Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - September 2005

Ok Tiff, let me guess a pigeon pair, just to be different.

Mel, hope that m/s eases up. I don't think it makes much difference if you go private obgyn either, it's up to you. Only reason I went private is coz my health insur will kick in 2wks before my due date, so will be covered for delivery, otherwise I would've gone with my local public hospital aptmts.

Well 1st obgyn aptmt went absolutely fantastically excellent. He said everything is perfect & I can stop worrying, as spotting stopped Fri & 3rd u/s (he did a quick one) shows a perfectly normal fetus. So I have the same risk factors as someone without bleeding now, as I'm over 9wks, approx 93-95% chance of keeping bubby now. I'm just over the moon now. Tiff, I'm happy I stuck with Shumack now, as he was just so nice, along with his midwife Helen.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hello all,

sorry I've been MIA, but everything caught up with me all of a sudden on Thurs night and I've been sleeping almost all day everyday for the last three days.

The good news is that the ms isn't all day long now, the bad news is it gets baaaddddd in the evenings. Am hoping for a reprieve soon [-o< As much I am determined to love everything about this pg, mummy would love one night without gassiness and indigestion, little'un.

I went for a private obgyn because it turned out my FS is one. Despite being an advocate of the public system, he understands my neurosis and paranoia like no one else could. I guess at 35 and after so many failed attempts, I needed that reassurance. I think if he hadn't been an obgyn, I probably would have gone public in lieu of private, but with far more trepidation.

love
    sushee

PS DH has actually found a pram he wants. Does this mean he's actually accepting that there's a baby coming? I wonder....

tiggy Guest

Shell, So glad that you are happy, you deserve to have the very best of care.

Sushee, sorry that the m/s is so bad, had the same as you, fine in the morning (which was great for getting the kids off to school etc) but just rat poo by the afternoon and into the night. Still get that queasy feeling in the evenings...

Did you have a scan today?

Hi girls,

Sush - you have my sympathies, truly. I was almost in tears some days because I felt terrible and didn't have the energy to move. The state of the house was getting me down and the couch was my only friend. I wanted to feel happy too but it was very difficult under the circumstances. Hang in there because it just has to get better soon. I think work takes it out of you too ... the need to go in there and be "on" for people when all you feel like doing is sleeping or vomiting can take it right out of a person. Hope you feel better soon.

On the ob thing ... I think it really does get down to personal preference in the end. You've got to do what you feel is the right choice for you.

Okay I've bitten the bullet and I'm getting a pg belly on my av so stay tuned.

Humphrey - I hope that soon you shall lurk no longer.

Got to go and clean the kitchen floor while this spurt of energy lasts (thanks to Glucojel jelly beans).

Love,

Mel

Mel,

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. Yes, I'm finding work hard, despite most of my team being aware of my pg and the diffculties I had to get here (office gossip works fast) My boss has been really good with me, considering the issues I had with her with the time off I kept having for IVF. She's been good about me working at my own pace and makes sure I'm not over burdened with work. In spite of this, I am considering leaving to return to my substantive position where I only work a 9 day fortnight. It means a drop in pay, which in the long run will impact on the amount of time I get to have off work when bub comes, so am in two minds about it still.

Tiff, I haven't had a scan since I was 7 weeks (so jealous Shell!) and am not due for another until my NT scan at 12 weeks. I don't even see my obgyn again until after my 19 week scan. He tells me everything is textbook and that I shouldn't worry as nothing is likely to 'go wrong' from now until then. And if something does bother or concern me, I can make an earlier appt with him.

But honestly, it's all been boringly normal so far, so I can't complain. I have reassuring symptoms, the belly is definitely popping already, and I feel pg. So really, I don't even have an excuse to make an earlier appt with him....

Lol! Honestly, I'm so NOT complaining!

love
    sushee

Melbo & Sush, I can't beleive you guys are around 10wks already!!! Have you asked Kathryn for your preggie belly avatars yet?

Sarah,

got the girlish giggles thinking about my av with a pg belly, even though IRL I've got the startings of one already! Thanks for the reminder, coz I keep thinking 10 weeks is still miles away, not just a few days away!

In fact, had my first person ask me if I had a little secret I wanted to share. Of course, am not sure if that's from the office goss, but she reckons it was from the loose clothes and paunch. Charming!

I'll email Kathryn later this week, I guess. OMG that went fast!

love
    sushee

Sarah - yep, it's in train. Call me superstitious but I was putting it off until the very last minute. Apple seems like a stayer though so here I am, at almost 11 weeks, finally getting "the belly".

Sush - Yes it does seem like we are having the same experience at the moment. It's spooky! Have had similar thoughts about part time too ... just preparation for later on I guess! Hope that 12 week scan will be here sooner than you think ...

Oooh Melbo, I can see it there now How exciting!

Mel love the tummy!!

GRR,

this always happens at work! I can't see it!

love
    sushee

Even if you click "Refresh" Sushee?

Hold down ctrl & click refresh & you'll see it.

Ooh Shell, you'll need a belly soon too

Thnx Sarah, yep just put my order in, few days early tho.

Sushee, it's probably coz your machine is caching the internet pages (avatars) & it depends on how often it refreshes the cache, but clicking refresh overrides this, forces it to update.

tiggy Guest

Mel,
    Love the belly!

How u goin Tiff, when's ur u/s?

Thanks guys,

the CTRL Refresh worked! Just refreshing and deleting my internet files did nothing, let me tell you!

I love the belly too, Mel! Soooo cute. I will email Kathryn soon too (edited from 'too shy to get one yet'. I thought about it and this amazing ride only lasts 40 weeks! Chucking my neurosis to the wind and getting that belly!)

Uurgh, ms is back and bbs have gone up a cup size already. DH is ecstatic, but I'm hoping I dont end up with a H cup or something before bub arrives!

love
    sushee

BTW does anyone know what's happened to Shazz (babydreams)? I know she was going to a u/s last Friday, but haven't seen anything from her since.

Am hoping she's been posting elsewhere or else has been resting and was too tired to get onto BB.

love
    sushee

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast