Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Here they are (d*mn, I'm organised!)

13dpo 73 P4 1400
    16dpo 238 P4 1400
    23 dpo 2977 P4 1000
    30dpo 16740 P4 951

love
    sushee

Edited to add my P4 levels. Yes, mine were really high!

Thanks Sushee, yes you are very organised, I love it. Here are mine
    14dpo 129
    16dpo 288
    20dpo 1683

I think you can safely say you're most definitely pg, Sheree! Lol! In fact, looks like your HCG levels are slightly higher than mine were!

love
    sushee

Hehe Sush & Sheree on the baby name situation. We were quite firmly set on the names Holly or Cameron, but now DH is going off Cameron, so we may have to have another boy's name picked out just in case.

As for Beta's, mine are in my 'Milestones' in my 'www', but here they are.. :-)

11DPO = HCG=55, proj=112
    13DPO = HCG=196, proj=117

My clinic said they generally like to see 100 by 14DPO.

I really quite liked Benjamin! I like Cameron too, but a close friend's son is named Cameron.

Men! I chose Lila and loved it from the outset! Though knowing DH, don't be surprised if it all changes once baby is born! Lol!

love
    sushee

Yep, & they think women are prone to change their minds, haha.
    I like Benjamin too, however a friend's child whom well used to be an absolute bratt is called that which turned us of it. Funny there's always names u like that friends/rels are called or dogs or naughty kids. He likes Will, I'm not sure, u know how 'tis, hard to find names that both agree on. :-)

Great to see you here Sheree!!!! Where's your ticker girl? I know - you're prolly at the "don't want to jinx it stage". And great to see you do it the old fashioned way.

I wonder where Didge is - I hope everything is alright honey.

A big welcome to Skye too. Good to see the forum filling up again.

Sush - bet you're counting down the days till you are a lady of leisure. I agree about not wanting to call your bub a name that has any bad memories to it. My barred list includes people I didn't like at school etc lol.

Saw my OB today and watched my jumping bean do backflips in my belly - a very active little one it is. He told me not to come back for 2 months - until after my 19 week scan. Besides some crippling headaches I've been getting 3-4 times a week, I have to say I think I'm entering the nice phase of my pregnancy.

Great to see that you are settling into the 2nd trimester, Justine.

Yes it is hard to settle on names ... very hard! I love both choices though Sush. Hope your DH settles on something soon.

Shell - same to you!

Sheree - I've known some people who haven't made up their minds until they actually SEE the baby, then they decide which name he/she looks like! Great levels by the way ... nice and high.

I like Benjamin and Cameron ... both considerations! It is hard though. William has kind of been a favourite of both of ours for a long time so I guess it was inevitable that we would choose that for the first boy. I've always quite liked the historical connotations and the meaning of the name ("resolute protector").

Humphrey - good to see you entering the happy phase and feeling so much better. Looking forward to your 19 week scan now.

Amy - how did things go on Monday? Hope everything is all right and still on track for your birth.

We started antenatal classes on Monday at Freemasons. They showed a film of a birth and quite a few people turned pale afterwards. The birthing suites look nice. They explained pain relief to us. All pretty much as expected. I'm kind of looking forward to it actually which is weird ... I know it's going to hurt like hell but there's no fear at all for some reason. The human mind has such wonderful protection mechanisms, doesn't it?

Have a good day girls and I hope you are all well.

Mel

Hey Gorgeous Ones!!

Yes we had our scan yesterday, everything is fine with the placenta well clear of my cervix so we're all on now for the birth...Eek! Looks like he could be a monster (measuring 38 1/2 weeks and approx 7 pounds 11oz already!) although I know measurements from the u/s are only estimates. So it was very exciting, I will scan the gorgeous picture of his face so you can all see - he looks like a chubba chubba already!!

Hmmm the name game - we've changed our minds a couple of times but are still going to wait until we actually see him in person just in case!

Hi Sheree - nice to see you here and not long until your first scan!

Justine - great news to see your wee bubba, hope you can enjoy yourself a bit now.

Sush - Hey girl. I am SO over work (and I'm the boss! Not good!), will finish up next week but still have a bit to do which isn't good - I just want to lie around home and put my ugly swollen feet up!

Mel - My feet look like a disposable glove blowen up!! It's so funny.

I loved reading Tam and Sal's birth stories by the way, so well written. LOL at the hypbirthing Sal - actually my kit is being used as a door stop at the moment, I'm so naughty I need to start listening to it...!

Love to everyone!!

XX

Sal Guest

Hello lovely preggie ones!

Welcome new girls, it really is a nice forum, this one. It's amazing how close some of you are getting now!

Thanks for reading my birth story. Amy, I'm glad it didn't put you off. I really hope that you are fully hypnotisable, in which case the program would work much better. I don't feel it was a wasted experience, because all the training involved deep relaxation, so I think Miles got a lot of good out of it (may have helped him get through the long labour )

Well things are going quite well, although it's sooooo hot here that poor little Miles is getting heat rashes as he needs to be swaddled (he's a startle-y baby, I remember him doing it heaps in the womb - worried at the time he was have fits or something!). Have spent a day at a family centre and also a home visit from a speech therapist, unfortunately Miles still hasn't got it together re attaching to the boob, so am expressing every 2 hours to get my milk supply up. So my day is nothing other than expressing, bottle feeding, nappy changing, bottle washing, expressing etc. Not that I'd have it any other way, but if he was taking the boob it would make life much much easier for me.

Am posting piccies up on flickr.com ...anyone here used it before?

Amy - would take those estimates with a grain of salt... Miles was slated to be a very big bubba but turned out nice-sized after all! Great to hear that placenta is clear - so the home birth is all systems go?!

Hey Sal - so good to hear from you and Miles! Is there a chance Miles will take the boob eventually? Sounds like you are all doing great though - can't wait to see some more piccies. I remember Miles always measuring ahead of your dates, I think it's just another way to freak the mother out by saying it could be a big bubba! I'm fairly blase about it, hopefully it will just make me more organised for this birth - and yes we are all on for our homebirth now! The midwife is bringing our pool over next week and I need to start organising a few things in the meantime! Still need to pack a hospital bag incase of a transfer but otherwise we're all on.

PS. Have posted our latest scan pic, hope you can make it out.

Amy,

wow! I just looked at your scan pic! I want one too now! Lol! Excellent news about the go ahead with the home birth. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Sal, I hope Miles decides that boob is best and converts soon for you, hunny. I could never get the knack of expressing. DH wants me to get bottles and stuff so I can express for him to feed bubs sometimes but I'm not sure how I'd go.

As for names, I think DH has settled on Brendan now. I like the name Wil, in fact it was my first choice, but MIL and my FIL are on strained terms (long divorced) and my FIL's name is William. I had no chance of DH agreeing to 'Wil', he would never do anything that may upset his mum.

My day started out cr*p, with Zaki admitting this morning as I was leaving for work that he's lost his house keys. Ariani lost hers about 6 months ago, and I had the locks changed then. Now it's back to getting a locksmith out to change everything again. DH is saying neither of the kids are going to get house keys this time as I'm going on leave soon, but it means both will have to leave the house in the morning when I leave for work, at 7am, for the next 2 and a 1/2 weeks. Zaki and Ariani will just have to go to my mum's in the morning. Ani doesn't start work until 9.30am so she's very very pi$$ed about it. Not as much as me!

Oh well, better call around for some locksmiths. My mat leave can't come soon enough!

love
    sushee

Justine, hope those headaches subside the further u get. Wow, only few more days left of ur 1st tri, exclnt. Well guess it depends on what u read, I read tri's are: 0-13(13wks), 14-26(13wks), 27-40(14wks)... :-)

Sheree & Skye, hope ur first scans come & go so fast & leave fantastic results.

Mel, we had our 1st antenatal class this wk too, last night. Funny bout some people going grey after seein the video. We watch a birth video next Tue. Saw the birthing suite too, looks good. They also said they along with many other hospitals within about 80km radius will not deliver a baby before 34wks, instead have to be transferred to JHH public hosp if enuf beds else Sydney, yikes, but hey, i'm definitely not expecting to go early... :-)
    DH said on the way to class that no-one he knows has done them so doesnt think they'll be worth it. I said well all/most people i know have & said the opposite. Told him (again) what class covers & when driving home, he said well it was actually worth it. Good, gees, men... hehe

Sush, oh dear on the keys/locks, sounds like those last few wks work can't finish soon enuf too.

Sal, hope Miles gives in to the booby. I'll have to find/read ur birth story. I had a look at the 'birth stories' section the other day but didnt c it, maybe i looked too soon.

Amy, thats great news on ur placenta, & having under 5wks til EDD.

Hope everyone else is well.

shell,

what is it about men? After the problems we had TTCing, I thought DH would jump at the chance to go to an antenatal class, but like your DH, he kept saying 'how hard can it be?' and 'why do I need to go for a class? You already know what to do'

So we compromised and I've booked us in for a 'fastrack' one day, all day, class on the 4th of March. We've also had a 'talk' about his attitude since the above comments and he's showing much more enthusiasm lately, luckily for him. He's very very excited about the baby, just was decidedly lukewarm about the labour and birth!

love
    sushee

skyelar Guest

Hello everyone!!

Ohh I am so excited to be posting in here I don't have any goss either sorry Sush...I have felt a little bit queasy of a night when I go to bed. Full on m/s kicked in at about 7 weeks with my DD.

I have a scan next Thursday with my IVF Dr. He wants to check that everything is in the right spot or something like that?
    My first appt with my Ob is 14th of March. Seems sooo long to wait!

My hcg at 14dpo was 139.5. I have only had the one set of blood done so far.

I know it is only natural but I keep thinking it can't possibly be real that I am pg I am constantly thinking 'oh cr*p my BB's don't hurt anymore, something must have happened' PLEASE tell me everyone went through this!

Oh sorry this has been a me me me post

Skye
    I know it is only natural but I keep thinking it can't possibly be real that I am pg I am constantly thinking 'oh cr*p my BB's don't hurt anymore, something must have happened' PLEASE tell me everyone went through this

Oh i remember this well i was the queen of worry hang in there we are all here for you if you need to let things off your chest

Heehee, Tiff reckons we have a special sparkly straight jacket for all the neurotic pg women in here! And it gets passed around A LOT!

love
    sushee

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast