Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC ~ August 2005

Oh Tiff, it must be hard, but these ones are gonna stick.

m/c thoughts have been raging thru my head for a week, esp. last night, as had some pain twinges, nothing too major, but still makes me worry. Kinda wish I never knew about them. I just don't know what to expect, what is normal & what isn't when it comes to symptoms?

Cool Amy, another pg belly.

Welcome Sushee & huge congrats again, I just knew u were gonna be joinin us this mth. :-)

Can't wait to see the kitten photos Jo.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ooooh kitten phots! Jo, can I see too when you get them? My two aren't really kittens anymore. The boy especially is bloody huge!

As for me, I know I was real cagey earlier this week about the results, but I didn't know hw things would pan out. My beat wasn't due until Sunday but on Thurs 11dpo, my tummy started to bloat. By Friday, it was so big, I couldn't put on my loosest work pants. I called the clinic in a panic and they told me to come in the next day for a BT.

To my complete and utter surprise, the reason I was bloating was because there was a little'un making progestoerone of it own in there, and combined with my pessaries, my P4 levels shot through the roof! The clinic was cautiously happy with my HCG levels, which were 73, but were concerned about the P4 levels. Despite dropping down to one pessary, the bloating has continued and that's why I had another BT yesterday.

The good news is my HCG nearly quadrupled in 3 days, to 283, and while my P4 levels are still high and I'm still really bloated, like my doctor said, better more P4 than less. I've stopped all pessaries now and the tummy is slowly going down. But there's absolutely no danger to bub (just loads of discomfort for me) and I'm off work for the rest of the week.

My doctor came on the phone to tell me that I am officially pregnant. It was the most amazing telephone conversation I've ever had. He says that of course there are no gaurantees, but with my P4 levels and my HCG rising nicely, he couldn't have asked for more.

Thank you all for the welcome and I'm really excited to be here. I'll work on my ticker soon and I'm only a day off from Shell (I'm due on the 17th of April).

Woohoo!

love
    sushee

Shell - Yep it's pretty hard to keep calm when your belly starts to get a little af kind of crampy. I think it's pretty normal as everyone seems to have twinges at different times. Probably just the uterus stretching. Keep positive!

Tiff - I have had a look on ebay but have not seen anything yet that I have seen in the shop, and know what it is all about. I was talking to a girlfriend today about it and came to the conclusion that we could get a second hand bassinet and cot (I don't care if it all doesn't match at this stage) but really should get a decent pram otherwise I will be housebound. Will keep checking on ebay and keep my eye on the local paper as well. Not really stressing about it, just couldn't believe the price. Oh the world makes a lot of money out of us pregnant mummies!!

A word on my local hospital! The one remaining ob (been there about 4 months) will not be renewing her contract at the end of the year! DO you think there might be something wrong with the way the hospital is being managed?? LOL

Hope everyone is ok.

Sarah, could u please update some of my details please:

Due: 14 Apr 06
    Hospital: NPH
    Baby Name(s) Chosen: Cameron Kenneth / Holly Maree
    Baby's Website: See "www" in signature

Bet u can't wait to tell everyone Sush!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Shell,

I didn't have to. I told my mum and now everyone I've ever known knows. It wasn't quite my intention, was going to wait until 12 weeks on, but too late now....

love
    sushee

Sush Honey - I am so incredibly stoked for you and can completely understand you being cautious, awesome to see your ticker too! I love this thread, it's getting busier and busier by the day.

By the way, how cool is my avatar?!! I look so hot!! Of course my belly doesn't look like that yet, it's just starting to look a bit fat more than anything! It'll almost be a relief when I do start to show as my morning sickness has stopped now and bb's not as sore it does worry me a bit that I'll get to my scan and baby will be gone. Just me being silly but I need to worry about something! On the upside I halved my pessaries and estradiol yesterday and then stop it completely next Tuesday, yay no more pessaries!!

Well I must go, will do proper personals later. Was just about beside myself when I couldn't get on BB foums yesterday, talk about withdrawal!

Take care.

Sal Guest

Hi girls,

Amy, love your av, and yes you're HOT! Wow, you're past 10w already, is amazing how nicely this forum has grown. Can't wait for the others to come from LT TTC, will just make this thread the best one on the net!! What sort of furbaby do you have?

Sush, I shed a little tear about your news, I was so worried about you (in LT TTC I think no news is bad news usually). Your BT numbers are fantastic, I'm starting to get twin vibes from you! Your ticker is cute, too!

Hi to all, sorry will just do a little selfish rant post now...had a torrid evening, just got so down about lack of pg symptoms and not showing yet (seems like all the other girls due in Jan are showing and have been for a couple of weeks) plus haven't felt any movement. I really brought down DP and this morning he emailed me and told me we should rent a doppler for peace of mind, so I'm going to order one very shortly. My scan is a week and a half away and I just don't know how I'm going to make it to then without some kind of reassurance.

Shell, I know how you're feeling right now! I wish I could say that after the 6w scan you'll stop worrying, but if you're anything like me you won't. O

Hey Sal - We have a gorgeous chocolate labrador, that's him in my avatar! I think you should go ahead and get the doppler, anything that puts your mind at rest is worth it I say.

Sush - Just wanted to drop in and make sure you were in here, where you belong Interesting about the P4... :-k . 17th April sounds like a lovely time of year, btw.

Unfortunately guys the bootie thing isnt foolproof, so Ive discovered. Ive had two pair one from Kazz and one from Sarah since about March... but alas. But perhaps they will work for our upcoming FET.... Not giving up on the bootie theory just yet!

Sal - cant believe you are almost 18 weeks! Thats just incredible and can hardly believe that you dont have much of a tum yet either. Bet you cant wait for the morph scan!

Amy - your av is just adorable and am loving the preggie belly!

Shell - Just wait and see darlin, all will be ok. I got a very good feeling about that tummy of yours.

Everyone else - miss you guys and just makes my day to see you all in here! Big hugs and kisses from me!

Yaaaay, congrat Sushee Do you want your details added yet??

Awesome Sal, not long to go for ur scan. As for dopplers, my friend bought one from Ebay (i think that's where she got it from). She's kindly offered to lend it to me, can't wait. D'yu know anyone that has one, or are there any on ebay. Gab had very late symptoms/belly, so hope u get some soon tho.

Sush, LOL at your mum spreading the news quick smart. Yep, my MIL, mum, step-mum, dad & sis were the same, however I said they could. They are just sooo clucky, we are the last chance at a grandchild on DH's side, (although there are 3 step grandkids by marriage) & the 2nd grandchild on my side of the family. Funny, my 8yo nephew drew us a picture as soon as he found out, which I haven't seen yet, & he said "oh I'm sooo happy they fixed things". The things kids say huh!!! Then, a little bit later, he thought oh hang on, & said "i'll always be nanny's first (or best?) grandshild", hehehe, how cute.

Amy, oh I so agree with what u said bout the forum bein down the other day, I kept checkin.

Jo, they're not af cramps, but more like twinges of pain, nothing severe & mainly when I'm driving home, the last 2 days, so I've been laying down most of the evening after work. I guess it could be my uterus stretchin, so it is meant to feel like that?

Thanks Keen, we're saving that seat for u, for your next FET!!!

Sush - Sorry, I missed your post last night! You must be over the moon times 100 at the moment. Has it sunk in yet? Are you still going around with a big grin on your face, then stopping to rub your belly?

Sal - I say, rent it!

Shell - I get sharp pains as well, especially when I cough, I still think it is normal though, I had them before my 6.4 week scan and as you know everything turned out ok!

Amy - Love your new av!

We are all ok here. I have had a bit of news that has upset me My witchy cat "Oi" has to have his teeth cleaned, this involves a general and I am ****ting myself that something is going to go wrong. I booked him in for next Tuesday, so everyone send some good vibes his way, I will not cope if anything was to happen to him as well.

Thanks Jo, that's all I needed to hear, someone else with the same symptoms, thanks. Hope ur puddy tat is just fine. Mine nearly had to have his cleaned too, he was border lined, so vet suggested the science diet oral care, which we've been feeding him ever since, much cheaper at our local bulk pet produce store. They also suggested feeding him raw chicken every now & then (eg: chicken necks), however my puddy won't eat anything raw or cooked, except ham & prawns (very occasionally we get them & puddy glares at us if we don't give him 1 or 2) & if he has any more than 2, he throws them up, they think seafood intollerance. So he gets science diet in morning & a wiskas meat sachet in the arvo. Hope this info helps.

Sushee, congratulations. Must make it all worthwhile now.

Sal, Don't stress about the lack of pg symptoms. I didn't tell anyone I was pg. until 18 wks and no-one guessed. - in fact, I had people at work who saw me all the time that didn't realise I was pg at 34 wks. also I didn't feel hardly any movement the whole pg. Everyone is different and you will be OK. Having said that, the doppler is a great idea.

Sal Guest

Thanks girls, I actually got the doppler in the mail this morning and have found blobby's hearbeat (144bpm) so am incredibly relieved. Had actually worked myself into quite a state last night and felt like I was going to throw up just before I found the heartbeat. It was worth every cent and now it means that on the day of the morph scan I'll be excited rather than feeling sick to my stomach!

Shell, I have rented a doppler, I saw those ones on Ebay and I wasn't convinced about their quality. I think I'd be cautious about using one too early because of the risk of not finding a heartbeat (when of course there is one there but it's just too early to find it). When I got the doppler the instructions said that if your placenta is anterior then it can be harder to find the heartbeat....of course they only tell you that once you've ordered and PAID for it! Luckily I can hear blobby's heartbeat, though it is a bit muffled.

Jo, sending lots of 'good operation' vibes to Oi!

Phew, internet issues still continue, am at public library and have already been kicked off one PC and just kicked off another, so must run now.

Awesome news Sal. I'm not going to borrow my friend's for a while yet. It made her feel so much more at ease, whenever she felt anxious about her 'teddi' (due any time now), she'd use the doppler, her hubby was stoked to be able to hear it too, being as we experience almost everything & they don't. When is it able to be heard, from around 10-12wks? What a pain about your internet access & it can't of helped over the last 2 days when BB was down.

Hi girls,

Sal - great that you could put your mind at ease by using the doppler. Must take some of the stress out of your next scan. Now if you can just get that little internet situation fixed you'll be laughing.

Shell - I get the cramping pains as well. Particularly if I turn over in bed or sit up too quickly. I guess it's kind of a reminder that we need to take things a bit easier now.

Jo - hope your cat's teeth-cleaning goes well and that he bounces back from his operation. Thinking of you.

Sush - has it sunk in yet? =)

I'm having today off work because I feel a bit under the weather. I decided to go and see my GP while I have the chance. My obstetrician's appointment is not for a couple more weeks but I kind of feel I should see someone just to get a general check up even though everything seems to be going fine. Not too many symptoms for me but I think I know already that the baby is taking after it's father - Apple loves sleep and salty chips. I've been trying to feed him salad sandwiches for a few days but no go. What can I say? You can't fight the forces of nature.

Hope you are all well.

Love,

Mel

Hey Everyone

I'm having an "It's all about me!" day, yes the dreaded panic attacks about missed miscarriage and everything are plagueing me today. Morning sickness has gone pretty much and bb's not as sore, I should probably just be glad about this instead of freaking out. I might look on the internet for a doppler like Sal.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast