Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ Jan / Feb 2006

Didge Ive had two throwing up incidents with wheatbix! For some reason they are the only thing I CANNOT keep down no matter how hard I try and Im taking b6 for the morning sickness (which is working better than blackmores thank god).
    Maybe its something about the texture of wheatbix they tend to be a bit soggy and heavy when mixed with milk. Might sit badly in our sensitive tummies!

Magic, Sushee and Anna - thank you very much for your responses. It probably was just a bad combination for that time of the morning - weird, I have eaten weetbix for the past 2 weeks without any dramas???....
    I can't believe I posted about that

Have a good day!!!!

Didge

Hey Jo Baby!! So good to hear from you and to hear the twins are growing so nicely, hope to see some piccies soon!!!

Didge - The throwing up could be from the milk (dairy) on an empty stomach??? The one time I threw up was from a milky cup of tea first thing in the morning. But hey who really knows, maybe bubbies just didn't feel like weetbix that morning???!!

Sush - Is this your last week of work??? Wahoo for you!

As for me I am good, think my bump may have dropped and getting those light period-like cramps every now and then. I have a midwife appointment today so will let you know how I go. Just waiting waiting...!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Yay Jo, how exciting that you're home! I am imagining you tandem feeding and I just see this supermum with a bub under each arm going for it! I don't envy you the lack of sleep, but am otherwise glad to hear everything is okay. Was just thinking this morning that our new mums must be sooo busy, and none more than you, Tam and Tiff, with 2 to look after each!

19 Days til we meet Amy's little'un!

Amy, sound like things are getting going which is great. I can't wait to hear about your midwives visit and whether you're going to get the go-ahead on the homebrith!

As for me, I woke this morning and noticed that my tummy has dropped. No joke, it was that obvious that when I came out of the bathroom, even DH noticed without me saying anything. Then when I got into work, I was walking from the carpark and felt like weeing the entire way up, like my bladder was overfull. I am now wondering if bub's engaged? I'm completely gobsmacked as isn't that supposed to happen in, like, 2- 4 weeks from now? And if I've had a few bubs before, I thought it happened even later than that?

I'm probably worried for nothing. May give my obs a quick buzz later today and mention it to him...

Hewllo everyone else! :smt039

love
    sushee

Hi Sushee
    Wow isn't it amazing how much our bodies change. Calling your ob sounds like a good move, but probably nothing to worry about. I think I DD was engaged at 32w (as she scratches her head trying to remember that far back LOL).

Not long now for you! re becoming a lady of leisure. =D>

Sheree,

thanks for the reply. I know it's probably something I needn't worry about, but you know me Luckily only 2 more days left of work, and then 'taking it easy' will become my motto!

I was surfing the net and the info on there said that engagement this early may mean I go early, so of course I freaked! But I will call Dr later today and as usual, in his calm voice, he'll probably tell me everything's fine and I shouldn't worry, and then I'll settle.

Lol!

love
    sushee

Sushee- isn't your bubs a bit on the big side, so maybe the room is limited and engagement just earlier. :-k

yes, Dr reckons at least 3 weeks ahead in size, so hopefully that's all this is. Doesn't make for comfortable walking though!

I've left a message at my ob's rooms for him to call me as his receptionist seemed to think it was something I needed to speak to him about. But I'm a lot calmer now, so am hoping he forgets! Lol!

love
    sushee

Sush my DS engaged at 30 weeks, then went along to deliver on EDD. It felt like I spent the last 2 months on the loo too. I felt like asking for a catheter from my OB! Better to be in position early I guess - especially if it's a bit squishy in there. It also meant his bum was in good position to give him a rub and pat (or poke when he was too rough on me )

OK so just spent the last half hour dry retching in the loo - lovely!!!

I have been getting stabbing really painful right hand side "O" pain - but severe. So I'm waiting for my ob to call me.

I feel so paranoid, and a little silly. 8-[

Sheree,

I hope your obs gets in touch with you soon about that. I have to admit, I got stabbing pains too, but with your history, probably a good idea for you to get checked out. Please let us know how you go.

As for me, just spoke to Dr and he said that while he wasn't overly worried, he wasn't going to disregard it either. As I didn't engage until late with my 2nd and 3rd pgs, he thinks that maybe I should pack my hospital bags tonight JIC as it may be an indication I could go early.

But he also reassured me that it's just as likely I will go to full term and even over! I have an appt with him next week and he'll check baby's position again, though he reckons by the sounds of it, bub has in fact engaged.

He's told me that I have to take it real easy from now on, to be on the safe side. No more long walks, no more frantic house cleaning. I have to time my BHs everytime from now on, and if anything at all concerns me, I need to head over the mat ward at SJOG.

So it looks like I truly will be a lady of leisure after all!

love
    sushee

Dr said to go home and take some panadol, he will see me on Friday as planned. So now I feel silly 8-[ I will stay at work as the pain has eased. If it happens again I will take a panadol or two. I suspect it's a pesky cyst or something like that.

Sushee- wow packing your bags already, make sure DH and kids let's you be the lady of leisure. I bet all this makes it all "ring" home that bubs will be here!

Sheree only two days to go until your ultrasound!!!!! Im so excited for you, the dry retching is a fantastic sign!

Im doing fine, tired and stressed about family issues and already sick of having to do anything but sleep 7 weeks tomorrow!!! \/

It is a good sign but dreadful all the same. I really don't like pg, I just want the baby thanks. Always the way hey, wishing one's life away! LOL

Anna- it sucks having family problems when something as exciting as a new baby coming is happening.

skyelar Guest

Wow Sush, I really hope it isn't too uncomfy for you over the next few weeks. I remember when I was pg with my DD, in the later stages her head used to grind on me really hard down there & OMGoodness it would lift me off my seat :shock:

Anna can't believe you are 7 weeks tomorrow & I will be 7 weeks on Friday. The time is really flying isn't it \/

Weet-Bix was the one thing I could not stomach when I was pg with DD. I wanted it so bad when I'd wake in the morning but as soon as I'd go to brush my teeth it would all come up again The same thing happened to me this morning with Coco-Pops. A great sign I know but all the same it is just gross!!

Sheree, how are you feeling now? Anymore pains? I am sure things will be ok but it is oh so scary with all these little niggles isn't it :shock: Two more sleeps & you will see your baby, how exciting!!!

Hi Trish, how are you? I hope you aren't having too many worries with those tightenings.

Have a great day everyone!!

I was just thinking the same thing this morning Skyelar! Last time it seemed to drag on, probably because of all the trouble we had, but this time its zipping by. Good thing because Ive decided Im def not a fan of the first trimester
    Sheree, yeah (inlaw) family issues suck esp now but I just cant seem to get through to them! My SIL is a very very not nice person and she has been making my life hell! She actually told me that she thinks Im using my Dh (her brother) to have a baby and that she is trying really hard to not hate me! Uh if that was the case I wouldnt have married him, just got pregnant, and uh it didnt have to be him just any sucker I came across! I also would have left a long time ago after all the trouble we had! I could kill her honestly! Problem is Im the only one who see's this side :fuming: She also hates the fact that I dont work, but I dont see the point in anything bar a casual pocket money job now Im pregnant. I dont NEED to work anyway so its none of her business.
    Ok vent over lol

Hi Sheree, did you hear back from your ob? Hope you're feeling better sweets.

Sushee - I remember my sister's DS engaged early, and he wasn't born until 40 weeks. Perhaps they're just really organised

Anna - congrats on 7 weeks tomorrow! What is it with SIL's? Mine's quite a treat as well. Sorry she's causing you grief - and you're right, it's none of her business.

And Skye - Congrats for your 7 weeks on Friday! Time flies...can still remember discussing crinone with you!

Sheree - I can't wait to hear how Friday goes...how exciting!!!

Trish - How've you been feeling?

Hope everyone's okay.

Love,
    Didge

skyelar Guest

Hi Sheree, all the best for today! I bet you can't believe the day has finally arrived \/ can't wait to hear how you got on.

xoxo

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast