Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ March 2006 #2

Awesome results Sheree, I was wonderin how u were doin. :-)

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Wooohooo Sheree! Excellent news!

I've got a date tonight to go see 'Menopause the Musical' with MIL and wouldn't you know it, getting loads of BHs, and am getting even more exhausted now than after last night's [email protected] sleep.

DH is saying I should cancel, but just can't do that to my MIL. Oh well, here's hoping I enjoy it so much it'll be worth the late night!

love
    sushee

Hi!
    Amy – So happy that you and Noah are well and home, hope that you’re getting some rest when you can, the sleep dep can send you crazy!
    Sush- That’s great that you still have one sno bub! And you never know your luck….I can’t imagine having 5 kids!! Hope you enjoy you’re night onece you get out.
    Shell, Shazz, Mel and Skye – hope you are all going well. Shazz- I hope also that bubs can hold on a bit longer for you (a lot less stress for you and as Shell commented, you don’t want to have to leave your bubs in hospital…so hold on if you can!)
    Sheree- that’s great re: the nt result. It’s always a relief!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Excellent news Sheree \/

Mel - any niggles or news for us ?

Hang in there Ryan - Shazz hope you are feeling better !

Hi Trish - How are you doing today??

Hi again lovelies,

Sheree - great results on the NT scan ... it's such a relief, isn't it?

Sushee - glad to hear everything is okay after your scare last night. I'm hearing you on the hiccups. Some people just love their amniotic fluid! It's good about the clothes too ... consider it a peace offering from your sister if that helps.

Trish - I read your update thread about the bone marrow story. I'm on the registry too and have never been contacted in all that time (16 years now I think it is). How amazing that they happen to find a match now! I can understand a little how you feel about the situation ... you want to help but it's just bad timing and the circumstances cut very close to personal experience in your case which must make it hard. I couldn't believe the coincidence.

Well the sun has just gone down and there have been no further changes today. Just me sleeping a lot and having bouts of nausea and Braxton Hicks intermittently.

The TENS machine is easy to use (those of you who were interested) so I can highly recommend trying to get your hands on one. This one was hired through a physiotherapist but apparently some hospitals have them or if not, they can direct you to somewhere where it can be hired. The cost is also recoverable on some private health insurance plans apparently.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. They say that the sooner you start using it in first stage, the more effective it is as it floods the area with endorphins which will help counteract the pain of the contractions. It looks expensive so I hope I don't end up throwing it across the room.

Two new photos are now on Willmartin's website. One is of his bed and the other is of my gut. I was just comparing this shot to the other ones DH has taken previously and there is a BIG difference. I should post some of the earlier ones for comparison (provided you can stand the sight of me in my pyjamas, looking washed out).

Hope you are all doing well and I'll chat again tomorrow.

Love,

Mel

PS: Sush, sorry I forgot to say that Hayseed has kindly offered to let everyone know when WM arrives so keep a watch for her post! Thanks for asking though.

Carrie - I am doing well - eating very well and enjoying this bit.

Mel - I have been on the register a while too - the timing is bad I just hope [-o< they have another match for the person. Dad went through a few rounds of chemo first before they finally decided on bone marrow (stem cell) transplant -then they took a while checking if his siblings matched -only 1 of 5 did.

My friends DH was a match for a child with leukemia and donated bone marrow.My uncle gave Dad his peripheral transplant of stem cells (like blood transfusion) - they gave Uncle injections for a few days to pump up stem cells production - then extracted them via blood collection machine (?) but friends DH was full on GA and bone marrow extraction from hip I think. I was just on phone to her but we got cut off before I could ask. Busy talking other stuff

Hope your TENS machine works a treat and you soon get to put it to use.

Yaye Sheree on great NT results! \/ \/

Mel,

Yay on Hayseed keeping us informed. I had visions of you disappearing and the suspense killing the rest of us!

Only 13 days until we meet Mel's little William

Taking DD to work, will BBL!

love
    sushee

I'm back!

Mel, I just realised looking at your pic of your pg self that I don't actually have any pg pics of me with my head in the shot! If not for the tattoos, you wouldn't even know it was me! Could be anyone!

I love your photo, you look so serene, not washed out!

Thanks also on the info on the TENS machine. SJOGM's physio hires them out, and teaches you how to use it. I will look into it. DH brought home some info on hypobirthing as well, which is done through SJOG Subi, but I told him I think we've left it a little late for that!

On another note, last night I dreamt that I went into labour while my MIL and I were at Menopause the Musical and she had to drive me to the hospital. I told her the contractions were too painful for me, and that I wanted to go back to the theatre. Just then I woke up, and was actually having a huge, painful contraction! A bit of a shock, I tell you! For a second, I thought that this was it! It didn't reoccur though, just a few uncomfy BHs after, but I remember the first thing I thought was no, I'm not ready! I still have three weeks! I want my three weeks!

Lol!

love
    sushee

Just back from ob, so updating, but can hear the echo in here...so quiet!

Dr reckons he's sure I won't go early now. He reckons I should get to 38-40 weeks, but probably not over (famous last words) He also is pleased with bub's growth, and reckons it will be a good sized bub, not overly big either. His guesstimate is 8lbs or so at term, which sounds good to me.

BP was 115/70, so still nice and low. He laughed at my waddling though!

love
    sushee

Gee, it is quiet in here!
    Great photo's Mel...I bet you can't wait to have your beautiful liitle one in the bassinet.
    I just read your web page and you had me in tears re: pusster.
    Sush-I'm glad all is going well and that you're likely to get your 3 weeks.

I've been shopping today with Kyla and my sister. Kyla has turned me into a shop-a-holic, I love looking at baby clothes, toys....baby anything really. I bought her a blow up rollng tube - I can lie her on her tummy on it and roll her (an attempt to get her to like being on her tummy). Also got a shade for the stroller.

Hola Lovelies ...

Sush - LOL at your dream!! Our minds play havoc with our bodies ... or is that the other way around? I'm glad your doc thinks you will go closer to term. I really hope you get your three weeks! And yeah, how do we know that the belly with the butterflies IS really you? =) Thanks for not thinking I look washed out in that photo ... wait till you see the others!

Carrie - Oh I love shopping for the baby too so I understand. I'm fixated on mobiles at the moment ... can't find one under $80.00!! Any suggestions?? Thanks also for your feedback on WM's website. Dear old Pusster ... not a moment goes by when I don't think of him. I can't imagine when that will change.

Gee, it is quiet in here, isn't it? I wonder what everyone is up to? I've been scrubbing the bathroom and having my toenails painted by someone else but I don't know about the rest of you. Hope someone will check in today.

Have a great weekend. Still more lovely weather in Melbourne ... I can't believe our luck! I'm thinking Willmartin may end up being too warm in his little coming home outfit. I may just have to go shopping again!

Talk to you all later.

Mel

Hi Mel - Have you tried Target or Baby bumting for mobiles? Kyla has a cow on a long spring that you hang from the roof. It's above her change table and she absolutly loves it - it was from baby bunting.

DH, Kyla and I are off to the mornington penninsula for the weekend to stay with my mum and dad at a time share. Should be fun and great weather for it!

Hope everyone has great weekends!!

Talk to you Monday

skyelar Guest

Hello everyone!!

Mel I have a baby Einstein one here that I never used for my DD (didn't match my colour scheme how anal is that ) anyways it is yours if you want it, was over $100 new & is lovely but just not my taste. Will try & send a photo if you are interested.

Hope you are all well, Sush lol at your dream won't be long till we are on Sushee watch

I have my NT scan on Monday, can't wait to see my lil bebe again \/

Mel - are you accepting LV ? I can't believe how close you are.

The photos look lovely btw.

How a lovely day - Carrrie at Wiggles \/

It has been very quiet in here lately - we must all be :sleeping:

Justine is on holidays. Where is everyone else ?

It will be so lonely in a few weeks when you all deliver your precious cargo. Bring on lots of BFP please [-o< for girls in LTTTC - especially Nola & Chele in 2ww. Shez I am not sure about ?

I am sure there are others but I don't know them all yet.There has been an influx of newbies. The odds are they must start on in here soon.

I saw Kelly W (twins) beautiful belly shot and you should check it out . I just can't imagine being so huge. You have to go to twins threads to see.

Skye, Rose & Didge where and how are you ?

Sheree how are you ?

Shazz - how are the BH today .I hope your BSL's are good.

Sushee - how it the little'un and your DD ?

Hello to all our MIA Mummies !

Skye - sorry I posted at same time - goodluck for NT scan yay on 12wks .

[-o< for Keen to get in here very soon too.

I am 5 months today !

skyelar Guest

Thanks Trish & congrats on being 5 months today!

I have finally started working on a website for bubs. I have loaded a few pictures, the ultrasound ones aren't great as I don't have a scanner here. I can't manage to get the photos in the gallery the same size either :-k

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast