Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC ~ December '06/January '07

great news about the hospital Kar!!

thanks for that info Kar - Im pretty sure I remember Sush suffering pretty badly from that... although I could be wrong, what with my overtired brain this eve.

Oh Kar...thank goodness about the strike being over...great news!

Had my 12 week scan yesterday....AMAZING!!! Or as my DH kept repeating "that's outstanding...that's outstanding...that's outstanding".

Baby is very active little thing...lots of beautiful movements...a lovely nose (apparently that's a good sign to have a well formed conker!)...and I'm sure I saw something very definitely swinging between "it's" legs!!! Can it really be that distinct at 12 weeks??

My results were great! 1:4100 for down's (which apparently is 20x better odds than someone my age...and 3x better than a 22 year old!!!) My sister is now saying that the reason I took so long to fall pregnant is I had a very belated puberty LOL!!!

Maybe it had something to do with the medically induced menopause I went through when I was 31...like I say to my DH..."I think I got this a bit mixed around...went through menopause before I got pregnant!!!"

Anyway...as you can probably tell...feeling very happy...sending in my hospital admission forms today.

Had the family over to watch the scan DVD last night...they were all very excited...except our fur baby who felt suitably ignored!!! He made up for it this morning by digging up the reticulation...bless him!

Anyway...I'm now rambling!

Danni...so glad the guy helped you out...so lovely, hey?

Best wishes to all!

hey monnie, so glad about the scan! its so wonderful isnt it?

No, a penis is definitely not noticeable to our eyes at 12 weeks..bubs i only 6cm long remember! My sonographer saw a "bump" which he said is most likely going to turn into a penis, but its only a small bump.

Im jealous I never got a dvd

Monnie - that is great news. Well done you! And I'm jealous too - I didn't get a DVD either.

So Kar, you definitely decided on names now?

confusedegg Guest

Hi Ladies.

Just quickly popping in to see how we are all progressing.

Who is due in next 2 weeks?

Stay tuned for Baby~Amore (TRISH) to give my announcement, in case in not in with in 2 weeks, i will try and pop in from time to time.

are you being induced chris?

Looks like you'll be ahead of me Chris... hope all is ok. Fill us in on what's happening.

Danni - we are pretty settled on first names - but still struggling with middle names. We're still going with both a boys and a girls names just in case.

(sticks snout round corner)

Hi Ladies ...

Monnie - that is fantastic news from you and it's great you got a nice DVD to take home. Re the winkie factor ... the sex organs look pretty similar at that stage which is why they don't like to guess apparently. I take it you are going to ask at the 19 weeker? Lordy, that will be here before you know it. Anyway, that is such good news and I hope you can now sit back and enjoy this nice middle trimester.

Danni - what a pain (literally) with the SPD. You take care of yourself. The strapping sounds like a good idea and if it gives you some relief, go for it. The BFing class also sounds good. I think if and when I am fortunate enough to have another baby, I will take one or engage a lactation consultant. I really think these things can make all the difference if you run into difficulty but I hope that isn't the case with you. Good on you for preparing.

Kar - not long for you, pet. I know what you mean about feeling guilty about wanting it to be over. It is really only the discomfort of late pg that does it to a person and your Mum is right ... it's nature's way of getting you in the mindset for what is to come. I am so excited for you and can't wait to see what flavour you have, the name etc.

Chris - Hanging out for Trish's announcement of your news too! Hope everything goes really well and that you are keeping well too in this last stage.

Love to all,

Mel and William

thanks for popping in mel

Kar: i forgot you knew the flavour!!!! now im angry with you again! LOL

OMG Kar, that must be a load of ur mind.

Kar & Danni, I hope that SPD settles down for you both. That's good that ur getting some relief from the strapping Danni.

Fantastic news Monnie. Cant wait for mine (13w4d), diff sonographer, as asked for 1 with dvd this time, disappointed we didn't get one with Holly, esp since my sis got a video of her bubs 9+yrs ago (well vhs but still video). That is great odds, from memory, obgyn said my odds on paper were 1:400 for a 31yo, but after u/sound with Holly, came back at 1:11,798.

Oooh Chris, was wonderin how u were goin. Will be watchin out for ur news.

shell, time to get a preg ticker i think! its too hard to keep track

Hehe Danni, I have one in my www. Can't have 2 tickers in siggie, so leavin Holly's there.
    Hmm, maybe I can get a preggie belly now, thnx for the reminder.
    Remember, i'm just visitin here.

wheres jano?

leis xxx

PS i feel a Paris conceived baby is just around the corner for DH and I!!!

~Jane~ Guest

here I am, I have been reading but not posting much. I think I am having some sort of delayed reaction tiredness, it should be all gone but I feel awful and not very talkative when I get home from work (I talk for a living pretty much)

So no news here, glad everyone is going along well.

Good luck Chris.

Fingers crossed Leis!! You are leaving on my EDD!

Jane, thanks for popping in, Hope your fatigue goes soon

Dan, will be thinking of you.... will have to pop into an internet cafe in London and say gday to you all..... especially with you due Dan... can hardly wait!

love leis xx PS jano, have some cat naps....xx

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast