Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ November/December '05

Trish, awesome news, I suspected all along u were having twins as ur levels were so high.

Humphrey, good luck for today.

Sush, great to hear, hmm, might have to find myself a 4th pillow, hehe :-) Exlnt on DH comin round to shoppin.

Shazz, hope u get an all clear for GD. Have a good hol.

Jo, that's great, less travel & not long to go.

Amandaw, huge congrats & welcome, hope there's more behind u.

Mel, hope that asthma stays away, I notice the difference in my breathing & I'm not even asthmatic. Also, yay on the bubby stuff.

Tiff, great photos, xlnt news, hope bubbies can come home real soon.

Well back at work this morning, my 1wk hol was not a hol really, have been run off my feet since tue. Carpet in & all furniture/stuff back in place & had rellies over Sun for xmas as we'll be away. Now have nursery pretty much setup, except cot needs painting b4 it goes in. Man my feet have paid the price & been getting BH alot over last few days, not just when I lie in bed, so can take it easier now. Will have to post some b4 & after pickies of the house soon... :-) Back on hols again next wk, yay, a relaxing one this time.

Tiff they are so cute!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Awww Tiff, they are too cute! And in my mind, they looked a lot smaller too! I got all clucky looking at the pics!

Mel, I haven't yet had an asthma attack, so have been lucky. Hope it's not an on-going thing. It's bad enough your lungs getting squashed without your airways closing up as well!

Shell, can't wait to see piccies of your hard work!

Humphrey, can't wait to hear the news about your scan today.

Sal, I too think something's up with Tam. Anyone seen her around lately?

well, personally, I do believe that my DH is now relaxing a bit too. Last night when I was talking to him about the car seats he started going on about how we still have four months to go, but the conviction just wasn't there, so I'm sure he's softening.

In fact, he went out yesterday arvo to get paint, rollers and the various items he needed to paint bub's room this weekend. He reckons he's going to start prepping the room while I'm getting Christmas dinner ready, and has chosen a lovely creamy beige "so it can be a boy's or girl's room" so I'm sure his protests are just talk! Lol!

Also had his hand on my tum next to my hand when the little'un gave a nice hard kick. I felt it no probs but he reckons he couldn't? I told him that in 5 weeks or so there'll be no mistaking it! He's kinda down-hearted about it now! Lol! Poor chicken.

Okay, has anyone developed stretch marks yet? I've discovered a few more last night!

love
    sushee

Tiff - your bubbas so gorgeous!!!!

I saw my little bubba today..... such a relief to see that little heart beating away. I was dated at 7 weeks 5 days so right on track. My bulging belly and constant bathroom breaks were assuring but nothing beats seeing the real thing.

Thanks for my early Christmas present Santa \/

Sorry guys I am still around and still pg.

How has everyone else been??? Sorry still been really really busy making sure that everything is ready to go in case these 2 decide to arrive at the last minute. So now we are set, have bought everything, nursery fully set up (I have photos on the web) and car seats already in the car.

Tiff Noah and Ivy are just beautiful!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Aw Tam, I got all excited there for a minute! Not that I'm not glad that the bubs have some more time in your tum. I had a squiz at your website, wow everything looks great!

Humph, congrats on an excellent scan! You're right, it is a lovely Chrissy present!

Well, just had a chat with the big boss and my last day of work is officially going to be the 17th of February, when I'll be almost 32 weeks. I originally was going to go at 34 weeks, but spoke to DH and he said that if I wanted to leave earlier I should. Luckily the big boss' wife is also pg (28 weeks) and is in the process of giving notice to her work to leave at 30 weeks coz she's finding working too much, so he happily understood how I was feeling.

So I'm on countdown now! Just under 9 weeks left of work! Woohoo!

love
    sushee

Congrats on ur scan Humphrey, thats great news, especially at xmas.

Sal & Tam watch must have started, hmmm, who's gonna be first. :-)

Sush, yay on getting work all sorted out. I'm planning on stoppin at 36wks (17/3) but am tempted to stay on til the end, as it would mean I can use my holidays as part of my maternity leave, bringing me closer to my 5yr mark (31/7) for long service leave, but don't think I could, hehe.

Sal Guest

Hi girls!

Humphrey, woohoo on a great scan!

Tam, glad to hear you are still around and all is well. You are super organised, puts me to shame!

Sush, yay on having a date that you can count down towards being a lady of leisure. No, I still don't have any stretchmarks, but I promise to let you know when they do appear. I believe they are inevitable. I watched a Foxtel documentary on this young woman having twins. She was really thin, but had this huge belly, and her belly was almost completely red with stretchmarks. I just thought 'ouch' as it must have hurt to have the skin blown up to such a size that the collagen tore in so many places like that.

Gab and Tiff, would love for some new photos of your bubs and also birth stories (gee I'm a nag!).

Well, news from me: I have a flight booked to Canberra on Feb 18th. This is a one-way flight as DH and I are moving there. Our bub might only be 2 weeks old then, if he comes late, but there is NO work around this area so we are forced to move somewhere. It is going to be very hectic, DH is going to drive our car down there, then find work and a place to live, then fly back and load a truck and drive our stuff down (we are talking a 13hr trip, not taking into account any stops). So along with being a new dad, he has a huge amount on his plate. Mum is very disappointed that we won't be living around here, but understands that we have to move where there is work. Brisbane is a closer option, but we didn't like living there, and we don't want to move back to Sydney either. I tell you what, it was weird booking a flight for me and also putting bub in as an infant passenger, and having to put his name on the booking too!

I think TamWatch has officially started! I predict that her bubs will arrive between xmas and new year.

Sal, what happened to the postie job (have I missed something). WOW can't believe that you are moving. You could always move to Melb.........hehehehe. No, I love Melb.

I am with you Sal - re estimated arrival time of Declan and Rylee.

Yay Sush on having an end date to work.

Sal Guest

Tam, what transpired with the postie job is that DH was offered a set number of weeks' work and training, with no official obligation for Aus Post to offer more work. He was led to believe, however, that there was heaps of work available. Since he was hired, there have been three other trainees hired and an existing casual employee was put off work due to the number of trainees. So...after the second week of January DH has been told that there is no work in Ballina, and there is not likely any work available in the surrounding areas due to the number of trainees placed around. We could just wait and hope for more work, but that could just mean that DH is sitting around, relying on Centrelink - which is a yucky option. So we're taking the bull by the horns and moving to where we know there is work. Really bad timing, but we've got no choice (seeing as I need to stay put to have bub).

Hehe other people have suggested Melbourne, DH actually likes the weather down there but neither of us have family, so it's a bit too far from everyone. I have my two brothers and sister living in Canberra and I grew up there, so it won't be such a shock for me to move back there.

Tam, are Declan and Rylee still heads down, bums up? Is it anticipated that you will have a 'straight forward' birth?

tiggy Guest

Sal,

I just put a couple of photos up for you.
    They were taken yesterday, after their first bath. Noah, weighed in at 1930g yesterday!!! and little Ivy is now 1780g!! WOOHOO.

OMG at your big move!!!! You will be so busy. February is going to be a big month for you.

Tam, I'm thinking of you, hun, counting down the days!

Sal Guest

Tiff, OMG at how much weight they've gained already! And soooo cute, too (DH not bad either ). An ignorant question, but how long are they likely to need the nasogastric tubes?

Yep, Feb is going to be a big month for me, DH and bub. Shannon, that's sweet - funny how most of the BB 'family' is in Melbourne, huh?!?!

Tiff - Ivy & Noah are soooo gorgeous. How are you doing?

Sush - No stretch marks yet, I'm sure they will happen before long. I didn't get any with Jack, but I'm sure they are just around the corner this time round.

Humphrey - Woohoo on a great scan \/ When are all you next bits and bobs?

Nothing much to report here. I'm hating this weather, it's too warm and everything is swelling up by the end of the day. Started buying duplicates of Jack's bath things etc, so will only have to pack clothes last minute. Apart from the sewing which i'm hoplessly behind with, I do believe that i am up to date.

*Naughty kitten update*
    We had to rush out and buy another Christmas tree on Saturday night. Rosie decided to climb our nicely decorated one with Kaleido hot on her heels. The tree toppled over and we heard a crack as it went down, it had snapped right down at the base where most of the weight goes. no way of fixing it. DH had to rush out to Safeway, the only place open and buy another one which is pretty poxy, but what can you expect for $15.00? Anyway Jack was none the wiser, well he didn't let on hehe. Blasted kittens

Time for a new thread ladies HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678