Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ May 2006

skyelar Guest

LOL ouchy on the big head! Her head was 38cm which was no picnic :eek:
    Am off to read your birth story now!!

Aww happy birthday Sush

Hope all you lovely ladies are keeping well in here.

Skye, congrats & happy shoppin. :-)

Sush, happy b'day. Hope Charlie's colic doesn't last long & yay on the healthy weight gain for bub & weight loss for u.
    Holly weighed 4.14kg yesterday clothed so she too has put on 1kg since birth. Hmmm, me too, I still haven't posted a birth story either. :-)

We had some B&W photos done (skovgaardphotography) Thu, get proofs & order form next wk, can't wait to see them. Unfortunately though Holly has broken out in heaps of milk pimples & more appearing all the time, so hope they don't show up. DH took 2 photos yesterday morning & I love them but had to convert them to B&W & Sepia so can't see redness. :-)

Happy B'day Sushee!!!!!!!!!

Shell - I bet the photos of Holly will be absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!

I had my ob appt yesterday, it was with a fill in ob as mine is on holiday's. He was thorough enough, but nowhere near the bedside manner of my wonderful ob. The baby is very healthy and apparently very big........ I had a monotoring as well as they need to do that twice a week now due to the diabetes.

I am wrapped that everything is going well but something else happened that is completely stressing me out. Two years ago, I had to have a disc in my back removed and a spinal fusion with an implant due to a work injury. I have an appt with the anaesetist in two weeks and I have been told that there is a huge possibility that they will need to give me a general for the c/s as they may not be able to do an epidural etc. I have been absolutely beside myself since they told me this yesterday. I know I need to wait to see what he says in a couple of weeks, but I can't help worrying. There is absolutely no way I want to be out of it when my bub is born and it is scaring the crap out of me. I will do anything not to have a general............. Sorry for whinge.............

Anyway, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend & I'll be back later on.

Love to all

Alicia

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Ali
    I am sorry for the uncertainty - though you never know what the anaesthetist will say :fingers crossed:no matter what way bub comes you will be there soon enough for him/her afterwards and have them tightly in your arms.

From what I have read is it a quick op - then most of time takes DR to sew you back up and your DH can be with bub while you are in recovery.

Shell- I think Holly's pics will be gorgeous too she is adorable.

I hope everyone here has a Happy Mother's Day and a great weekend

ness4 Guest

Happy birthday for yesterday Sushee

Justine & Shell thanks for the well wishes - I am hoping it will go faster as I have been waiting for 3 years to fall pg, but I am still happy to be here & will wait patiently for the next 3 months.

Alicia - I'm sorry for your disc problem I have my fingers crossed for you that the docs can find a way that will be of benifit to both you and your bub - did you read my first post in the previous thread about cord/blood donation (there is a gov funded scheme that is free - for details just email me [email protected]) (don't think that I can put web sites on this forum)

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Thanks everyone for their birthday wishes, I'm a little late but Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely mums, new mums and mums-to-be!

Am having a better time lately with Charlie, have adopted some techniques to deal with his colic and they seem to be helping. He's also started to look into your face and turns to you when you talk to him, which is exciting! I can't seem to stop taking pictures of him either (his website is overflowing, I had to cut some back! Lol!)

It's been quiet in here, which I'm hoping is coz everyone's travelling along nicely!

New ticker photo was taken yesterday, Charlie was 4 weeks old!

love
    sushee

Sushee- the photos are just lovely, can totally understand why you're taking lots of photos. Enjoy your lovely bundle.

Afternoon ladies.

tiggy Guest

hi girls,
    After Sushee's beautiful story, I felt inspired to finish and post Ivy and Noah's story. It's up if anyone is interested.

It is so well told Tiff

So inspiring...

Alicia, hope u dont need general

Sushee, Charlie looks adorable

I'll have to check out these birth stories. :-)

OMG Trish you are soooo close - congratulations - 57 days well done. So happy for you.

thanks LOL - Sheree I was just coming in to post you congratulations on 20wks - plus
    CONGRATUALTIONS - HALF WAY
    to everyone

It's just amazing how quickly it seems everyone's pgs are coming along! Trish, it'll only be a month and a half before you get to see your beautiful boys, and Sheree, it seems like only yesterday you were announcing you were pg!

Then again, it only seems like yesterday that I found out I was pg, and now Charlie's a month old already.

I said to DH last night that I really want to go back for that last embryo late this year and I think he's softening to the idea now. He absolutely dotes on his son and I think the idea of more children is starting to appeal to him. I think the only thing that stops him is the thought of it costing us another $15 - 20k to have another child, so he doesn't want to get his hopes up, and considers himself lucky to have one beautfiul child already.

Also took Charlie for his renal ultrasound today and he's been given the all clear. Not that there was any indication that anything was ever wrong, but because Shay had a dilated kidney at birth, all boys born to me have to have an ultrasound. Nice that all is normal, so one less thing to worry about.

Shell, glad to see you pop in. I hope BFing is back to normal for you after those anti-histamines. Also, can't wait to see the pics of Holly, I'm sure they'll be gorgeous and those pesky milk spots won't show. They don't show on the pics I (constantly) take of Charlie, and he's got a fair few too.

Ali, my anaesthetist thought he'd have problems with my epi as well, coz the gap between my vertebrae was smaller than normal, but it went in no probs. Hopefully you'll have equally good news.

Tiff, wanted to say that I absolutely loved your birth story. I reckon it should be published somewhere, it was so well written, and so full of emotion.

To everyone else Hope you're all keeping well!

love
    sushee

Ali- how are you going?

Hi Sushee - yeah how time flies! I'm still very impatient and wish bubs was full term already LOL.

It'll happen before you know it, and then, holy cow, will you miss the sleep you were having before the birth! Lol!

Yay Sheree, over half way.

It does feel like everyone's preg is flying, just not for those preggy.

Great results Sush. Holly's hip u/sound follow up was good today too. As for BF, yep supply back, although still havin biting issues, she's near tearing my poor nipple off now, flattens it. hehe. Man she has a temper too.

Well the drafts/proofs os the B&W photos are now avail in my www, until DH looks & tells me to remove some.

tiggy Guest

Thanks Sush,

It took a long time to get it just right.
    I've printed it off to keep for Ivy and Noah when they want to know all about their birth.
    It was very therapeautic for me to write it all down.

Glad to hear that your precious Charlie is all clear. His photos are just beautiful.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast