Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - October, '05

Awww Tiff, they all look so fantastic and I am REALLY loving that belly - gorgeous!

Shazz, hope the pains subside. Im sure all is ok - just bubs reminding you who is the boss 8-[ . Id still get things checked - for your own piece of mind.

Sush, wondered how long it would take you to get yourself a doppler (mind you Im impressed you waited this long

Amy great pics of your little man - he sure is friendly, giving a great wave like that

Sal, doesnt seem that anyone is intending on going down the surprise gender path - Im sure when you have all waited as long as you have, finding out asap can help make it feel that much more real. Think Id get a doppler too, just based on what you have said about helping be more confident. Im guessing by this stage you are feeling a lot more preggers...?

Gorgeous Photos Tiff! Wow they are awesome, beautiful belly too.

Shazz - Hope you're feeling better. Whenever I get stretching type pains that take my breath away it makes me think about what labour must really be like!!

Keen - great to hear from you and to see you're right back on the rollercoaster.

Shell - LOL at the photo of your dogs - hilarious!

Just about my name showing on my scan photo - I don't care if you guys know my full name but should I remove it incase any weirdos out there are lurking??

Sal Guest

Aw Tiff, those photos are just gorgeous! Such a lovely effect - black'n'white with just the red santa caps. And your belly looks great, too! I've been hassled by a few friends to take a pic of my belly, but so far have been too scared (I don't think any part of my body is picture-worthy heheh). Your kids are very cute, too.

Amy, I wouldn't worry about your name being on the xray pic...I think you'd be might unlucky to have someone start net-stalking you or something like that.

Keen, yep I'd recommend a doppler (actually Shazz, it sounds like something you could consider doing - you are nearly far enough along to be able to pick up the heartbeat with a doppler) for reassurance purposes. Yes, I'm feeling pregnant now, I admit it! It's weird, I was never able to imagine what it would feel like to have a preggy belly grow, somehow I thought it would just get bigger but I wouldn't be so aware of it. At the moment it feels like I'm just letting it all hang out, and I can't suck in my tummy no matter how much I try. Plus, when I walk it feels like a heavy, dragging sensation low in my pelvis, quite odd and a little uncomfortable. I thought it would be held in more, somehow. Bub kicks quite a bit now, which is another weird feeling, but seriously I can see how, if you didn't know you were pg (and I have a friend who had that experience) that you would pass the kicks off as gas or some other bodily function. Keen, I'm so sorry about your last cycle - I really feel that your body must be hypersensitive to all the drugs, so now the docs will have figured out what is the best regime for you...I have everything crossed for next time, and I feel certain you are going to get your bub in 2006 for sure

Shazz, *huge hug* and I think we all of us in here have our own straight jacket to wear! I have had some low back-ache (akin to menstrual cramps) which has terrified me, plus some stabbing pains, too. And my bbs go from darker to lighter on a daily basis. I agree with the other girls, though - just for peace of mind, get yourself checked out to whatever extent will reassure you. I became a basket-case in the couple of weeks leading up to the NT scan, and then again a few weeks before the morph scan, because I didn't feel pg and so every twinge just seemed to confirm the disaster that was unfolding in my mind. Tiff is right, once you cannot take forgranted that you can conceive and carry a baby to term the pregnancy is different to the carefree ones that 'normal' women have. It is a shame and it's not fair, but we are extremely lucky to have got over the conception hurdle and I'm sure we're all going to have a bundle of baby to hold within a matter of months.

Gee, I really don't feel like studying today!

Shazz I hope that you get some answers soon. Tiff you are a great help in here. And the photos look GREAT!!!

Thanks girls,
    i feel like such a fruit cake this is my #3 pregnancy i was no where near this bad with the others god help i have a lonnng way to go yet .... ](*,)

well any way wish me luck i rang the U/s place where i know the girl who works there and she got me in at 9.45am this morning there weren't any appt till next week available so that's my minor yay for the day so now the worry begins and on the doppler subject :gossip: i have brought one and i am waiting for it to be delivered just a quick question when am i going to be able to hear the bub HB with it after 12 weeks i assume ...

Sal Guest

Shazz, that's great that you're having an u/s this morning. Good luck, am sure all will be fine. That should reassure you for a week or so 8-[ and then the doppler should be able to pick up the heart beat. I think it depends on how the bub is lying, what size you are etc etc as to when you can first hear the heartbeat. Knowing all is OK from this morning's u/s should get you through, I think you should be able to hear the heart beat around 13-14w ??

Thanks Sal,

i am just praying so hard that every thing is going to be alright i have another appt next wednesday with the IVF doctor and he always does a quick scan so thats good so i won't have long to wait till i can hear bub for myself well off i go to the scan now this is the closet i have felt like throwing up yet 8-[ and its just nerves

i'll be back hopefully with some good news

Great news Shazz - hope it goes well and you can breath a sigh of relief after your u/s.

Sal - Just wondered if you had come across Kushies cloth nappies at all? Know you did a bit of research into it so just thought I'd ask!!

tiggy Guest

Shazz, yay for th scan and yay for the doppler.

Like you with my first two pregnancies I just sailed through, once I hit the 12 week mark, I just thought, that's it, I will have my babies. After William though, I cannot trust my body in any way, shape or form, it's just part of the process and as Sal and all the other girls have said, you are not a fruitcake, you are so 'normal' for all of us girls here. We are going through much the same.

With the doppler, just a little midwifey hint, you will be able to hear the hb, especially, since this is your third...find the top of your pelvic brim, then place the doppler in the middle, just above the bony part, now angle it down towards you giny and don't be afraid to push quite hard (especially if you are like me and have wobbly bits - if they are more flappy than wobbly sorry if TMI, go underneath IYKWIM) Then just wait for a little while. If you don't get anything after 30 secs, instead of picking the doppler up and moving it elsewhere, just roll it around slowly, in the same place...baby will usually come out to play if you just give him/her a bit of time in the same place.

BTW Thanks girls re comment on preggie belly and my kids, I think they're pretty awsome myself! (well, not the belly, just the kids)!

Sal, so good to hear that you are felling pg now, yes that low dragging feeling is off putting, isn't it? I understand you not feeling like studying actually not feeling like doing anything. Hang in thereoh and be on the look out for a largish parcel, which I posted off this morning!

As for us, we are going to the babies heart scans this afternoon...much sleep has been lost this week and terrible memories of my sick little boy and his heart that could not help him to live. When we had genetics done, they gave us a 50% chance of having a little boy with the same heart defect but it also gives us the 50% chance of a healthy baby, so keep everything crossed for us, won't you?

Have a good day everyone, Tam, Keen, Amy, Sushee, Shell, thinking of you too

Tiff honey thinking of you all this afternoon and hope it goes great for you.

XXX

Tiff all the best for today, I will be thinking of you!!!

Shazz & Tiff good luck with ur tests today, hope they show healthy little bubba's... :-)

Tiff, awesome photos.

Amy, it is quite funny huh, i don't know how we got Barney (RHS, not yet 2, so still very immature) to sit still long enough, I think DH was holding their collars, then moved at the last minute while I snapped the shot. Well I think their cute (big but cute), although I'm biased. Seth (LHS) poor old girl, she'll be 8 next mth & piled the weight on after she was desexed 2yrs ago.

Well Ladies,
    i am back from the scan and feeling very happy and elated what they found was a very active bub with a HB of 170 bpm head to rump length of 4.68cm the bub was having a ball jumping around in there then got a bit tired a had a lie back relaxing then another burst of energy it was so good to see nothing she found would indicate why i would be getting the servere pain that i am ](*,) so i guess i will just keep up the relaxation and try to get on with growing this bub so i will hang up my white coat with the shiney buckles for the rest of the week 8-[ at least
    and try to ignore these pains ( heh hehe yeah right )

oh tiff i hope that your scan shows 2 healthy little vegemites big hugs to you and when you get to hang your white coat up too we can do the happy dance together

Excellent results Shazz

YAY Shazz

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Yay Shazz on the reassuring results!

Good luck Tiff for the heart scan today.

After having a quiet day yesterday (in which I decided to get a doppler) the little'un is back to it's active self. In fact, have felt it all morning!

Keen lol on you admiring my self restraint. It doesn't feel like restraint when I only had an u/s last Thurs! Lol!

love
    sushee

Sal Guest

Tiff, good luck this arvo, may the tests give fabulously reassuring results. Can't wait to hear how you go. Everything crossed that all is fine - will further tests be required at all? I'll look out for my parcel, too, thank you!!

Yay Shazz, see we all knew you had nothing to worry about, and Tiff's tips for the doppler mean that you can get reassurance every second of the day that you feel unsure (hehehe when I first got the doppler I was using it about 6 times a day, but gradually I have eased it back and now use it only every second day or so...I'll be sending mine back soon I think).

Amy, no I haven't heard of kushies, let me know what you find out about them, though! I spend a fortune (*gulp* money I didn't really have) on my first batch of clothies, now I realise that I overdid it a lot... Oh well, it's all a learning curve, huh. I'm thinking that baby beehinds might be the most economical option, seeing as they go from birth to toddler.

A little yay for me and DP - he got a job in Ballina! So he won't have to commute to the Gold Coast anymore, which is great, plus it means that we are more settled here.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Yay Sal on DP getting the job!

love
    sushee

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast