thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Dec 2007

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jun 2007
    Blue Mountains
    143

    Satya - shame about not getting the amnio done but good news on seeing bubba via scan again...i'd go have a scan every day if they let us hey!

    Marcellus - sorry to hear about your back pain mate, i must have missed reading about it in an earlier post, sounds yuck. Is DH being recruited for regular back massages?? I am finding a warm bath wonderful for all the aches and pains, though, mine are more butt and feet pains as opposed to back. Have fun at the antenatal class...come back and tell me all about it. We haven't taken up the opportunity cause i'm the kind of person who takes on others nerves/anxiety and stress (i know, you'd think a psychologist would know better!) anyway, i figured i'd probably be worse off emotionally by attending classes! For some reason, in this forum situation though, the opposite seems to happen for me, and thankfully i'm much calmer about things!

    Ltl P - the cook up sounds great, i'd probably be dropping in myself if i was in your area, lol! Unfortunately, or fortunately, which ever way one looks at it, i won't have the smothering of family as mine are interstate and DH's have little ones of their own and an hours car drive so dropping in is not an option!

    Nic - yuck on the coldsore for you, they are haunting aren't they, if its not hormones it's stress and no doubt being pregnant you've got both on your side! Good luck in erradicating it and feeling great about yourself again

    Well all's good from my end. Am eating like a trooper though, was being really healthy until probably this week.The last few days have consisted of pancakes, icecream, iceblocks, chips and all sorts of chocolate which i know is not good for bubba at this stage. I know it's not cravings too which makes it worse! Anyway, did do big shop of fruit and veg this afternoon so hopefully that will help!

    See ya guys....Sazz, hope alls good!! Given yesterday's post maybe DTD has helped!

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    Cook those babies good KTgirl! Glad to hear they're coming along so well.

    Thanks Kimbe - not sure whether I mentioned the back before actually... Anyway, our bath is too small to be of any use for easing back pain. In NZ everyone had huge baths and no guilt about filling them - how wonderful!

    There are actually 2 classes at Mercy (placenta brain here got all befuddled and thought the phiso one they sent forms out for was 'the' class, when it turns out the regular class was afterward and i'm enrolled in both....), so didn't get home till 10. Anyway, you may be right to stay away (though I'm sure every class is different). The physio one was good, think there'll be lots of good advice there and the teacher was very positive. The woman taking the other class was nice, always telling jokes, but really emphasised the pain... And there were clearly at least a few people in the class who are quite afraid of childbirth. I doubt anything about last night has reassured them, apart from the promise of week 3's class on pain relief. I'm soooooo glad we did the birthskills workshop - it was so positive and affirming in comparison. I know we've only done one week, so should reserve judgement, but that's how we feel right now. One good thing with this class that I can see is that it will give us a much better idea about what to expect with this particular hospital.

    Take care everyone

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Dec 2006
    Melb
    312

    kimbe, I too have prefered to eat the naughty foods instead of meat, veggies and fruits.....not sure why... as I was never big on junk food... I have always enjoyed eating healthy.....

    Ktgirl, its never too early to get started on the nursery, its best to be prepared and have it all done in time, rather than rush things, plus there is always a 6-12 week weight on a lot of things. Plus, you are carrying twins, things will get a lot harder for you than the average out there?..goodness If I am finding thing hard with one, I can only imagine what its like carrying twins?.I am assuming you will be on bed rest starting week 34?.

    Satya, glad you got a free scan, more photos to the album is great. Good luck next week, what day is it?

    Marcellus, the best thing about the classes was how DH felt, he got heaps out of it?.us women do a lot of reading, on the net, chatting with you lovely ladies? so we get more info, but the men rely on us to share our knowledge with them and these classes really help set in concrete what we have researched so far.
    I too got a lot out of them especially on breast feeding.
    Enjoy the rest of them.

Similar Threads

  1. In Memory of Angel Babies
    By BellyBelly in forum Your Stories of Loss
    : 69
    : January 11th, 2013, 10:39 PM
  2. Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Nov 2007
    By sushee in forum Pregnancy And Parenting After Long Term TTC
    : 150
    : December 13th, 2007, 01:51 PM
  3. Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Sept/Oct 2007
    By sushee in forum Pregnancy And Parenting After Long Term TTC
    : 148
    : November 1st, 2007, 06:41 PM
  4. MCHN (Maternal & Child Health Nurse) check-ups
    By BellyBelly in forum Baby & Toddler Information
    : 2
    : October 25th, 2006, 01:56 PM