Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ July 2005

Hi Girls!!

Finally get to log onto BB again!!

Have had the house all in bits for the last week or so, so no internet! Feel deprived!

Just a quickie, because I have to disconnect again - had Munchy's scan on Tuesday - everything was a OK!! Growing as he should, not problems to report! Oh, and DEFINITELY A HE!!

Sal fantastic news about Blobby!! See now you can breath a little easier!

Big hello to everyone! Congrats Hay!! ANd hopefully I will be back soon!

Sal Guest

Hi Gab, good to see you back! Was wondering how your morph scan went, that's fantastic, now you can start to buy some cute little 'boy' outfits! Hey, are you showing yet?? Felt any movement??

Jo, good luck for Wed (or is it Tue) for your scan! Can't wait to hear if you've got two on board.

Well I had a great weekend, very relaxing down with my parents. My mum bought me a couple of little baby outfits - gee they are cute! It still doesn't feel 'real' yet.

Hey Everyone

Welcome Pat, hey we have a few things in common - we started TTC #1 in July 03 too and Luca is one of our top 5 boys name also. So glad to see you've joined us.

Gab - Had wondered where you were at, glad to hear all is well and that the scan went well.

Sal - Glad to hear your weekend was relaxing, you need to make the most of it! My Mum bought some tiny wee baby clothes too, so cute.

Jo - Can't wait to hear how the scan goes, have fingers crossed.

Take care all!

Hi All

Sorry I have been MIA, however I have a good excuse. I was in hospital on Thursday night. At the time I was not sure what it was as the pain was very low and crampy, plus I was vomiting. Anyway after almost 3 hours in hospital I told them I wanted to go home. All I wanted was to check that the babies were ok, but get this, the emergency I went to do not have u/s facilities after 5pm and I was there at 7:45. I was so mad, if I had known that, I would have gone elsewhere. I took Friday off work to go see my OB. The babies and I are ok, looks as though it was a mild form of food poisoning. So the weekend was very quiet in the end for us.

Hope all are well and after I catch up at work I will pop back in again.

Tam - Gosh you must have been beside yourselves! What an horrible time you have been having, do you know what caused the food poisoning? It's the last thing you need at any time, let alone while pg.

Sal- Glad to hear you have had a relaxing w/end and before I forget AGAIN, congrats on MOTM!!

I just have tomorrow to go before it's scan day woohoo! Cannot wait to get it done and get some evidence pointed out to me!

Hi Girls,

Sal - thanks for missing me, LOL!! Yep, definitely showing without clothes, but still hiding it really well at work - wearing normal clothes. But feel fat ++ at the end of the day. But, I have been told by one of my bosses, in a very careful tone of course, that it was a shame that I was letting myself go, and that perhaps I ought to do some stomach exercises!! Can you believe it?!?!? SO, I reassured him it was not glutony, just a little bubby's doing!! He said that he felt much happier then! Fancy! Oh, and yes, have bought some baby outfits finally!! And to my utter amazement, my hubby was even worse than I was - he just kept picking little outfits out!! How cute is that! How about you, is it sinking in yet??

NZGirl - thank you too for noticing me gone! Just been working heaps, and now starting to have a little spit about the hours I am doing (152 hrs in the last 12 days!), a I am not really coping, feeling really run down, and I have a cold that has been dragging for 3 weeks now. But I am around, and at this time all seems well, thank you! How about you though! When is your first scan?? How exciting! Did you have one or two transferred??

TamB - how scary chookie! I am so, so very glad to hear all is well with you and bubbies, so scary! I guess you will feel the 'stretching' pains so much more than those of us carrying one baby, but still.... Thinking of you, and when is your 12w scan??

Jo - YAY on having a scan on Wed!!! I cannot wait to hear what is cooking in there! Will have to make sure I log on to find out!

Well, I better go, still more furniture and stuff to move before I fall asleep in front of the telly (yep, still doing that!).

Speak soon, and I miss having more time to chat, girls...

Hey Gab, Just noticed your ticker says 20weeks!!! Well done!! Half way!! Only 20 more to go

Tanya

Sal Guest

Gab, congrats on hitting 20w. Wow! And OMG at your manager (who I must admit I assumed would be a woman until you wrote 'he') at saying that to you - it is so amazingly rude and presumptuous!! Those hours you are working sound horrendous... Oh and how cute that your DP was the one to keep picking out litle outfits! When are you going all-out and buying nursery gear? Have you started feeling any kicking?

No, things haven't really sunk in for me yet. My sis told me with her first pg she didn't have to wear maternity gear until 21w, so that news combined with the fact my placenta is anterior (yours is too, isn't it Gab?) I figure my morph scan is my next reassurance, still 6 long weeks off, then who knows how many more weeks until blobby starts kicking.

Jo, my preg-brain is telling me your scan is tomorrow, but in case it is today, good luck, I'm sure you won't need it, I am imagining two little 'uns in there!

Amy, Tam, Trish, Carrie, Cailin, how are you all doing?

Hey ya

Sal - I'm good, had some more spotting in the last couple of days which is so scary. It's still brown and slightly more than last time time. Although it's hard to say as it's mixed in with the pessary discharge (TMI I know). I also have ongoing cramps, generally later in the afternoon and evening - although I've had these since the beginning so they don't worry me too much. Also I don't really have any other symptoms which doesn't help. Only 6 days until my scan then I might be able to relax a little bit!

Sorry if I sound like a broken record but I know you guys all know where I'm coming from!

Gab - Great to hear from you and OMG at your boss. How bl$%^y rude! I really really hope you can work less and relax more - take care of yourself honey! We had two transferred, DH is more positive that it is twins whereas I am pretty sure there's only one, although the cramping and spotting does make me wonder a little bit. If there's two there could be a lot going on in there!

TamB - I so hope you are feeling better, like you really need food poisoning at the moment! Take care honey.

Jo - Oooo not long now, can't wait to hear how it goes.

I thought the 7week scan was done with "The Probe" but when I made my appointment they said to come with a full bladder so now I'm confused. I thought that bubs is too small to see with the external scan at this stage. Can any of you knowledgable ladies shed some light on this??

Take care everyone

Sal Guest

Hi Amy, maybe there are two in there, fighting it out for space, creating a little spotting?!?! Six long days, that is such a long time to wait, poor thing! Maybe now you're in your 6th week some m/s will kick in (not that I wish that upon you).

Re the u/s, yes I thought I'd have 'the probe' but did the drinking of water, bursting bladder. I only needed the 'normal' u/s, they saw everything they needed to without doing an internal. I think it's an individual thing, depends on how your uterus is sitting, how big you are etc. Even at my 11w NT scan there was a possibility of getting 'the probe' but again I only had the tummy scan. Us IVF girls are veterans of 'the probe' and I think we cope with it much better than 'probe virgins' (hehe there has been discussion of internals in the general pg thread, and I'm so surprised at the amount of dread expressed at the thought of one...is it just me, or is it no big deal?!)

Sal,

I agree. The probe - in the right hands - is nothing to be feared! If I say much more, this may have to go into AO.

In any case, it's much less hassle than having cold gel squeezed on your belly and your full bladder manipulated.

(crawls off back into the woodwork).

Sal Guest

hehe Mel, I agree! I had to censor my thoughts on 'the probe' myself!

hehehe, you guys crack me up. I agree, I almost prefer the probe - the normal u/s on a full bladder during our transfer was so sore. Lucky I was too busy concentrating on not peeing on the doctor. They told me at our first transfer that my bladder wasn't full enough so for our second one I went overboard and was just about bursting!

I had one sonographer (?) who before she put "the probe" in would say "And I'm just parting your labia now" - DH and I would crack up but everytime I had one she said the same thing! Like I didn't know what she was doing!!!

Hey Mel - I haven't posted in the LTTTC thread but what a great result you got with your OPU. Fingers crossed for you hon.

Hi Lovelies,

I'm sorry ... it's been a while since I posted properly so it looks like I have some catching up to do.

Amy - thanks for your good wishes. I'm still in shock over the result myself. I hope your upcoming scan brings you some relief from anxiety. Does it ever stop though? My mother has been anxious for 37 years.

Gab - you are so polite to your boss. Boy, that must have taken some restraint. It's so great you've reached the magic 20 week mark. Amazing how time flies!

TamB - you poor thing with the food poisoning. Glad to hear you and the twins are okay.

Jo - waiting anxiously to hear how your ultrasound went. And Moneymasons DID give me raisin toast after the OPU. I thought of you immediately =)

Sal - oooh, you have some little outfits for your summer baby. I'm so relieved that you're past the 12 week mark and can maybe relax a little bit and enjoy. What's happening with your study this semester? Are you still on hols?

Hope everyone else is well. Maybe Hayseed will be back soon so that we can hear all the details and see some pics of Pup.

Love,

Mel

Sal Guest

Mel, studywise I've started studying again this week. The uni semester officially starts next week, but I need to stay a bit ahead, for stress-management reasons. I'm studying developmental psych (which will be extra interesting and relevant for me now, can't wait to read all the nitty gritty of bub's development), counselling psych (could be a bit of a bludge, but I need a bludge subject), research methods (a compulsory unit, a bit dry but I like stats so it will be OK) and sports psych (my nemesis subject, I had to pick this as it's the only one I could do meeting the pre-requisites while finishing my grad dip this year - maybe I'll find it interesting).

I was SUCH a swot last semester, I diligently put in 8 hours a day Mon-Fri, but since the pg shock I have become quite the slacker. Hope I can manage a GPA that will allow me to continue studying (not sure about timing of that, DP thinks I can combine new motherhood with part-time study but I'm not so sure...)

Gee, hopefully you'll be joining us in this forum in two weeks' time (I mean with bub on board!) [-o<

Oh, and yes, I've become much more relaxed about being pg now that I have reached 12w and have a NT scan showing a little developing alien inside me. I wasn't sure that I would relax, but thankfully I have.

Sal Guest

hehe Shannon, I've requested it from the powers-that-be! It'll be a shock seeing my supermodel figure disappear (I'm talking avatar here, not my real-life lumpy bumpy expanding bod).

[email protected] guys, we used to call the internal scan probe the d***o cam LOL! I too find it a bit uncomfy. I remember the first time the woman kept making all these jokes about how they go through more condoms & lube than a brothel LOL! But its better than holding onto 2 ltrs of water :shock:

Sorry I haven't been around much guys, things have been stressful and I never like to bring everyone down with me. But things are looking up now little WR2 is doing fine, we got to see & hear the heartbeat yesterday at our dating scan (had it early due to some bleeding). I started to cry when I heard it, I don't know what it is but its soooooo emotional!

Hope everyone is well, and I promise to catch with everyone personally soon!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I bet I would cry too Cai!

Sal, you will love developmental psyc. I found it so interesting and you're right with it being SO relevant to you right now. I cant wait to put what I have learnt into practice, myself! By the way Sal, wondered if you had read Heather's post in Birth Stories - seems she also used hypnobirthing. How is it going with looking into that? Its something that Im sure I would be interested in too...

Take care of your buns everyone!

Hoping to join you in the not too distant future, along with a whole bunch of others from LT TTC...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast