Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Jan 2008

Smile

Yeay Little Panda, big congrats on your little man and give yourself a medal for 50hours.......holy cow and im sure everything will work out with his poor little foot, you definitely sound like a mum in love, im so looking forward to that feeling.

Kimbe - have you tried raspberry leaf tea (i think), I was reading a thread in here about it some say it works well, but who knows!!

Lenny - lol I cant think of anything worse than curry or dtd and thats now, I think if dh even looks at me at 39 weeks, i'll have to slap him

Well i have my glucose test tomorrow at the hospital and my next appointment, finally. I feel massive but actually havent put on that much weight in the last month. And bubs is so low, my belly is actually jutting out from my button downwards, but i do like looking at it moving, dh still hasnt felt her but he at least now believes me when she moves

Also getting paranoid about her coming early, i am really getting over being pregnant, but I really need to keep working till end of April. So I just know I will be early, tis murphy law and I still have no cot, couldnt find one I liked and just got frustrated with it all, so im still looking if you have any suggestions that would be awesome.

You all sound good, hope your all going well

Ltl Panda - Congratulations on the birth of your little boy, name?
    What a tremendous effort from you, hope you are getting settled in & hopefully his little feet can be as good as new in time.
    Looking forward to hearing more in the parenting thread.

Kimbe - sounds like its not too far away now!!!

Jo - 28
    Dh - 34

Well done Lttl Panda. 50 hours you are a legend and no drugs. Can't wait to hear his name.
    I'm sure his little foot will be ok hun. I'm pretty sure its the same thing that Sage has except we've been told the medical name for it I think. Just want to let you know that we don't need to go back to physio until Sage is walking just to check everything is fine.Maybe the physio will do the trick for your little man too and maybe he won't need the surgery. Even if he does need it there is so much that can be done these days.
    Take care and look after yourself

Lismith I just want to let you know that we have the King Parrott "Alice" cot. I love it. Its made by Boori but is a lot more affordable. I'm pretty sure we paid around $290 for it at Babies Galore.

Kimbe Wow you've only got a week to your EDD. I am looking forward to seeing a B/A from you and then chatting away in the parenting thread

Hi to you all. Hope you are all ok.

Lenny & Lis LOL - Had spicy butter chicken the other night which was yumo and amazingly, DTD actually isn't a turn off...i know, very weird for this stage in the game, but while the hormones are working for me hehehe. I just wonder what it is that allegedly helps. If it's the semen then thats ok, but if it's the little spermies then DH and I are out of luck, given his require scientists with needles to extract them!

Ltl P, hope to hear you're little boys name soon, it's funny, but the name will just give him a little personality to go with the kitten imagery you've already given. Hope things are continuing to go well feeding etc.

Am feeling good, as it sounds like most of you are too.

traceylee Guest

Dont know what DTD is but I now know Curry. I never ever ate it until the past month. I remember my mum making curried sausages when I was little and used to heave at the smell of it in the house.

NOW, I cant get enough of Curry. In particular Curried prawns and rice. Buckets of it. Its my current food of choice where ever & whenever. I make heaps of it and eat it for days mmmmmmm. Im not sure if its a craving cos its not an "on demand" thing. I just love it at the moment. Is it a craving only if its "on demand".

Hope everyone is well, healthy and enjoying the stage they're in.

TraceyLee

Ltl Panda, Huge Congratulations on the birth of your little man.

hi ladies, returned from our trip last night, and then DD was up and down half the night feeling unwell poor thing.
    Visit to OB went well, Lenny, luckily our OB is only a few minutes, if that, behind, or it could be that we just turn up a little too close to appointment time LOL. Anwyay, he said all is well with the u/s, did my B/P and he said it is on the higher end of the normal scale, but he isn't too worried about it yet. Said he will just monitor it, as it will only go up, and we will deal with whatever happens when it gets closer to the end. Gave me the bottle for my glucose test, so have to drive 75 klms to get that done, told me to ring and book it in before we plan to do it. Sent me for a blood test as well, saying it will be a baseline for any future tests if I need them.
    Confirmed delivery date as June 30 and also confirmed it's a boy, telling DH "Yeah, it's definately a boy", with this big grin on his face. Poor DH walked out all confused as to why the OB was smiling at him. DH thinks our OB looks like Harry Potter PMSL.

We went to BIG W and put a change table on layby, it's the infa axcess one with the bath underneath, there were none on display, so I was a little hesitant, but DH picked up the box and just walked off to layby with it lol, he wanted it right or wrong! Who was I to argue.

Also got a nappy bag, that DH is extremely happy with! DD bought a little outfit from Target, and walked around the shop holding onto it, then proudly showed my mum and told her that she had been practicing holding the baby, but it would probably be wriggling a lot more. So she is very happy with her purchase and probably feels even more 'adult' like now she has bought something.

lismith, can't help out much with the cot, we are using the one from DD, think the brand name was Mali, but i remember I got it on sale for about $300.

Big hi to everyone else, going to check out the rest of the forums quickly before I go and pick up some food to make sweet and sour chicken for dinner.

Nic

YYUUUUmmm Butter Chicken, i could have that right now....I may have to have that for tea tonight which will make dh very happy.

TL- dtd is the abbreviated rumpy-pumpy, it took me a year to work out what people were talking about !!!

Nic - congrats on your little man - I was thinking this was going to be a girly year but obviously not!!!

Had my glucose test yesterday, so I just wait....my diet was pretty crap yesterday and I had hardly any water so am pre-empting a bad result. Didnt realise how much I have to drink, midwife said 16 glasses 16glasses!!! i'll never be off the toilet.. but I will try harder. At least im now on fortnightly appointments...that means its definitely getting closer.

Had a decision made for me re the cot.....the only baby shop within a 200k radius is in mackay and has flood damage so is shut...so looks like im going to big w, to get whatever they have, even target country has nothing to help me....sometimes I hate living in a small town

Belly rubs chickies

I noticed that comments about curry. I've found that I can eat Indian food without any risk of hearburn yet some of the most plain food I eat gives it to me really badly - go figure.

I just got back from my scan. I was told everything is looking absolutely perfect which was very good news after having had the worries of the bad 12w scan, the worry of the amnio and then being told that he may end up with slow growth (cos of the abnormal scan). He's actually measuring at 22w5d so he's 5 days ahead of schedule growthwise. Completely unexpected as I haven't put any weight on myself so I thought he might be a little on the small side, but he's not. Got a couple more 3D pics and again it looks like he has his daddies nose (runs in his family and his daughter has it too).

Smile

Nic - DH sounds really into the shopping which is lovely. My DH has come with me for purchases but has just agreed with anything i've suggested rather than taking any 'lead' role in decision making.

Lis - I didn't realise Airlie Beach was so isolated! Try not to stress about the cot just yet, whatever you get will be great and if sold in one of the stores it will cover Australian Safety Standards which is the main thing right?! I was in 2 worlds about car seats, we then bought one but it was on layby and the more i thought about it the more i hated it, questioning if it was the right one. Now it's home and in the car i look at it and know that it is everything bub needs to travel safely which is the main thing.

Satya - i get you on the heartburn, mine is really irregular i just can't pick it. I'm not into curries as such but had spicy pepper bolognese last night with no effect, however i'll get it after a simple steak and chips. How frustrating is it. I have found Rennie tab's (just 1) really help when it gets bad.

Well, yesterday was full of old wives tales for me...other than the spicy dinner, i drank a few raspberry leaf teas, fumigated the house with clary sage oil and to top it off, DTD. At this stage, they don't appear to have been effective - i've had an increase in braxton hicks and some mild irregular cramping this morning but that's probably simple indigestion LOL

Have a nice day everyone

Nic -yay on the boy! I'm glad your ob isn't like mine in terms of time keeping - I have now taken to ringing before hand to see how late he is running - then adding 15mins to that! Yesterday we waited an hour - and that was after turning up 20mins after the appt time anyway!

TL - hehehe, for most of the population DTD is what got them pg in the first place. But, then there are some of us who missed that fun bit and went for the 'doctor-assisted' preganancy!

Kimbe - keep on with the positive thinking, and well done on teas and DTD! Don't tell my DH - he's suffering through the drought!

Well, it appears poor little bugsy's not having much fun at the moment. I have low amniotic fluid levels (6). 5 is considered too low apparently, so still borderline. He has not grown much in the last 4 weeks, although the blood flow through the cord is perfectly fine for now. Low fluid can mean added pressure on the cord, or that he accidently damages the cord himself, as there isn't much cushioning. It's nothing i've done wrong (thankfully). Another scan next week to check progress. I got told to rest - hmmm, what's that? I'm not good at that! Down to 3 days work a week - but i seem to be even more busy when i am at home!

Hope everyone else is keeping well!
    Jo

Jo, hope your little man keeps growing strong. How much longer do you have at work? OMG at your OB running an hour late! How frustrating that would be.

lis, would you be able to order a cot from another town like Rockhampton or Townsville? If freight wasn't too expensive. I did see a cot in the Big W catalogue, think the sale ended on Wednesday though.

satya, so good to hear that all is going well with your bubba

nic

Thank you girls for all your wonderful words. His name is Anton
    Kimbe darling, I am so excited for you, it can just happen any day. All the blessings to you hun, hope it comes soon.
    Monnie, thank you for sharing Felix little toes with us, I think we are still very blessed that they are in general very healthy, something so little like this can put a damper on your emotions but when you think at the number of things that could have happened it?s a blessing that they are so healthy.
    Mako, I think its called Talipe or something like that. We have been referred to the Monash medical centre, next Thursday is our first visit. I too hope he will not require surgery, but whatever it takes we will have to do. How is Sage doing?
    Lismith, how was your glucose test? Did you do the full 2-3 hour one or the shorter one?
    Nic, congrats on the confirmation that you are having a boy?
    Lenny hun, I hope all is ok, are you feeling ok though?
    Well, everything is going good, my little man is letting mummy and daddy sleep during the night, just the odd feed here and there but his very good, I am very blessed. My stitches are causing me grief though, they really hurt. Other than the stitches, life is great, I just love my two men .
    Take care girls, talk soon.

traceylee Guest

Hi Girls,

Nic - Big Congrats on a little boy ! Me too.

Lenny/Lismith25 - thanks for the info on dtd hehehe. Had no idea what it was. I feel pretty grateful I didnt have to do the dtd to make our little man (giggle, giggle)!!

Satya - Loud and clear on the heartburn, reflux. So horrible. Even water gives it to me when Im trying to wash it down. Chocolate is pretty bad for me but luckily milk and milanta fix it in about half an hour. It started just of a night when I put my head on the pillow now its nearly every time I eat. Ewwwwwww. I too have heard Rennies are really good.

Kimbe - wow you are really trying hard to bring bubba into the world! You are so brave. I think I will hold off as long as I could. Im quite happy to go late but then again, ask me when Im just about to burst and had enough!! Hope all goes well for you guys.

Me - have been really depressed all week. I have so much to look forward to yet Im absolutely miserable. I dont know why and I cant pinpoint anything specific but I am in such a valley. Im not liking anyone around me at the moment. I have never felt like this before and I hope it doesnt last long. DH is really trying to be supportive but Im just guttered. I dont feel sorry for myself and no-one has upset me, I just feel really down. Hoping its just hormonal.

Tracey

traceylee Guest

LtlPanda,

How sweet, Anton. Sounds like a very romantic name to me! Happy you are doing ok and getting some sleep early on. An infra red lamp is good for stitches I hear but if the pain becomes close to unbearable, I would get it checked out.

All the best and rest up.

Tracey

Lenny Please do try and rest hun. I had very low amniotic fluid at 36.3 weeks and thats when it was decided that Sage needed to be out. My fluid level had dropped to 3.2cm at that stage and by the time he was delivered I had absolutely no fluid left. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, just wanting to let you know that bub will be ok. And its definatley got nothing to do with anything you may or may not have done during your pregnancy. Take care hun.

Ltl Panda I love the name you've chosen for you boy I can understand what you mean about these little "hiccups" can do to youe emotions. I remember the day Sage got the plaster on both his legs. I came home and cried and cried. I kept saying sorry to him and dh as I felt it was my fault that he was born like that. I just needed someone to say that it would all be ok(which deep down I did know, but needed to hear it iykwim). Anyway the physios can do wonderful things for these special little babies. Simple things like tickling the outside of his feet to stretch the short muscle on the inside of the foot. I wish you all the best for your appointment next week. Make sure you pop in to let me know how it goes.

Hi to you all.
    I must go as Sage is not a happy boy at the minute. Still having problems with his teeth Breaks our hearts when he wakes in soooo much pain and does his "blood curdling scream" Poor little fella.Its such a cruel world for them at times.

Ltl Panda - you sound so calm and peaceful, and i'm just so happy for you. Another lovely happy mummy from our little thread. I love it!

Thanks Mako - i thought that's why Sage went early too. I am still borderline, and no-one is too worried yet, but i do really hope he is doing OK in there. My ob is nice, and the sonographer is nice too, so i feel safe. DH is starting night shifts next week (he's gone from 4.30pm - 6.30am), so I hope nothing happens for the next week or so, as I feel kind of on my own when he is on nights. My sis is only an hour away, and i know i can call her if i need reassurance (or a lift to the hospital!)

TL - you aren't alone. I posted a thread in this section many months ago, as i could not escape from my fog. My spirits were lifted by all the kind words, and i realised that this process is very hard, and getting a BFP is not an instant cure for all the past heartache. Please be kind to yourself.

Kimbe/Marcellus - hope you guys are fine and still hanging in there!

kimbe - I hope something works for you soon. Have you tried drinking loads of pineapple juice? That's supposed to bring on contractions.

Lenny - Please take the advice of your doctor to rest seriously. Get help around the home and if you can stop work altogether - use your sick leave. I know a couple who lost their baby at exactly the term yours is now. One day he was there and the next he was just gone - it was just awful. Her husband and herself just wished she'd quit work earlier as they felt it may have given them a different result. She's pregnant again now (for the umpteenth time) and she stopped work at 30 weeks to try and get a good outcome this time. I think sometimes we don't listen to our doctors when really we should - they only have our best interests at heart.

Ltl Panda - congratulations on the birt of Anton (love the name) - he's bound to be handsome with a name like that.

TraceyLee - apparently ladies like us (LTTTC) are more prone to depsression during and after pregnancy so please keep an eye on how you are feeling.

I had a weird experience this morning. I copped my little doggies nose full on into my eye (my DstepD was trying to tuck her into the bed next to me) and I saw stars!!! It hurt really badly for a couple of minutes and the whole time my little man kicked away. As soon as the pain stopped, so did he.

My DF's grandmother knows someone who's just had to terminate their second pregnancy due to large amounts of fluid around the heart and major malformations that were only discovered at the 22w scan. She's 3 years younger than me, and it really brings back to me how very fortunate I am to have had such a normal looking scan at my age.

Lenny - rest up girl! Hope your little fella doesn't come before your DH is off night shift.

Tracey - Like Lenny said, be good to yourself. It can be really hard, but just make sure you're getting the support you need - glad to hear your DH is there 'with' you.

That's a really nice name Ltl panda . Sounds like things are going really well with the little guy. Hope your stitches heal up soon.

I am now on maternity leave - woo hoo. god, last week was awful, but it's all over (for 13 whole weeks anyway). Had my 'swab' on Friday. That was fun. Doc also did an internal. Is it normal at the end of pg to have lots of internals? On the one hand, i am a bit curious to see if anything's happening (though I really 'knew' nothing was), but on the other I feel that with all teh test etc over the past few years I don't really want to be probed any more than is strictly necessary. In any case, knowing doesn't make things happen any quicker, hey?

Take care everyone.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast