Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #2 - 2009

Hi Everyone

Sorry for the late reply about the scan, have had real trouble getting onto the site......

Anyway, scan went really well and all vital organ were fully accounted for and all working properly with no obvious abnormalities. There was a full on gymnastics party happening during the scan so it was hard to get some good photo's and the scan took over an hour to complete.

Anyway, the news I'm sure you are all waiting to know..... Well my hunch back from 8 weeks was completely wrong... We are expecting a pretty "Pink" princess to join us. I think DH was a bit disappointed but he said that he thought it might be a girl anyway. Men and the need to have sons, just wait I'm sure this little one will be a true daddy's girl.

Anyway gotta fly, need to get some sleep... Our little girl has been having huge fun this afternoon and I've been getting butterfly twinges which are fantastic but am thinking I need to catch sleep while I can as I'm sure once she really starts getting into the kicking thing I won't get any peace.

Jen77 - I had really bad tailbone pain. I used to sit at a computer for 8 - 9 hours a day and the 'ergonomically' correct chair did me no favours. My pain decreased in the third tri - no idea why. Maybe because Asher was breech and the pressure was no longer on my tailbone region. Who knows.

Google 'Pregnancy tailbone pain' - there seem to be a fair few hits - there might be some useful hints for you to get some relief.

hello everyone!

Congrats Kelly on your little pink bundle!
    Nixon - thanks for your advice. I think I'm going to go and get one of those haemorrhoid pillows! They seem to be a solution that many recommend

Well, we are expecting TWIN BOYS!!!!!! It was so wonderful to see them yesterday. Everything is where it should be, so that's a relief.

They were pretty funny actually - rather than being side by side, they are literally on top of each other. The top one was taking up all the room, stretching out, having a great old time, and the underneath one was squished into the tiniest little ball. The top one decided to land himself (bum first) straight on the bottom one's head. And he obviously thought "Right, enough's enough" - he worked himself around so that he had full leverage of his legs and kicked his brother off him. It was hilarious.

Hi everyone else - hope you're all well!

Jen

Wink

Hi ladies I have been popping checking up on everyone its been so busy,

Murph you are an inspiration

KellyD thats great news a little girl you will find that your DH will absolutly adore her she will have him wrapped around her little finger in know time. We need more girls.

Jenc sorry to hear about your back pain pg is hard enough without that. I have never had that problem yet but by the sounds of it, it does happen. 2 Beautiful boys that would of been so funny to see how cute. Have you thought of any names yet?

AFM those peskie headaches of mine have come back again I think I need to drink more water. I was thinking of get a massage but was told to be careful due to certain points in your body might relax your uterus, has anyone heard of that before? I going to look for someone that has experience with pg massage.

Good luck to you ladies with the due dates nearly here how exciting.

hi girls
    just jumping back into the thread after 2 weeks holiday. so much has happened in here!
    jenc - how exciting about your 2 blue bundles!
    kelly - a pink bundle!
    21 - a blue bundle!
    murph - hope you're doing ok in the lead up to your appointment.
    nixon - trust motherhood is going amazing
    hi grub, 2mums, tania, neptune (so sorry about your cat)
    can't wait to hear news of BG's gremlin arrival.
    AFM, excited that I've past the 100 day countdown. i got to hear baby's heartbeat today - just lovely.
    Mels xx

sorry, also meant to say hi to azzrenae! hope your head improves too.

hi lovely pregnant ladies...glad to read all your positive news, and things going well

BG- looking forward to hearing news

Hi girls,

I will be back. Just wanted to say I was reading over the old posts, catching up and came across an updated photo of Megan's bub. If you really need a smile today, check out the new photo....gorgeous!!! (sorry I forgot to note what page).

I got goosebumps and a huge smile reading about the twin boy beans JenC. So cute. Congrats.

More personals on the weekend for all the girls with your gorgeous scans.xox

Hi Girls

We had our first OB appointment and everything was great. The OB had a good look at the baby then printed a photo just as the baby was rolling away so it looks a bit funny, but you get the general idea.

Dr K asked us to seriously think about whether we really wanted to do any testing. He basically said you are well and truely pregnant, everything looks really good, so do you really want to worry yourselves for the next 10 weeks or so or do you want to enjoy this pregnancy?

He said if we want to go to the races and get bookies odds on the baby having down syndrome then have the blood test and the scan at 12 weeks. But if we want to know if the baby has a chromosomal abnormality just skip the blood test and the scan and have an amnio.

Then he said that if we decide to have an amnio we have to decide first if we would terminate the pregnancy if there were anything wrong. The answer was no. So no blood test. No Amnio. No odds given. Just a scan next week to make sure that there is nothing obvious wrong like missing limbs etc with a better machine than his.

Major abnormalities that aren't compatible with life, we might consider termination, but otherwise we dont want to know. We already love this baby too much!!

Good afternoon girls

Jen - how exciting, your having 2 boys, Congrats

Kelly - Congrats on your pink bundle My DP is the same about the whole "boy" factor to carry on his family name but he'll be happy either way. How excting for you!!!

Murph - Hope all goes well on Monday. Cant believe the dramas you had a Tuesday. You are a very courageous woman. Thinking of you

Twomums - glad all went well with your OB appointment. It seems strange that he's not sending you for the 12 week nuchal scan. I know because of my age and the fact that it was an IVF baby, my OB automatically sent us for the blood test and scan but I guess its just routine. If you've both decided it doesnt matter it your baby has downs, then there is no need for it. Everyone is diferent

Azzrenae - what a bugger that your headaches are back. Hope they ease up for you soon.

MHB - apprehension about things going wrong I would have thought is normal. We have all been through so much to get where we are so fear is natural. I too worry alot and will be anxious until the baby is born but then there's the fear of cot death :-( Take care.

to Possums, Nixon, Grub, Mels, BG and everyone else.

AFM, not much happening. Am moving house in 2 weeks My DP and I are only in a unit so we are upgrading to a 4 bedroom house so I can now set up a nursery!!!!! Its only a rental. Would love to buy a house but prices are still too high so we are going to wait PATIENTLY to see what the house market does in the coming months. Extra space will be a godsend Im feeling well. Stomach seems to be popping out more but still dont have that "proper" rounded bump. I just look FAT!

Have a great weekend all.

Take care,

Tania

Have fun moving Tania - well, actually, no-one enjoys that do they? But have fun setting up the nursery!!

Azzrenae -sorry to hear about your headaches. You can definitely get massage, but make sure you choose someone who is trained in preg massage. I always find acupuncture helps my headaches, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. But water and sleep should do a world of good too. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Possums - how are you doing??

Mels - you seem to be cruising along! Good on you. Hope you continue to be well.

Nixon - hi! How are you going?

Murph - how are you going? I haven't caught up on everyone's entries over the past few days - so I'm a bit behind. Thinking of yuo and hope you're well.

BG - news!!!!!

Hi everyone else - twomums, MBH, grub, neptune - argh! who else!! Hi to everyone.

AFM, well I've just come home from the physio, where I learned I have a slipped pelvis! No wonder it's been sore! So now I'm strapped, belted and have some exercises to do, so I hope that helps.

We have a friend's wedding tomorrow, so looking forward to showing off my bump now that it's well and truly arrived! Have a great weekend everyone.

Jenx

hey girls

just want to say i am thinking of you all and hope to be joining you all in july!!!!

also want to say congrats to bg again on the birth of your gorgeous little girl

so who is next to pop???

Hi Girls

I'm hoping everyone is well - someone said congrats to BG, but I can't find any news anywhere of the birth????? If you are out there BG, i hope you are well and that everything is going okay - I can't find any evidence of you having delivered yet?

JenC - no wonder you were in pain you poor pet! Hope the strapping has helped. Not good that you have this problem, but at least you know what it is!

MissMagpie - Good luck with the move! More room sounds heaven! My DH is a bit of a hoarder and we don't have the baby's room ready yet which is sooooo frustrating. I just want to get in there and nest.

Twomums - i think there are standrad ways to do things, but it's not for everyone. If you know what you would do in the instance of DS or other chromosomal abnormality, then not having the scans etc is fine. Congrats on 12 weeks!

Hello to azzrenae, mels, Kellyd, grub, murph, MHB and any other gorgeous girls I have missed!

AFM: I have popped out majorly, to the point where my belly is so tight and stretched. The midwife told me that he is a big boy, with my fundus height at 22cm at 20 weeks! Scared now! Heaps of movement now which I just love, and keep smiling to myself.

Question: I went for a swim this morning, nothing too taxing, just some gentle laps. After 18 laps, I felt my belly go REALLY tight and I got a bit worried thinking it may be a contraction? It felt slightly uncomfortable, but then settled down. Anyway, I stopped, and thought I would do some research as I don't want to do anything that is going to jeopardise things. Any thoughts?

to all

Hello ladies

I joined a while ago but never really posted. Found out a couple of days ago that I am 5 weeks pregnant. After almost 4 years of ttc and being told we need IVF. This is my second natural preg, lost the first one at 11.5 weeks in 2008 and i am obviously very nervous about this one.

What I will say is that we are pretty convinced that Menevit did it. DH was on it for 6 months. Our only problem was a very low morphology, everything else good. So needless to say, DH is going to keep taking it, just in case.

I dont think its sunk in yet, and we arent telling family just yet. Please for us that this baby sticks around!

spookie

neptune, bg has had her little girl

i dont know how to link a thread , but its in the birth announcement thread

hope that helps xxx

spookie - welcome! i too put DF on menevit and fell naturally a month before starting AC so i really put it down to that and good timing. He had very low count and low morphpology too. Good luck and we all hope you have a long stay in this thread.

Thanks MtC, I found it. Go BG, and welcome Emerald!

barney Guest

thinking of all you beautiful girls your all doing a great job baking your bubs.
    oh and wow there are a lot of bubba boys due to hey ? even twin little boys how lovely hun(jenc) congrats.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast