Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - September 2005

forgot to add that i am off to get a second BT this morning so i should have rsults by this afternoon hopefully

Shazz, sadly I had shocking headaches until about the teen weeks of my pregnancy. All I did was take the one panadol & rest when I could. Could you be dehydrated or something like that?

Shazz - Discharge sounds nasty, not sure if I can say anything helpful though. I had lots of funny things going on down there when I was on the pessaries (6 a day) - hope you get it sorted soon. Yay for the BT today, that'll help put your mind at rest I'm sure. Keep nice and rested and drinks heaps of water.

Jo - That's wonderful about hearing the HB's with the doppler, it must be just amazing hearing two!!

Sush - Bummer about the m/s, although it's a good thing too - you know what I mean. Hope it doesn't get worse for you. Mine didn't kick in until about 6 1/2 weeks and lasted about two weeks and that was bad enough!

Tiggy - Yay you felt the babies kick, that's great!

Hope everyone else is good - I have the start of a cold which I am so not happy about. I seem to pick up every bug going at the moment, my immune system must be low - I'm not the type to get sick often so this is doing my head in.

Take care all!!

tiggy Guest

Shazz,

Sorry to say that I had terrible hormone headaches up until about 14 weeks. Still get them occasionally. All you can do is go to bed and not move much. I did take Panadeine sometimes (it is safe for use in pg).

Good Luck for the BT!

Sal Guest

Yep, I got some killer headaches too. The good news is that they will go away. Good luck for BT results!

Hi all, what's everyone up to this weekend? For me and DP, we are heading down to Ballina to spend the weekend with my folks on their property, should be nice and relaxing. I need to give my dog (schnauzer) a wash and clip so that will be my exercise for the week! It is so expensive paying for a clip ($50 per go) that I bought some expensive clippers and do it myself. The results aren't professional, but hey she's not a show-dog!

tiggy Guest

Hi Sal,

I clipped my dog Nelson yesterday, boyu was that a marathon!!! How does your dog go having her feet and legs done? Nelson HATES it and so he is clipped except on the legs, looks very strange!

David's parents are coming up tonight for dinner and I think we have plans for garden work this weekend. David wants a BBQ for fathers day, so we will do that on the Sunday. Should be a productive weekend.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

TGIF, girls!

Shazz, if you used Crinone, you will get yucky discharge. It is horrible stuff and it will descend in huge horrible sometimes yellow, sometimes brownish globs. Its looks clotty and awful and scarey, but fortunately, it's usually only the Crinone.

Am hoping that that's all it is.

Jo, 2 heartbeats! OMG! I would love to get a doppler eventually, but thought that I'd have to wait until at least 16 weeks.

My bit of good news is that I got the fee schedule for my hospital, and the fees were a lot less than I thought it'd be. DH is happy and looks like the decision is made. I get to stay with my IVF doctor as my obgyn, which I'm stoked about! And the hospital is virtually 5 mins drive from home.

Tomorrow we're off to the Kalamunda Markets, and Sunday is lunch at my FIL's and dinner at my parent's for Father's Day. Hope the kids remembered to get something for their Dad and Karl, and that it'll be a good weekend all round!

love
    sushee

Sal Guest

That's good news re staying with the doc you trust, Sush!

Tiff, yes Saffie hates having her feet touched, much less clipped, so it is a struggle. Actually, as a schnauzer she is supposed to have her furnishings (leg fur) left intact, but living on my parent's property with red mud and lots of bindies and things means that I clip her legs too.

Ooh, sounds like weekend plans are shaping up. Am so glad spring has sprung. I've been told that being hugely pregnant in the summer months is the worst way to do things, but who am I to second guess when my miracle conception was going to occur?!?!

evening all
    hope you al have wonderful weekends

just a quick update

i got my BT results back HCG 2793 got to be happy with that it's going up so yay a little less neurotic for now at least \/

Blue Sky Guest

Hi all,
    Hope you're all doing well and enjoy your fathers day weekends!

I'm sorry to say I'm going to have to give up my pew in your lovely forum. I begged for a repeat bt today to give me peace of mind and it showed that the levels have dropped down to 236. Hehehe I think I scared the GP as I saw him during my denial/anger phase and kept at him for answers/explanations. Repeat test on Monday but the prognosis is not good.

Thanks so much for your advice and support. Please keep my pew warm for me. I wish you the happiest, healthiest, worry free pregnancies because by god you've deserved them!!

Much Love,
    blue
    xxxx

Blue, so sorry for the result, can understand the anger/denial. Be like that as long as you need.
    And big hugs for you when you need the comfort. We are here for you.

Take care

Blue, honey Im so very sorry to hear that - I have everything crossed for a miracle for you :hugs:

Blue ~ honey i am so sorry i can understand the anger and denial i am here if you ever need me big hugs to you

tiggy Guest

Blue,

I am so sorry to hear that. Hugs to you.

Blue - I'm so sorry.

Love,

Mel

Hello Girls!!

It seems like forever that I had a chance to post! And so much has happened for all of you! WOW!

I have actually sat down a few times over the past few weeks to post, but each time I do, something happens and I never get a chance. Mind you my work is not helping!

Shell - 8 weeks already! Your NT scan must be coming up pretty soon. I am amazed that you managed to ski, I am so jealous. We are mad skiers, and this year, for a great reason, we have to give it a miss, LOL! But, it has been a great season, so it is a shame. I have had a sore, loose pelvis eversince about 7 weeks, so even if I really wanted to I don't think I would have been able to ski this year. Oh, and loosing all resemblance of elegance in the last few weeks does not help!

Sal - 20 WEEKS!!!! OMG!! How time flies! And a little man as well! COngratulations, it is just so good to hear all things are progressing so well. How is your belly? I popped at about 22-23 weeks, sort of from not much of a tum, you know, just podgy kindof, to a huuuuge belly now! How are you feeling otherwise? How is the study?? And how is the hypnobirthing planning going? Have you made any progress?

Blue - I am so sorry to hear that your levels have dropped. It is the most disheartening thing, and I am not sure that anything I can say will make it any better. I am thinking of you, huge hugs to you.

Carrie - WOW! Congratulations on the birth of your little one! I am sure it is not the way you planned, but I am so glad to hear that she is a little fighter and all seems to be progressing well. Hope this is still the case. How are you going and recovering from the caesarian? Lots of hugs and congrats to you! (Although do you realise that by going so early, you have made me the next cab off the rank in this forum - blimey, how scary is that?!?!?)

Tiff - all is well at this end, thank you so much for asking after me. I have just been really busy at work, as usual, and finding it a bit exhausting. I come home and just collapse, and go to sleep so that I am strong enough to do it again the next day - and I am just counting the weeks to go (6!!!, till I go on leave). Thinking that if my pelvis gets worse, and my pubic symphysis splits, I might have to finish earlier. Even now I walk like a little (well, a 6'2'') geisha girl by the end of the day. Little tiny steps, I keep saying to myself! I am so glad all is going well with you and your little ones. I can't believe you are approaching half way too!! Have you found out what is cooking in there??? Will you find out?? Oh, and are you still working? I know how big my belly is, it must be harder carrying twins! Congratulations on feeling the little ones move, it took till 22+ weeks with us, and I was (and still am) so thrilled when he moves, I can imagine how exciting it must be for you!

Jo - well done on hearing two heartbeats on the doppler! And on feeling movement. Geez, that is early. As I said above, I did not get to feel Munchy till quite late - now he does not let up sometimes (not that I am complaining), and it is just the best feeling! How are things otherwise? How is Jack about getting two siblings at once?? Have you told him yet?

Hayseed - Hello!! Thank you for your PM. I have replied to you separately. I cannot believe Thomas is 2 months old already! He is a cute little man by the way! How are you going/coping with everything?

Shaz - welcome and congratulations if I have not said so before! I had bad headaches early on in pg, and even now I seem to get them from time to time, but not as bad. I think it is hormonally related, as it is too early for your blood pressure to play much of a role. I can only say, like many of the others - they do settle. As for the discharge - I had horrible discharge with the crinone gel when I did one of my fresh transfer cycles. It was yellow and goey, and just gross (sorry TMI), it was also blood stained at times. Perhaps your discharge is related to the crinone gel rather than an infection, fingers crossed. During this cycle/pg I had the progesterone pessaries until about 15 wks pg, and other than a bit of the pessary coming out, it was much better. I hope you get some answers soon.

Keen - hello matey! Long time no speak - hope all is well. I see you are about to start a FET cycle - yay! I have all my fingers and toes crossed for a fantastic outcome. I cannot wait to see you in this forum properly, IYKWIM!!

Melbo - how is it going with you and Apple!! Love the name - you don't hear of too many little ladies called Apple! But as your website says if it is good enough for Gwyneth..... When is your next scan??

NZGirl - wow, time flies with you too! 14wks already, geez I am missing chunks of all your pgcies - how is it going?? Are you keeping well?

TamB - Wow Tam, aaaaalmost halfway!!!! Hey, did you look to see what you were having?? Or have you not had THE scan yet? Wow, you are starting the antenatal classes early - I know we could have started about that time, but I decided I wanted to block out what is coming for a little longer, LOL!! Figured that I did not need to be seeing births before halfway.... We are into our fourth week of antenatal classes this week, and I think we get the birth suite tour this week - should be interesting! How is the nursery/car/logistics planning going??

Sushee - hello, seems like FOREVER since I have chatted to you! I am still so tickled pink when I see you posting here and your ticker going up each time!! So exciting!! I am sorry to hear that M/s has got you, but I had to smile, because like me you have the same attitude - enjoy every moment even the M/S!!!! I was saying to my hubby the other day, I have wanted a fat belly for so long, that I am going to love every twinge, sore hip, strain, haemorrhoid, sciatica, carpal tunnel if it kills me, LOL!! Watch this space for updates as D-day gets closer!! How are the kids about their little new sibling coming?? Bet they are excited!! Oh, and has it sunk in yet!!!!!!

Now, I have written (finally) a love story - I sincreely hope I have not missed anyone... My apologies and hugs if I have.

As for us - all is well so far. I have a huuuuge belly now - I will get some courage up and take a photo this week and post it on the web - will let you know when. Munchy moves and kicks, especially at night and especially if I lie in a position that he does not like. Boy, does he let me know - kick, kick, kick, punch till I move!! But I love it!

I am finding work quite hard going, just with the tiredness and stuff, and lately if I operate for too long, I am getting very fat swollen ankles and my feet hurt. I think that from time to time, I am also getting swollen wrists (?carpal tunnel) as my hands go numb which is very interesting when I am trying to take someones appendix out.... I have had to go up a glove size, which is got all my scrub nurses very confused...LOL.

Otherwise, I am in love with my fat belly, I cannot wait to do it again - yep how weird is that since I still have 12 weeks and the birth to go!! But, well, I am finding myself excited to think about going to the hospital to have Munchy, but sad at the same time that my punching bag belly will be gone!

I have still not started on the nursery (bad mummy...) well, we have moved bedrooms, so the nursery is now empty, but has not had anything done to it yet, so I keep thinking I better get a move on soon. I will post the before, progress and after photos to see what you think!! I have started to make a quilt for Munchy (also will post) and am doing a couple of pictures of pirates and clowns for his walll as a tapestry. Should keep me out of mischief for a little while I think.

Oh, and I think I am starting to nest - I MUST clean everything and well, I have recently decided that I am just too busy to go to work!!! Weird or what!!

Well, now you know all, I think I better stop writing, not sure whether I can post something this long anyway, and I hope to be around a little more soon.

Hugs to all, belly rubs to all, and miss chatting girls!!

Blimey girls I have just seen how long that post is - hope you don't get bored!! O :-s

Thanks for the warm welcomes Gabby,
    and thanks for your input on my woes it was much appreciated and i love reading long posts i must have the attention span of a flea i can't concentrate long enough to write for that long ....lol

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast