Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #2 - 2009

hi ladies

just jumping in to do a bit of an update - have been having a tough time with non baby-related things lately and done a bit of a "head in the sand" thing with everything. today we FINALLY got confirmation that a redundancy payment i'm due from Feb 2005 is to be paid - after over three years in court, high court rulings, appeals - the whole shebang. it's come as a very welcome relief after both DH and I having so much time off work with the pregnancy sickness (me) and the fires and things (him). it was also a VERY welcome boost when i got confirmation of the amount - it's almost half what i was expecting again! yay! so my shocking week ended with me in tears (yet again) but they were tears of relief for once, not fear of how the hell we're going to survive when the Gremlin arrives! i have tried to update a bit lately, but have found my net dropping out a lot, so i'll apologise for very few persies but i will try my best!

Bel - woooooooooooooo hooooooooooo - everything is looking fantastic for you and your twins now! if you make it another few weeks, you and I might just end up baby buddies

Nicole - isn't that 34 week mark just magical - it's like a weight lifted - the stats are awesome for bubbas born after 34 weeks

to the newer ladies - take every single day, every week, every test, as a milestone - for one, it makes the days fly by - and for two - each day IS a blessing. it won't be long til you feel your baby squirming around and you'll be smiling at the weirdest things - and not long after that, you'll be begging for the sweet relief of child birth (well, that's how it feels to me at the moment - bring it ON!)

am almost 35 weeks now, and am starting to really fret on small stuff - like getting Gremlin's nursery finished (which i need daddy and my bro to help me with) - i think i'm more stressed cos DH had to go to Queensland for work, and can't leave there til lunch time tomorrow or later and won't be back within what i deem a reasonable distance til probably Tuesday... ahhhh, the joys of being married to a long haul truckie. i'm sure if i look back over my posts i could tell you when he was home and when he was away!

as to the stuff on this last page that was addressed to me specifically, i'll just give quick answers (i did try to answer earlier i promise - stupid cyber space eating my posts!!)

Quote Originally Posted by grub17 View Post
    thanks BG - question though what's mpm and where is that (i know, idiot). and what does mcn stand for in the nappy discussions. i tried to find it in the abbreviation help but couldn'. yeah, i was going to go to a big shop and scope out all the stuff we want/need with prices then look for deals on line and elsewhere. i'm hanging out to start buying stuff....
    MPM's are marketplace members - paid up members of BB who advertise their businesses or affiliations with businesses in their signature. there is a section of the forums devoted to MPM's at the bottom of the main page, which introduces the MPM's and where they post specials etc. you'll find the ladies that frequent the cloth nappy threads and have businesses pop up all the time. they are the most helpful ladies in terms of nappy knowledge and will answer all your questions... MCN's are modern cloth nappies - the ones that look like disposables rather than the older style flat nappies...

Quote Originally Posted by Murph01 View Post
    BG, in all my posts I was thinking of you and how crook you were sounding but I never mentioned you . i hope you are feeling more comfortable and are getting through the lousy time you've had lately. How was the chiro? wow you sound uncomfortable, I hope you got some relief.
    Murph - i've had a somewhat damaged back since i was a kid and have had migraines all my life. my chiro has been my life saver for about 13 years. i know as soon as my neck goes kaput, i have to go see him or i'm in big big trouble. we've also worked out that having one leg about half an inch shorter than the other is putting horrific strain on my pelvis with the baby in there, so i'm on weekly visits with him for maintenance more than anything at the moment - he at least makes me capable of walking! he did mention yesterday that the twist to my hip is getting significantly worse as the pregnancy progresses and is likely to be rather uncomfy in labour... hmmmm lucky me. the baby has also decided the past few days to shift her weight from one side of my tummy to the other - after being on the left hand side for the past 30 odd weeks, she has moved to the right, so the pelvic pain is pretty full on at the moment. mum took me shopping today to get some things, and by the time we got back to her house, i was put on enforced couch rest cos i could barely move! yikes

on top of all that is the emotional and financial stuff i mentioned earlier in my post which have just left me really down - the financial stuff looks to be heaps relieved now, but the emotional is still bugging me with DH being away. with all the pain today and the fact i got seriously nauseous (which i can't cope with - i have a serious upchuck phobia!) i was quite upset when i got back to mum's and fell apart, but am feeling a bit better for now...
    Last edited by briggsy's girl; April 24th, 2009 at 07:03 PM.

Very quick one, in a rush.

Bel - congrats on your wonderful 30 weeks milestone

Briggsy's girl - no wonder you are in pain, and i sympathise with the absence of your DH - mine had to go OS for 2 weeks, adn I feel veeeerrry vulnerable without him at the moment.

Hey to everyone else, gotto go, my statistics book is calling *yawn*

to all

hey congrats BG, i'm glad some weight has lifted off your shoulders. when is DH back?
    thanks for the info... i realised the mpm one later when scouting the site and felt like a right fool. lol. done some more reading... think we are gonig to try going OSFA (please note my use of acronym heee) pockets, if there's such a type. i'm still a bit confused. as well as a couple of fitted and some flats with covers. but we'll get more serious in a few weeks time.

hi neptune, nicole S and our pregnancy cheerleader Smithy! you are an incredible woman to still pop in here and read out gripes and journies when you so long to be here too. i'm praying for you to come to us soon... .plus i need some friends at the bottom of the EDD list lol, a position i'm sure you won't mind filling.

yeah murph, like the other girls i liked the note idea until nixon gave us her very wise and sound insight! good on nixon. i think she's right. call and don't make it too big a deal.

thanks for the shout out jen - you wrote personals to everyone but forgot to tell us how you are trundling along love??? hope you are well... my DH and I can agree on girls names but not on boys names and he constantly tells my that any suggestion i make "sounds like a surname'' ie cooper etc??? bbrrrhhhh. men!

hey missmagpie - an open day! i didn't even know that happened! have fun!

nicole S - enjoy your day and let them spoil you... you deserve it!

AFM - uuugggghhhhh nausea/reflux. have had my porridge several times over this morning. yuck. was going to to anzac day parade but am staying on the couch and watching on tv instead. just cant stand up for that long. felt ravenously hungry all the sudden yesterday. i literally could not eat enough. thank god i had healthy snacks at work (apple, tuna/crackers, two fruits). had huge amount of water and a huge sandwich and a piece of cake and my snacks plus breakfast by 12.30pm and was STILL hungry!!! i actaully thought i was going to faint at the sandwich shop because ihadn't eaten for 45mins and felt weak. lol. and hunger pains were terrible. has anyoen else had this??? i was very off putting. ssooo glads it hte weekend, hope everyone enjoys it.

oxox

hey congrats BG, i'm glad some weight has lifted off your shoulders. when is DH back?
    thanks for the info... i realised the mpm one later when scouting the site and felt like a right fool. lol. done some more reading... think we are gonig to try going OSFA (please note my use of acronym heee) pockets, if there's such a type. i'm still a bit confused. as well as a couple of fitted and some flats with covers. but we'll get more serious in a few weeks time.
    not sure when DH will be back - we THINK he'll be back home on Wednesday or Thurs for a few days, and was hoping to stay til next Tuesday (we have BF class on Monday) but i'm now looking at changing BF class to the following Monday - if he makes it to next Monday's, he wn't be able to be home for my birthday which will be really hard. i know he wants to be home Wednesday at the latest this week as it's the anniv of our first angel baby, and then wants to be home for my birthday and mothers day (yet another anniv) so i have to ring the hospital soon (just procrastinating i think!)

with pockets, you can definitely get some OSFM (most is so much better explanation!) - but they usually won't fit well on a young bubba til they are at least a few months old. i have some gorgeous OSFM nappies - and have folded them down and compared to the smaller sizes and they just still seem a bit big and add a lot of bulk... the thread for new users is awesome for getting opinions on stuff like this though...

suppose i best be calling the hospy to change this class - i think if i can't change it i'll still send DH to work and drag mum along for support - it's not the same as DH being there, but being an interstate driver, we can't have him leave Tuesday next week and back home by Thursday night - and neither of us want me to wake up alone on my birthday!

those are bigger than they look and are for you BG! i hope it all works out for you and you have a wonderful birthday. oxox

re nappies OSFA being big - that's why i thought i'd get a few fitted and flats to tied me over at first. i expect i'll use disposable as well for a bit when first home, just being a first time mum with no support (no family and no friends for about 2000kms) i'll just ease into it.

thanks for all your advice. thinking of you.
    oxoxo

BG, I thought your DH must be a truckie or soldier with all the trips away. Let us know when your birthday is so we can make it a nice distraction and send you our wishes...

Grub (he he), I am still laughing and just read your post about hunger out loud to my DH. I have a "tape worm" that wants feeding at all times of the day and night and yes I know the exact feelings you are experiencing. Ginger and lemon tea helps with sickness but changing your big meal times to when you are hungriest. i.e I was up at half past something ridiculous for the ANZAC ceremony and tucked into brekky at home, then after the ceremony, had some yummy cooked breaky provided at the pub and I have had the best day in ages. Maybe having a big hearty breaky sets you up and gets you to the next meal without too many crazy highs and lows. Goodluck.

BG, I thought your DH must be a truckie or soldier with all the trips away. Let us know when your birthday is so we can make it a nice distraction and send you our wishes...

Grub (he he), I am still laughing and just read your post about hunger out loud to my DH. I have a "tape worm" that wants feeding at all times of the day and night and yes I know the exact feelings you are experiencing. Ginger and lemon tea helps with sickness but changing your big meal times to when you are hungriest. i.e I was up at half past something ridiculous for the ANZAC ceremony and tucked into brekky at home, then after the ceremony, had some yummy cooked breaky provided at the pub and I have had the best day in ages. Maybe having a big hearty breaky sets you up and gets you to the next meal without too many crazy highs and lows. Goodluck.
    birthday is a fortnight yesterday...

you're sooooo right about the big brekkie tiding you over. when i was at the height of MS (so from week 6 to about 4 weeks ago!) the best days i had were teh ones when DH was home and i could have a heavy brekkie and NOT go out in the car (car killed me!) - if DH wasn't home, i religiously had two boiled eggs on toast at 8 am every morning (some cheese at 6am to tide me over!) - when DH was home, he would (and still does) make me a cheese burger - fresh rissoles from the local butcher, slice of cheese, fresh multigrain bread - and i would feel heaps better during the day as a result. i'd still have to eat regular, but i felt better for the bulk of the day...

Hi Everyone

So much happening in here, I'll have to take some time to catch up.

Just wanted to let you know I'm feeling much better and DH has been an absolute star..

We went a look at baby stuff today and came home with our first major purchase (still probably a bit early but couldn't resist). We bought our pram... It is a Childcare Blaze 3 wheeler. I didn't really want a 3 wheeler as I didn't like the fact that when the baby is small it would face away from me and I wouldn't be able to make sure everything was o.k, but the model we bought came with the Bassinet option that attaches to the frame and also came with a bonus bassinet stand. Which means we won't need to get a bassinette for our room as we can use the one of the pram. The store only had one left and it was 1/2 price at $250 so we jumped on it as we thought that it would give us the option of the bassinet for new born and then when it's a bit older, DH can take the baby out running with him.

Luckily for us, my parents are going to buy the babies wardrobe and tall boy (we have chosen an option that the baby can have as it grows up) and DH's parents are going to get the Cot & change table and my sister is going to buy us 6 months worth of nappies. This means DH & I only really need to get the Car Seat and then all the smaller items, which we will be able to take our time getting as most of the big things are being bought for us. I can't beleive how lucky we are not to have the expense of the major items.

Just to add to the manic hunger feelings, I can literally to the minute tell you when it is 5.00pm. I have to have tea. getting home from uni (and yes driving on a winding road is a killer when so ravenous) it's all I can do not to stop and eat about 3 times in the 2 hour drive. Luckily it's only twice a week.

KellyD, yay for you. A bit of retail therapy goes a long way hey? It's a huge relief to not have to think of buying everything and planning furniture to grow into must be a nice secure feeling. Our problem is that we are racing the clock with DH finishing his PhD in less than 8 months and the baby due in 6 and a bit months. The only thing keeping us up here is his study and we're only renting, we sold our house and lost everything in shares, so we are kind of getting a wee bit unsettled about where we are going to be when this bub is born. Jobs in his field could take us anywhere, but I'd love to stay here and settle with chooks and vegies in a bit of Daintree acreage so we are just kind of swinging in the breeze. I envy you that bit of security but I"m not really worried. things have a way of working out and I have fantastic family that will always take in a stray waif in need of a home just sooooo don't ever want to have to go back to Townsville.

BG, congrats on the huge settlement (what a long battle). good on you, timing couldn't be better. I'd just settle for Kevin Rudd's 900 dollars at the moment, but alas still nothing!

Grub, now I know you are just showing off and you want me to ask...so I'll play the mug to make you look like you've done your homework and I haven't..what's an OSFA?

Neptune...Stats, you poor thing! The only subject I ever failed, but I did it so well. I came out of my exam and thought, what have i been so scared of, failing is easy!!! Good luck.

Grub, now I know you are just showing off and you want me to ask...so I'll play the mug to make you look like you've done your homework and I haven't..what's an OSFA?
    yes, yes, thank you. i feel like a proper mother to be now i know my one acronym lol. it's One Size Fits All. What a clever little grubbles! lol
    but seriously, we are going with this one cos its supposed to do them from very young to toddler and with the pockets, means you slip an absorbent pad inside - this can make it quicker to wash/dry the nappies rather than as one big unit iykwim. ... well, that's according to the forums & i'm really just plagarising other people's opinions

thanks for the advice re the food. i wasn't too bad today but when i gotta eat i gotta eat. Mind you i did down a footlong subway without batting an eyelash hahhha.. usually a half or a wrap fills me up!

another good thing i've found for nausea/hunger and when you feel crappy are green apples. maybe its the sugar or the relatively non-offensive nature of apple, but if i have one i do feel much better. might have to start calling grubby bub, granny smith tho cos i'm eating so many apples

hi kellyD! i can't wait to go shopping. 14 wks is about the time we'll first go as well. except i might come home with more than one item lol.

thanks bg and murph regarding food, that's part of the reason i was so surprised tho cos i always always eat a good breakfast. before PG it was natural museli with strawberries and diet vanilla yoghurt. i ate that every single day for 3 years... until about 5 wks preg and it started to taste like cocharoaches wtf??? now i have porridge with sultanas. I'm really not a toast girl, it just oesn't hit the spot. but i might do cheese snacks as well if it gets bad again.

quiet night for us, (gee you could tell?) went to the shops today, only for abut an 1hour and i'm now zonked. had a 5.30m dinner and now i'm just cruising on bb before i doze off.

oxoxo

yes, yes, thank you. i feel like a proper mother to be now i know my one acronym lol. it's One Size Fits All. What a clever little grubbles! lol
    but seriously, we are going with this one cos its supposed to do them from very young to toddler and with the pockets, means you slip an absorbent pad inside - this can make it quicker to wash/dry the nappies rather than as one big unit iykwim. ... well, that's according to the forums & i'm really just plagarising other people's opinions
    keep reading ladies - nappies are a minefield of information - one thing i've read a fair bit is that all in twos (AI2's) or snap in all in one's (AIO's) that have removable padding are just as good cos they come apart for easy drying, but can be boosted more. i've got a few pockets, but more AIO's and AI2's - they just seem (to me) to be easier (more like a sposie) more boostable (for big wetters etc) and some of the snap in AIO's are, if you have a minimal wetter, able to have the boosting replaced without replacing the cover (or you can dry the cover on an airer in 12-18 hours while the boosting takes longer - so i have one cover, two sets of boosting)

have just had the rather amusing, but equally painful, experience of getting mum to help me sort baby clothes by size and put them away - she's rather vague at times and even though i was saying i wanted 00 clothes handed to me (i was sitting on the floor) and 0's in the drawer she was working in, she kept stuffing it up. i ended up getting the giggles - it was either that, or get really frustrated with her! she's been a huge help though. we've also realised that mum went a little nuts buying socks for the Gremlin - she has soooo many cute teeny socks now! lol

tonight's job is to get my little lists that i've gathered from BB and the hospital about what i need to take - and get me MY list for hospital ready.

All this food talk is making me hungry!! That is one hard thing about being in here. Doesn't matter when you are hungry...breakfast is at 7am, lunch midday and dinner 5.30pm. Seeing as though I don't get to sleep til midnight at the earliest I am usually starving again late at night. I have a stash of food in the fridge but geez I would love to have a toaster and a microwave again. Oh and a freezer with some yummy icecream in it!!!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Hugs Bel
    xxx

Hi Everyone

MissMagpie - Great job on the ticker!! Not long to go and you will be 10 WEEKS!!! Unreal!!

Grub - Happy 7 weeks!! Its good to count down the weeks rather than the days isn't it!! It was great reading your message saying we were over the half way mark of the first trimester! So here's reminding you!! Woo Hooooo!!

21 - I hope you are feeling better. I know you have heard it all before, but doctors really are the worst patients. Its because you know too much. Look if you have gotten this far, I would try and relax and think about want you want, not what you dont want, as that can bring it to you... Think about all the good things you can do while preparing for your baby. Think about setting up the nursery and baby names and why dont you look into renting a home doppler to listen in on bubs heartbeat now and then...

Murph - I have almost everything major besides a highchair and a baby bath and a basinette. Leaving clothes and nappies until we know what the sex is. To prepare for this cycle of IVF I watched "The Secret" and it more or less tells you to think and act like it IS going to happen. It worked! Every other time i worried and prepared myself for the worst so i wouldnt be disappointed and what i thought about happened...BFN's... This time I expected a BFP and we got one!!

Nixon - Love the idea of the baby naming themselves!! Great idea on the cleaner. If not for you when you come home, for your worring if the toilet is clean when the visitors come in swarms!!

NicoleS - Must be getting nervous, putting the pram together, making it feel all the more real huh!! Nah i reckon you'll be around for the 1June. Just my estimate you might go over a few days...

KellyD - Bargain!!!! I only buy bargains. All my major purchases have been at amazing discounts. Too hard to walk past. I figure WE ARE going to have a baby...so grab those bargains when you see them!!

Bel - You should be like part of the furniture there by now. Why dont you ask where the nursing staff hide their toaster and microwave, so if you feel like a snack at all hours you can sneak into their kitchenette and make something!! I used to work in a hospital and did shift work and believe me, they live off toast and coffee all night to stay awake. And really, they wont mind at all, I promise!!

Big Hi to everyone else!!

We are travelling along ok. We are meant to go in for a scan tomorrow. The first viability scan that was booked in after our second beta test. But after having had one already when we had the scary episode, and with Kim's raging symptoms, I dont know if we should. Have been reading that too many scans can do more harm than good because of the heat it creates in tissue. Then again i have also been reading that you can still have pregnancy symptoms when there is a missed miscarriage because your HCG levels are still high and they disappear when they get lower and that could take a couple of weeks. So I am really keen to go in tomorrow and have another look at pipette, but worried we are over doing it with the scans. We had one when Kim had those bad ovary pains at 6w1d in the doctors office and then had the big one at the hospital the same night to make sure we didn't have an ectopic and we have another one booked at 12w5d for the NT scan!! What do you think?

two mums - i had a scan at 6w1d (which measured Gremlin at 5w3d) - so, given the concern that she was undersized, we had another around 8weeks to reassure us all was ok - i had the raging symptoms, but the reassurance was good for us. they changed EDD by a couple of days on that one - our next was, i think, the NT scan (but there may have been another in there - can't recall - seems sooooo long ago!). i think as long as you're not having scans daily, you should be fine. some of the women in the pg after miscarriage and loss threads have been on weekly scans just to monitor their pregnancies so i wouldn't think it would be at all harmful.

Thanks for the reassurance BG. Yes I think we'll go... Last time we had a scan at 5w5d due to spotting (subchorionic hematoma larger than the gestational sac) then a scan at 6w1d (baby was fine) and then a scan at 7 weeks (no hb). I know we'll be fine, but just want the reassurance we are over this 7 week mark...

Two Mums- I have had that many scans, I can't even count them with all I've been through. I've never been told there is a problem with having too many scans so I too would just go for the reassurance it offers you. As for using the microwave and toaster the nurses use..I'm not allowed to walk around at all. Am on bed rest but am allowed to go to the toilet and shower and my fridge in my room and back. Have never stepped outside the door of my room! I'd get yelled at and after 9 weeks in bed, I probably wouldn't make it anywhere!!

Have a good day all

Hugs Bel
    xx

Hi everyone

glad to hear you are doing well and things are progressing along

Bel- hello my friend...I have been wondering about how you are handling that whole bed rest thing, and how your body (babies aside) is handling it?

afm- am pill popping and start sniffing this week so i really hope i am on the way to joining you all again

barney Guest

TWOMUMS... thinking of you both and hopeing your scan is wonderful

possums good luk with this cycle hun

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast