Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - Jan 2008

Hey chicks, thought I would write again.... today my back is killing me, lots of nerve pain in the Lumbur region, and have very strong period like pains in the lower abdomen.
    Monnie, glad to read that work is good for you and that its offered you some type of flexibility.... tell you what though, you must have a long journey if you only get home at 3:30, you probably live far or get some crazy traffic....anyways its better to be in your own peace than at work.
    Kimbe, great news hun... BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU, and yay for the additional scan, how exciting....
    Welcome to Katones, may you have a lovely and peaceful pregnancy, blessings to you and the little one.
    And Marcellus, wishfull thinking, I so hoped my little one to come at 38 weeks, I went as far as 1 hour if intense cardio each day that included cycling, running and skipping, and here I am one day before the due date still wishing for it to come at least one day early...But I do wish you all the luck in the world. Good on you for making nappies, well done....
    Sazz, so happy that Celeste is doing well, you sound so happy and in love....so cannot wait.
    Well girls, I hope that the next time i am on, its to announce the birth of my baby.
    Talk soon.

hmmm, pain... that must be a good sign Ltl Panda . Hope it all goes smoothly for you when your time comes. You're so right about the wishful thinking. I always figured I'd probably be late, not that I'd complain too much if I were early....but wow, how on earth did you manage all that exercise? I can't even manage a walk around the block without hobbling after about 5 minutes.

Sazz - the enormous cloth bum sounds really cute.

Ooh Ltl Panda, sounding promising there!

Just had to come in and brag about my bargain buy! Just ordered a copy of 'delivery by appointment' from QBD for 4 bucks! and 6 for postage lol. I thought it was a mistake, but it went through the checkout at that price.

Have been having some bad heartburn this week, and feel like MS is returning of a morning. Was asked to help out at the schools bookfair, setting up on Friday and selling books in the mornings next week. Said I would help out with setup, but not next week when I'm feeling all blurgh in the mornings. DD has been reminding me to breath big and deep, so very cute.

Nic

Lots going on in here to catch up on - i am having a sickie today as i am just exhausted and seem to feel like rubbish at night when i get home. So, a nice quiet day was on order. I don't feel bad - they pay me peanuts and i'm meant to be part-time already anyway. This might be the wake up they need.

Ltl Panda - good to hear you are both ok - but take things easy. I hope you are getting a chance to relax a little.

Sazz - oh the little cloth butt up in the air - very cute, but maybe not so comfie. Still, think of how you had to lie for the last few months!

Kimbe - congrats on the engagement. Not long to go now - aren't we all funny wanting to go as soon as possible! I don't want to wait much longer than the EDD - and i am paranoid now that he'll be an April Fool's arrival.

Marcellus - you are good making the nappies - I am buying mine - but DH is still really not happy about the MCN decision.

Katones - congrats my dear. 1st cycle too!

Hope to see some more newbies in here soon, as we have got four mummies already, and at least four of us are graduating in the next 2 months! My heart still aches for my LTTTC friends who haven't got their BFPs yet.

Nic - i have a bargain too! I bought 2 gro-bags off ebay - second-hand, but only $40 for 2 so if bugsy doesn't like them, at least them i haven't spent an arm and a leg.

Went to Ante-Natal classes on Sunday - and both DH and i were very pleasantly surprised. It was really well done and we had a great group. Pity they are all due at least a month after me (except one girl who was due in 2 weeks time!). So, I'm not expecting anyone to be in at the same time as us. We saw a Placenta too - which was interesting, but DH was a bit grossed out.

I have another scan next week - my ob says that they always do an extra check at 37 weeks for those of us who had difficulties etc. He is a darling and DH and i both really like him. Pity he is always running late!

That was a long post - hope everyone else is well and happy

Jo

Lenny, hope your day at home was a nice relaxing one Yay on your bargain too, never thought of checking out ebay for them. Have been looking every now and then at the swaddleme's though. So much new stuff since DD was a bub, it's like being a first time parent all over again LOl

nic

traceylee Guest

Hi Ladies,

Thought I would jump in and say Hi as I havent for quite some time. I have been lurking occassionally but as always, difficult to find the time.

Happy to hear all of you are doing well at your different stages. Its wonderful to see you all moving through this journey with excitement & anticipation.

Take Care,

Tracey

Hi everyone,

Kimbe - congrats on your engagement. I wasn't sure what to refer to my partner as when I started to post on BB but went with DF as we are engaged, but we do live together as well, so maybe should be DP. It's all much of a muchness I reckon.

I became an aunty for the first time yesterday. My DF's sister gave birth to a girl by c section and we got to go visit them last night. Was a weird feeling to know that probably the next new born I hold will be my own. I'm getting little movements every day now - an industrial vaccuum cleaner was used near me at work today and it was incredibly loud and bubs promptly woke up and gave me a kick. Had my first experience of stress incontinence a couple of days ago - I had two powerful sneezes in a row and out it came with the second one... luckily was at home at the time. I now carry a spare pair of nickers in my handbag....just in case.

ooo Satya, I had a bad cough early in 2nd tri and same thing - not nice.

Nice to see you here again Tracey - hope you're doing well too.

Hope you enjoyed your day off Lenny - what a great idea. I've just spoken to work about bringing my maternity leave forward by a week - just not coping very well 'mentally', sure all know what I mean... Is your DH still worried about washing them?

oh wow, a placenta - what'd it look like? was it really huge?

And yes, new members please! any lurkers, please don't be shy... it can seem a bit daunting to join in amid lots of conversation, but the more the merrier! Especially with the new parenting after LTTTC thread just opened - we might lose our new mummies.

Nic - your DD is so sweet!

Take care everyone

Hey girls, I am in labour....contractions started at about 2:30 am waters broke then as well. will let you all know once back home....
    Feeling pretty good at the moment, contractions are pretty regular so I am hoping on a short one.

talk soon.

Oh YAY Ltl Panda will be thinking of you today Wow, you're gonna have your bubba in your arms soon!!

nic

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi ladies,

just wanted to let you know that after much consideration, BellyBelly now has a Parenting after LTTTC forum. We recognise the unique challenges of parenting after LTTTC - there is often more anxiety and it is also sometimes difficult to join a baby buddy group that has been together throughout their pg in Belly Buddies whereas you've mostly posted in here.

So for a place to chat once you've had bub, please join the Parenting After Long Term TTC forum. I'll be there too, so it doesn't matter how long ago it was that you had your baby, if you are still in LTTTCer at heart, and this in turn affects the way you parent, or you just want to chat, come join in. Pg ladies of this thread, please feel free to come say hello as well!

Oooo, Ltl Panda - I'll be thinking of you today, and can't wait to hear! Good luck girl!!

Marcellus - yes, DH is scared of washing nappies. I have assured him he only needs to put them in the nappy pail and i'll do the rest, but he's adamant. We'll see. I don't want to exclude him for all the little tasks, (after all, he can't b/f) so if i have to alternate between sposies and MCN's for a while, until he gets the hang of it, then so be it.

Nic - I don't like second hand things normally - but i think this time it was worth it. I like the idea of the Grobags 'cos they are 100% cotton. I think it's cool that you are getting to see all the exciting new things for parents and bubs since your DD was a baby. Some of the fun of being a first timer!

We still don't have the carseat/capsule thing sorted yet...

Talking

Yay Little Panda, Good Luck and im sending you all the vibes for a quick and as painfree as possible labour.

Im experiencing awful back pain at the moment, I have been taped up which is helpng me sleep, though I will be greatful when my body starts to get back to normal.....and in 3 months time I will be overdue omg!!!!

Belly rubs x

Yay! A little ltl panda coming along very soon! Will be thinking of you today and eagering awaiting news.

Your hubby seems a bit sqeamish Lenny . I'm sure he'll get the hang of it though. Won't be long and we'll all be knee-deep in baby poo...

That's great news Sushee...I'm so thrilled as I really do feel more at home with these guys than baby buddies...as I've spent so much time here!

Thank you for making the opportunity for us to continue to meet (so don't feel like I'm gatecrashing the pregnancy after LTTC threads!)

Ltl Panda...an even Ltl-er Panda is about to make an entrance. I am so excited for you!

Marcellus, Lenny, Kimbe, Nic, Satya, Lissmith, ktgirl, katones...I will continue to lurk in this thread and see how you are all going...I can't believe how close so of you are to having your little ones...can't wait to hear the news...I'll continue to lurk but can't wait to see you 'on the other side'.

Mako, Jo, Sazz...see you over there!

All the very best to you Ltl Panda. I'm so excited for you and look forward to seeing your b/a soon.

Hi to you all. Hope you are all ok.I'll bbl to catch up on personals as I'm in the middle of feeding Sage

Juust want to say a quick thankyou to those of you who sent their thoughts for my nan.I'm happy to say that she is back home now and isn't doing to bad

Hi everyone, it's been so long since I've been on so I have heaps to catch up on.

Firstly Ltl Panda - all the best for today hun, look forward to reading about your little bubba.

Mako - sounds like Sage is doing extremely well considering he was such a little fella when he was born & well done with the sleeps, that is fantastic.

Sazz - most babies I find have a horrible period around 3 weeks, I think it has something to do with that they are finally 'awake' & I think their tummies start playing up with digesting the milk & get lots of wind which can sometimes be really bad.

You're having 5-6 hours sleep a night that is really good, hopefully your little princess will continue this for you.

Well we have had 3 births in the family & 3 birthdays as well in the last 2 weeks so that may have something to do with the fact I haven't had time to be on BB.
    We have also had a break from the 38 degree heat so we've been making the most of it while we can.

So 2 weeks ago Jenna slept for 8 hours in a row for two nights, it was so exciting but then she hasn't done it since & is still getting up at least once sometimes twice a night but at least we know she can do it so we will just wait.

She is at such a cute stage atm with all the smiles & the occasional laugh, she is also just talking away all the time.

It's funny we couldn't wait for her to start mumbling away & now we realise it's never going to be quiet again in our house because I think she's going to take after her mother in the chatting department, lol!!!

Hello to Satya, Nic, Kimbe, Lenny, Marcellus & anyone else I have forgotton.

Wow Ltl P...i no doubt you are now holding bubba, congrat's and hope it all went as well as can be expected.

Have my mum visiting, and haven't really read the posts other than Ltl P going into labour a few days back.

Hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe how close we all are to becoming mum's woohoo!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast