Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC ~ August 2005

Hey ladies! I actually just wanted to ask a quick question about working out your due dates... did you calculate your due date from the day of last AF or from day of conception? Im particularly curious from those who knew the conception date...

Keen because I was an FET, everyone that I have seen has calculated it from ovualtion/transfer date. Transfer was 3 days after ovulation was detected via BT. As it worked out however, ovulation occured 14 days after CD 1 anyway.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Keen
    as far as I know it is 280 days from last AF - even though you know conception date - they count pregnancy gestation from date 1st day of last period approx. not sure how they work it for those with extra long cycles maybe by doing dating scan or probably 266 days from conception date/ovulation if known.
    correct me if am wrong anyone

Yep that's what I thought Trish, 40weeks from the first day of your last period, however they may adjust this due date depending on the results of scans.

I'll catch up in my lunchbreak girls, on hols Thu + Fri, then off for 2wks in 2wks, so trying to catch up on work b4 I go, naughty me shouldn't be checking BB in work hrs :-)

Thats what I thought. The 40 weeks is from the first day of last AF and if you count from conception it is only 38 weeks. Interesting...

Hope your all doin well, not long to go for u Gabby & Carrie.
    Wow Sal, your nearly at your morph scan already, cool.
    Gonna have to set me up a bubby website soon I think.

Sal Guest

Yeh Shell, can't wait to see pics of your first scan! Is there a chance for twins for you (it would be amazing to have yet more twins happening in this thread - there's a chance for Mel, too)?

Oh me too Sal, & can't wait to c urs too.

There surely is a chance of twins, there were 25mm, 15mm, 13mm & 11mm follies @ 7:30am & trigger @ 9pm (wed 20/7). Apparently they grow 2mm/day & 15mm is viable. 1 nurse said the eggs would stop growing after trigger, only chance to grow 1mm, but the nurse doing the AIH said they don't completely stop growing after the trigger. However yesterday when I mentioned bout multiples, they seem to think more chance of a singleton, due to the size of the lead follie. :-)

Hi girls!!!

Congrats Shell on your BFP!!! Wonderful, wonderful news.

Keen, the differences in working out dates is why 38 weeks is referred to as "full term" by some. If you divide 40weeks by 4weeks you get 10 months and we know that we are not preg that long! God forbid!

All the professionals will go on the dates from you LMP (of missed AF).

Lovely to see you all pregressing along nicely.....

Hayseed

Keen, my doc calculated my proper due date by minusing some days before transfer to take into account the FET and how old the embryos were at trasfer. My due date is actually the 2nd March (I was nearly right with the 4th!) and on all paperwork he has stated that the 26th May was the first day of my last AF (which is wrong, as it was on the 20th)
    Being IVF and being a FET, it is all too confusing so I don't worry anymore. I won;t go full term anyway due to the twins so it's anybodies guess! Just another fun thing!

Hope everyone is well!

Hi Girls,

Jo, thanks very much for the email and don't worry ... darkmel is also us! I got DH to give me another account name for myself though as I got tired of people asking me why I was dark!

Keen - yes I was confused with the dating thing too. I estimated 4 April from the first day of my last menstrual period and the clinic gave me that start date too. Anyway, I'll stick to that until it's proven otherwise =) Hope you will be joining us in here VERY SOON.

Guys, I'm very excited ... I bought a crop top to wear to bed so no more sore boobies for me. I also got myself an obstetrician and booked into a hospital today so it's all happening. Still can't really believe it.

Hope you are all doing fine.

Love,

Mel

Ok, got a question ladies, especially Jo, Tam & Tiff. I read that your HCG should be around 100 on 14DPO & that the levels should almost double every 2-3 days, well here's mine, it quadrupled in 2 days, does this suggest multiples???

Tue 11DPO: HCG= 55, proj=112
    Thu 13DPO: HCG=196, proj=117

Shell with my clinic I did not get BT monitoring that early. The first was 16 dpo and the HCG was 2300. At 23 dpo it was 24300. HTH

Sal Guest

Shell, I didn't get BTs that early, either, but when I did my levels were a bit above the upper range for dates, my GP joked about twins but I'm just carrying a singleton. Don't put too much stock in your numbers, other than you know you have a healthily progressing pg!

Mel, that is exciting! When is your first OB appt?

I actually slept in my bra for about three weeks to stop the bbs waking me up during the night being sore...I tried a crop top but bbs were WAY beyond being supported by such a gentle structure!

Shell - I wouldn't read too much into it eithor, but as a general rule it doubles round about each 48hours. For intrests sake, at 16 days post transfer my HCG levels were 2259 and a week later at 22 days post transfer they had jumped to 29069.

I asked a nurse at my IVF clinic if it was twins, she told me that it might be as we transferred the two embies but not neccessary. I had high HCG levels with Jack as well.

Mel - Glad you got the email and hope you are well. Do your boobs ache ALL of the time? Mine are only aching when I wake up (which could be several times a night) I must be used to them during the day???

Hope everyone is aok

Hi everyone,

Jo - yes, my boobs are sore pretty much all of the time but it's not too bad during the day. I think the lying down, untethered at night was giving them too much freedom. They were not so sore this morning, that's for sure. I can't wait for my belly to start sticking out too then at least both halves of me will match!

Sal - First ob appointment is 30 August (by which time you will have had your long awaited morph scan!!) and I will be almost nine weeks by then. It seems so far away at this point but I'm sure time will fly!

Shell - It's going to be exciting when it comes time for your first scan. Wouldn't it be amazing if we have yet ANOTHER set of twins in here! Looks like we might have to ask Keen to start a Pregnancy with Twins After Long Term TTC thread.

Hope everyone is feeling fine and doing well. I feel like I'm walking around in a happy little pregnant bubble at the moment, immune to anything else going on. I just love hormones.

Talk to you all again soon.

Mel

Hey Guys

Mel - how many bubs did you put back? Suppose we should enjoy the playboy bb's while we have them, mine are the same - huge and sore. DH thinks it's great except he's not allowed near them! Way too sore for that carry on!

Shell - My levels were about 560 at 14DPT and continued to be at the high end of rec levels and I only have one there now - although saying that at the scan there was an empty sac where the other embie had tried to take, so this could have had some impact ont my levels. Anyway like everyone has said you can't read into it too much until you have your scan! Would be nice to keep the twin thing going though!!

Take care everyone!

Thanks Jo & Amy, I know I could be reading too much into it, as my clinic said the same thing, "not necessarily", although my GP today thinks otherwise & I've heard of a few people that had readings like that early on, but only conceived 1 (due to vanishing twin), who knows, but it's exciting to ponder. You never know, Mel could be the one with Twins.

Well saw my GP today instead of tomorrow, she calculated my due date as 38wks from conception (ovul) instead of 40wks from LMP, so apparently I'm due 14/4 & 4wks instead, although very few babies are delivered on their due dates. As for an Obs, she said that if my due date is after the 12mth wait date for obstetrics thru my private fund, that I could be covered even if I went early. I phoned GMHBA & they confirmed this, all they need is a letter from my Dr saying my due date (as being after 3/4). If twins, they're normally due after 38wks = few days short of private cover, so rang my Gyn/IVF Dr who's doing my first scan & the receptionist said no that a letter would still show 40wks, not 38wks, so I'm happy now. So I'm booked in to see him on 12/9.

My GP highly recommended a certain Obs (Jock Schumack) & said he's very experienced & has pulled live babies from very complicated situations, so makes me feel more at ease.

Sarah, can you please update my details please:
    Due 14/4
    Hospital: NPH
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/shell_l_d

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast