Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ March 2006 #2

Thanks Trish, I dare say they will do somethin, like morning tea.. :-)

Gab, fine thnx. Lov all the pickies of ur cute lil man.

Sush, nah my feet haven't really been painful as such, mainly uncomfy/awkward, specially tryin to walk, hehe. & touch wood, they haven't been as swollen since 4 days after those photos. :-)
    Yay on DH changin his mind, more your way, but they're all nice names. :-)

Anna, hope ur DH is feelin ok & great to hear that that fellow is gonna face court.

Carrie, I do remember u, u had those gorgeous fluffy dogs in ur av didnt u? Great to hear ur lil girl is thriving, luv ur pics too.

Mel, congrats on ur anniv. I've been curious bout this TENS machine too, cant wait to hear the info. :-)
    I've seen bits n pieces of the games too, I especially enjoyed the 2 aussie gymnasts, especially Chloe whom was comin 1st last I saw.
    What's this about a 'secret handshake'? Never heard of it before. :-)

Patient-Rose Guest

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for no personals, I will go back and catch up on everything once I've written this. I was just wondering if Beccy was anywhere near the cyclone, her profile says Far North Queensland. We used to live in Mission Beach and still have a house up there which we holiday rent. We have rung a few friends up there who weren't evacuated but none of them are able to leave their homes yet, they're either flooded in or trees are blocking their driveway access. I wonder if our little villa is still standing! :-k

Anyway, I hope you're okay Beccy.

Sorry I haven't been joining in lately, I'm still actually trying to come to terms with the fact I'm pregnant. 8-[ If it wasn't for the slight nausea when I'm hungry and the constant trips to the loo I'd be wondering if it were all a hoax. Anyway, I have my first appointment wtih my obs on Thursday, I presume he'll do an ultrasound, I can't wait to see the little peanut again.

Hope you're all having a great day.

Btw, my bubs is an ICSI wonder too! Thank God for ICSI, it was my only ray of hope through the cloud of pain when none of my 16 eggs fertilised on our first IVF cycle despite both eggs and sperm seeming to be perfectly healthy.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Hang in there Rose - seeing bub's heartbeat will be so exciting

Hope your villa is okay !

Thanks for making me feel welcome everyone!
    Skye and Rose- Go ICSI! Congrats to you both on your pregnancies. Rose, the first weeks are difficult aren’t they? I just couldn’t wait to have some tangible signs that I was pg.

Mel- Congratulation on your 6 years. You and hubby must be getting pretty excited about meeting your little one soon, have you got everything ready…the nursery etc? What hospital are you going to?
    Hope that the TENS class is good. During my labour I had pethadene, which didn’t feel like it did much and then the gas just before I went in to have the c-section. The gas was GREAT!

Sushee- Not much longer for you either. I know it’s probably a bit early to be thinking about a next time, but I just love being a mum. I also worry that I won’t be as lucky next time and that it will take a long time. Anyway, for now I want to enjoy Kyla!

Shell-Yep I do have to fluffy pups – they’ve taken a bit of a backseat to Kyla these days which they are not too happy about!
    I had a look at your pics – wow your feet look painfully swollen! Do the Dr’s have to keep an eye on the swelling? I can’t get over your nursery and the amount of clothes etc, do you have other kids?

Kyla saw the Pead today and he’s really happy with her – he said to start her on solids now which should be fun!

Carrie - your DD is gorgeous - I love her smile in the next lot of photos.

Hi Trish, Thanks.
    I had a look at your web page and saw your beautiful babies! How lucky you are!
    Did you have 2 eggs put back? What sort of IVF did you do?

yes 2 @ 6 day blasts - they are fraternal - we did normal IVF - DH were good swimmers :smt079 -on stim cycle #2
    and one less thing to worry about - was your DD concieved on your cycle#1

Yep - we were very lucky! I was on the injections for 3 weeks as my follies weren't growing - in the end we only had one viable egg and no sno bubs. So next time around we will have to do a full cycle.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Carrie,

You're proof it only takes one egg! Little Kyla is proof!

I still have one 5 day blast in the freezer, and DH and I have decided that we'll have that one transferred in May 2007, all going well. It's not the best blast, only having started with one pronucleus when first observed, so the chances are slim if anything. But we don't want to leave any soldier behind, so to speak! But aside from that, we're not going to go back to IVF or try for any more children. So this will likely be my last pg. And I've only got slightly over 3 weeks left at most! #-o

My sister dropped off a box of baby clothes so my mission today - should I accept it - is to go through the box and decide if I want any. I mentioned before that my sister smokes while carrying her baby and initially I declined all her offers of clothes. But these have only been worn while her bub was a couple of weeks old, before my sister started smoking again, so I've said I'd have a look.

Hope everyone is well. Skye, caught sight of your new av! How fab!

15 days until we meet Mel's little William!

love
    sushee

Skye, lovely preggy belly av.

Rose, hope u get to have a quick u/s at ur aptmt.

Carrie, nah it's all good, not pre-ecl as no protein & BP is fine. Nope, this is our 1st too. I got the majority of the clothes/linen from garage sales, got some real bargains if i dont say so myself. Also some clothes/toys from friends/relo's for xmas.
    Wow, success with 1 egg on 1st IVF go, awesome. Was my first AIH. Hope Kyla like's starting solids. :-)

Sushee, that's great news on the clothes. U never know, like u said, it only takes 1. :-)

Mel, I see u'll be full term as of tomorrow, so could be anytime over the next 4wks now, very exciting.

Yay - I'm back!!! Wow I've missed you guys. Everything is good at our end finally. We got home last Thursday, way too long in hospital but to cut a long story short Noah had jaundice and was then on antibiotics for an infection from my waters being broken for so long (will work on my birth story!), he also lost a lot of weight because of feeding problems - breastfeeding is SO HARD! Anyway we are home now, back up to birth weight and going well. Can see why sleep deprivation is used as a torture method!

OK - L&B storu very quickly. Membranes ruptured at 7pm on the Thursday night, had light contractions from 2-9am getting to 8 minutes apart. Midwife arrived and contractions stopped dead... Got to 7pm Friday night and because it was now 24 hours since membrane rupture we had to go to hospital to be put on antibiotics. Got there about 11pm and hooked up to monitors etc. Had some fairly regular tough going contractions all night, some one on top of the other but still going nowhere. Labour was all in my back so felt like Noah was trying to come out my anus!! Wouldn't you know it contractions stopped again in the morning! Went in to be hooked up to syntocinon drip at 11.45am (2cms dilated by now) and laboured until 7pm, an internal here showed I had only dilated to 4cms. I had a breakdown here as I thought I had been coping so well, basically they needed to crank the drip right up - contractions became too much after no sleep for two nights so called for epidural. Laboured for another couple of hours but another internal showed no further progress and Noah's head still moving around a lot trying to find the way out! Was now 50 hours since waters broke so wheeled into theatre for c-section. Was a big relief to get him out and see that he was perfect. They were laughing in theatre at the size of him and the fact it took a couple of goes to get him out via c-section! All in all it was about as far removed as possible from our original birth plan but still a positive experience to finally have our wee miracle in our arms.

Anyway I will write up my story properly soon but that's our labour in a nutshell.

Hope you guys are all well - look forward to more prcious babies arriving over the next few weeks.

XX

skyelar Guest

Awww Amy I am so glad to see you back!

Sorry to hear things didn't go to plan but what a huge relief it must have been to have him here safe & sound!

I just love the name Noah & I hope he is doing well after jaundice & infection.

Rest up & can't wait to see some piccies of your baby :boy:

Thanks for my preggy av comments ladies. I was going to wait till 12 weeks but couldn't hold out

Have a great day everyone :flower:

Hi Girls,

Just a quick post before I jump in the shower. I posted yesterday but something was up with the forums (I know one of them was showing the current year as 1970 so that can't be good). I believe Kelly was working on them overnight and they seem to be back to normal now.

Skye, yes that is a lovely avatar. Does it seem more real now? =)

Amy - wonderful to see you and to hear that you and Noah are going well. My, what a story! I'm only glad it all worked out well in the end.

Talk to you ladies later ... I'll be back for more personals.

Love,

Mel

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

14 days until we meet Mel's little William!

Morning all,

Amy, OMG it's so great to see you back! It sounds like you have had a trying couple of weeks, but it's so good to hear you're home now and settling in. I can't wait to see pics of Noah, and to read your whole birth story. It sounds like you went through a lot in labour, so it's fantastic that you're so positive and happy.

Skye, I got my pg av at 10 weeks too. How can you wait? It's too exciting!

Mel, the countdown is well and truly on for you. Only two weeks until your due date! I check everyday to see if you've posted. Are you going to sms one of us to let us know when the big event happens?

As for me, had a bit of a horrid night last night. Bub, who's usually incredibly active all day, must have decided on a four hour sleep yesterday evening, coz I didn't feel one movement in all that time. We LTTTC women just don't take that sort of thing well, already having high levels of paranoia. At about 11pm, was near tears wanting to go to the hospital to get checked out, but DH calmed me down and got me to hop in the shower. I had a cold shower coz it was so hot here in Perth even at that time of night, and that obviously woke baby up, coz by the time I got back into bed at midnight, bub was awake and doing somersaults. Phew! Then of course I couldn't sleep well the rest of the night, constantly waking to see if bub was moving.

The little tyke is busily having hiccups as we speak, so in the light of day, I feel kinda stupid, but I'm putting down to last tri madness, and that's the story I'm sticking to!

love
    sushee

to you sush i hear ya on the paranoia glad bub stsrted to play by the rules and ease your mind

my wee one has so kindly decided thati haven't had enough worry either i've been having BH/ contractions since 4.20 am this morning every 5 to 6 minutes the pain is decreasing now which is good in one way but if i were to go into labour today i say

Bring It ONNNNNNN

how much practise does ones body really need ....... i mean come on i have done this before ... ](*,)

whats a make a bet i go 2 weeks over due ](*,)

Amy, great to c u back & now doin well, holdin out for the pickies & new ticker.

Sush, ur gonna be a wreck if u dont get some rest, hope u can get some rest today... :-)

Shazz, hope bub's stays in a bit longer for u though, so u can all go home together.

I am ecstatic (and still amazed and in shock) that we have "almost to infinity" nt results, which is as close to perfect as you can get.

Woohoo \/

WTG Sheree i'm very pleased for you both \/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast