Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #2 - 2009

Murph, GL with your pram shopping.. too many options!!

Not that I'll be much use but we have bought a Valco twin runabout. Side by side for both twins to be able to see the action and pneumatic tyres because we do a fair bit of walking that's not always on smooth footpaths.

With our DD, we started off with a pram with little wheels but you couldn't go anywhere that wasn't brand new footpaths or the shops because the pram would vibrate as it bumped and bounced along. The frame ended up warped and then we had to buy another pram with big wheels and pneumatic tyres. It was a bertini and it was about $230 and it was great. Shame it can't be used this time round - I think the twins might be a little squished in a single pram!!

Whatever you decide, I guess you need to think about what sort of activities you plan to do and your budget.

Miss Magpie, the first 12 weeks are draining. For most people, the 2nd trimester brings back your old energy so the light at the end of the tired tunnel is in sight! Bring on next week, will be an exciting one for you.

BG and Nicole - you girls are next! How exciting.
    BG, Hope your pelvis pain has settled down.
    Nicole, it makes it all so much more real when there's actually washed clothes and wraps and stuff in the drawers for your little one. 30 days and counting!

AFM, still cruising along. Ob has started on fortnightly appts and I have an U/S next week to check on babies for growth - make sure they're playing nicely and sharing the nutrients! DD felt the babies kick the other night for the first time so that was pretty special.

Take care girls

just a quick one as i really should be sleeping... home from work early and dead tired.....

but.. NIXON!!!!!!!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOU. I love, love, love the name you've selected and looking forward to hearing how it all went. Congratulaitions mum! ox

kaydee, oooh, i can't wait til my dh gets that experience. i feel sorry for the blokes in that they must feel left out sometimes. and make sure you tell thoses babies to behave!

oh miss magpie, maybe it's like they say, as if a switch goes off at 12 wks.... hang in there lady! and please let us know when you start ot feel better... i'm watching very closely... still a whole month for me ... bugger.

hi twomums aka call me a bargain hunter!what a deal. we haven't bought anything... yet... but have decided to hire a baby capsule for 6 mths. i can get one fitted n all for $88 and then give the thing back. then we'll buy a car seat that can do up to 4 yrs or so.

hi buliej; BG; possums; dusty; murph; mel; smithy; nicole s

afm: went to the baby shop at the weekend and priced a heap of gear. been doing our research on exactly what we want/need and prices. we didn't buy anything (still scared to) but it was fun to look and it's the kind of thing dh is good with... assessing, analysing, comparing.
    other than that boobs are sore, eyes are tired, head is aching, stomach is rumbling and body is fatigued.... oh i must be utd. yay. feel like rubbish. look like i've popped but i know it's just farties waiting to enter the world and no a baby. lol.

oxox

Just a quick one, I've been very disciplined today and stayed off line mostly while I work on my yankee prisons essay (due tomorrow).

TwoMums, you can do my shopping! What a steal, you must have been stoked. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on some of these options when I get to the big shops next and then I might still buy online if it's cheaper.

Okay, well my little ray of sunshine is for you MissMagpie (by the way, how did you get so pregnant..you're catching me my sickness magically turned a corner this week. I have gone huge stretches through the day without all those hunger tugs and crazy midnight fridge dashes. I tell you those mornings of making a meal at 2.00am could not continue! I get hungry if I push it, which of course, I'm back to my old habit of doing, but I'm functioning well, sleeping well and not tired through the day. Like they say, the magical 12 weeks turning point (for some). Hope it's that way for you too. Can't wait for you to have your scan, it's amazing. Mine is all legs!

Oh and I wouldn't be worried that you haven't scoped out prams yet Tania, I haven't scoped out anything about the birth and you're all booked ready to go. Oops, I'd better do something about that, particularly as I think I will have to have a c-section too.

Thanks for the pram advice Kaydee, glad to hear things are going well for you and congrats to DH on his first kick. I think mine will wet himself, he's a changed man, so damn excited!

P.S to save me from saying it all the time, I am going to write in my signature block "Grub, you are a complete dag!!!"

Smile

HI ladies,
    Just want to jump in and say Hello.
    Its great to see some familiar names here. Thanks Miss Magpie for showing me the way hehe.
    I have been spending my time in the twin tread get a couple of answers.
    Its great hearing everyones stories, alot of them sound familiar.

Quick update for you's about me - I am 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant carrying identical twin, They are shearing the same placenta and amniotic sac. have my OB appointment tomorrow can wait to hear there heart beats. I have been feeling pretty good just really tired and hungry, I now have the cold to mix things up a little bit my nose if red raw ouch.

Miss Magpie how did your OB appointment go Last Monday?

Can't wait to follow everyones journey

Good morning everyone,

Nixon .... congratulations and what a beatuiful name!

Grub - you make me laugh! I to went to the baby shop mainly to look at the double prams - oh my go it was so exciting!!!!! One thing i really noticed with the double ones though they are soooo heavy - i found one we liked and it was easy to fold and light to lift and it was the city mini by baby jogger - it's great i love it!

Kaydee gl for your scan - I have another Fri week which ewill be two weeks after my first and i'm counting down the days!

MissMag - i feel you about the tiredness - it's insane i can sleep 10-12 hours then still feel tired or i will be exhausted when i go to bed then i can't sleep grrrrrr!!!

Azzrenae - how many scans have you had? I had my first at 7w - found out identical twins not sure if they are sharing a sac yet so repeat in 2 weeks at 9weeks i can't wait for the next scan - i have been feeling very nervous and unsure - i suppose thats normal. I have also been having sharp pains particularily on the left side they don't last long but come and go i'm assuming it's stretching pain?

Hello to everyone - BG hope your feeling ok - gosh it's getting close! Twomums, murph and all the other lovely ladies - hello.

AFM - i am getting MS at night - last night i was dry wretching about an hour after dinner - i feel ok during the day but at night different story - i have decided to eat a larger luch and lots of vegies then for dinner i can have something more simple like toast! I feel huge already very bloated - people at work have even noticed and have asked me!!!

Hope evryone has a lovely day

xxBella

Hi girls

Bella - hope your Ms settles soon

Azzrenae - Welcome! Hope your cold gets better soon.

Murph - I hoep you got your essay done! i am studying too at the mo, and finding it hard to concentrate. Whislt writing an essay, I quickly google something about babies and get distracted for hours!

Grub - You sure are UTD! Good luck with all the pricing. I'm currently in research mode for prams and closh VS disposable nappies!

Tania - Good luck for the 12 weeks scan, you will love seeing your little munchking squirming around.

hi Kaydee, Twomums, Nixon, BG and anyone I have missed, sorry have to be quick as I am at work

AFM: My hubby still overseas, hopefully back at the end of this week, but I sure miss him and I have popped out so I feel bad that he is missing these things. Also, I THINK I felt the baby move last night!!!!!! It was like a bubbles popping in a sequence, like effervescence IYKWIM? Tickly even. Haven't felt it since though, so may have imagined it? I cannot wait for my 19 week U/S in 2 weeks and to find out whether pink or blue.

to everyone

Hi all

Nic - congratulations!!! How wonderful. I'm so excited for you, and I agree with everyone else - Asher is such a pretty name. can't wait to hear more.

Bella, I found the twin prams too heavy too. I've had some pretty serious spinal surgery and consequently really can't lift anything, so was really struggling to find a suitable pram. But then I found the First Wheels City Twin, and couldn't be happier. It's really light, folds easily, and I can actually get it off the ground and into the back of the car. It has bassinettes as well as forward and rear facing options, and an adjustable height handle (my DH is 6"4 and I'm only 5"5!). In the baby stores it's over $1200, but I bought mine online and got the entire thing including 2 bassinettes and delivery for $680. But I also liked the City Mini, so you're onto a good thing there.

Twomums - bargain! Are you serious? Holy crap. that's seriously impressive shopping

Azzrenae - welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here I'm having twins too, but they're not identical. How are you feeling?

Hi everyone else - am running off to my ob appt now - hopefully I'll get another sneak peek at the beans !

Jenx

Good afternoon girls,

Murph - your a dag!!! Your message put a BIG smile on my face, thank-you Ive actually adjusted my due date because after my 6wk scan as I wasnt as far into my pregnancy as I thought so I adjusted it from 20 Nov to 23 Nov. I hope I start feeling better after this week! Hope your travelling well.

Azzrenae - GREAT to see you in here My OB appointment last week was a bit rushed. Ive now decided to change to another OB who is closer to my work which works out more convenient for appointments every month. I was able to see the bubs again and he/she is now LOOKING like a baby! I have my 12 wk scan next Wednesday and see my new OB next Tuesday so looking forward to that. I hope your OB appointment went well today and you got to see your little ones again. Hope your feeling better soon.

Jen - hope all went well at your appointment this arvo and you got to see your beans!

Neptune - how EXCITING that you felt movement last night!!!! What a pity DH is away. The end of the week will be here before you know it and he'll be back

Bella - sorry to hear about your MS. Its not very pleasant. I too am very bloated and look pregnant already! Im so worried about all the weight gain. I may go back to the gym after next week! Take care.

Grub - your funny! I know the "farties" feeling. My DP is not happy that I save them all up for him when I get home, lol Its a bit hard to "relieve" myself at work, hehe Glad your shopping list is coming along. I too dont want to risk going shopping too early so am holding off. I told DP when we go grocery shopping this weekend, we may buy a small purchase

to Twomums, Kelly, BG, Kaydee and everyone else.

AFM, not much going on. Have been very busy at work so get home and am exhausted. Am hoping things improve after next week

Have a good evening all.

Take care,

Tania

Hi girls,
    Wow, two lots of identical twins in the same week! Welcome to the thread azzrenae and huge congrats to you

Neptune, I'm allowed out to play now. I submitted my rather substandard essay today - would have been so much easier if it was about prams! Congrats on your bubbly tummy. that seems to be how it is often described, you'll know soon enough and your DH will be there to share.

JenC, you got yourself a bit of a bargain with your pram too. I guess it's hard to keep costs down when you are buying for two, but you saved stacks. I'd be very happy with that.

Hello everyone out there. Hope you are all feeling well today.

Oh, I'm a bit tired and I forgot to say Miss Magpie, that your dates might change again at your next scan. Mine at my nuchal scan, got put forward again to the original date I had always thought, so I am in fact measuring 13 weeks and 3 days, but to avoid confusion, I'm sticking with the ticker. My due date has always been Nov 8 but the ticker didn't like it. Anyway, a few days won't matter much down the track.

Beddy byes now

Smile

Good afternoon ladies,

Thanks for the welcomes

Bella I had only 1 scan at 7 weeks and I have my next scan next friday I think I will be 13 weeks by then so hopefully a little membrane will show up. I saw my OB yesterday she said that it might of been to early to see it but if it isn't there then its going to be alot trickier. We will have to wait and see. I get that same stretching pain but it happens on both sides.

Neptune it would be great to see your hubby again and whaoo little bubbles thats awesome.

Jenc77 Im feeling ok had a bad day yesterday feeling a bit sickie but not enough for anything to come up more dry reaching then anything and a really bad headache luckly my husband had the day off to look after our daughter for me while I rested.

Missmagpie Thanks a bummer your OB rushed it are you going private or public? Can't wait to hear about your scan next Wednesday I have mine next Friday, how are you feeling?

I also had a look around for some twin prams and saw a valco twin pram it was quite short but easy to put down with 1 hand and it could fit door ways quite easierly but it was so expensive. Come to think of it all the twin prams I looked at was expensive nothing under $500.

I hope everyone is resting and sleeping well x

hi girls, just a quick one. we are going away for a few days so i'll be MIA.
    either have major bloating or have popped. DH reckons pop, i say bloat but whatever it is i now look UTD and have had people making comments!!! only 9wks on monday!
    going to see my paretns who are flying from cairns, so excited.

oxoxox

will catch up with you all later next week. all of you are under orders to look after yourselves.

Good afternoon girls,

Grub - hope you have a FABULOUS time with your parents. Enjoy

Azzrenae - Im feeling good thanks Just really tired. Work is taking alot out of me. Has been really busy so I am exhausted when I get home. Im going private. The same hospital in fact that my DP was born at! Hope your well.

to everyone else.

Take care,

Tania

Girls - I'm afraid this is an 'all about me' post. About 2 hours ago, I had a massive massive fall on the street. I fell face first down an inclined footpath. Very very scary. I'm still shaking. My blood is running cold.

I called my ob clinic and was put through to the midwife, who told me to calm down, not stress, and that I would have had to do some serious injury to myself for anything to happen to the babies because they're so well protected by the amniotic sac, and said that if I got any pains or anything to call the hospital. So I waited an hour and then called because I have some really low down period-type pains going on. But they too said not to worry and only to stress if I bleed.

I suppose they know best, and I haven't had any bleeding, thank goodness, but it is bloody frightening. It's so strange isn't it - that what seems totally unconcerning and run of the mill to someone else is the thing I am most anxious about.

Anyhow, I'm sure it's all fine. But I'm off to get a sweet cuppa and put my feet up, and hope that no bleeding starts.

hope you're all well.

jenx

hi ladies hope all is well

Jen - oh u poor thing! i would have been exactly the same! all should be fine!

im so glad we have sooo many ladies in here now its so exciting!

AFM - starting to get movements daily but still not very constant but have been getting kicks everyday mostly when im still and at night. still havent popped yet my top half of my abdomen is very hard and pokes out i think maybe bubs is stretched out as far as possible and will soon grow outwards as i feel sooo full soooo quickly now and its quite uncomfortable! have my scan on the 18th! im sooooo scared!!!!

Jen, hope you're ok!

Finally I feel like talking. I don't really know what I will say though as I have a million things going through my mind and I can't even type. I think I will start with a warning, as that;s the biggest point I want to get across. It's about the nuchal scan, some of talked about it and what we would do if our results came back positive for Down or high risk and I guess when not actually faced with the reality, you say things that you think you will feel, but when faced with it, you react in ways you never thought you would.

I'm talking in circles, welcome to my head space! I think lots of us just think of having those lovely scans done, as there is no other scan done at that stage generally and we just want to look at the baby no matter what. My recommendation is, if you really don't' think you would want to do anything to change the outcome, honestly, don't mess with nuchal scans. they can do your head in. After being told everything looked great on screen, my actual report put in in high risk 1:88. I took it with a grain of salt, especially because at the same time the FS told me the nuchal fold was a perfect measurement of 1mm, no abnormality, but then the stats say different.

My hubby is a stats man and wants to know how these figures are derived. we really had talked about never terminating for down Syn, and wouldn't have amnio, but then I saw my g.p who told me most women terminate now as there are so many problems. so I left her office and cried ALOT and now am going to see a genetic counsellor, and I'm more open to amnio. My advice is, please, don't put yourself through it if you don't want to cahnge the outcome, because when you are faced with it, you just don't know what you will do. It's all just theory until it happens.

Anyway, sorry, I'm a bit highly strung and it's the worst time for hubby to be away, soooo just needed a hug today.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast