but on Saturday before I jumped in the shower I was looking at my tummy and noticed this very dark red mark and wondered what it was. On closer inspection, there were marks on my right hip too! I was shattered. Ive now bought some stretch mark cream but have read that if your prone to them, your prone to them, cream or no cream. I already have a long horrible scar on my tummy so stretch marks will just add to my already not very nice looking tummy and no-existent belly button

Take care,

Tania

NicS - All the very best for the birth. Can't wait to hear all about it.
    x

good luck Nicole!

best of luck nicole, will be thinking of you!!!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast