Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ November/December '05

Sal Guest

Oh Gab, Tomas is so cute!! Hope you get a few minutes to pen your birth story, am looking forward to reading it.

Trish, hope all is OK with you, your scan is on Thurs isn't it?

Sush, bummer that you're back at work. How come DH has nixed buying baby stuff til 27w (what is significant about 27w)?

Am feeling sooooo bored today, can't believe how the days are passing by so slowly since becoming a lady of leisure. I have the bub stuff pretty much all sorted, so don't have any 'projects' left to do. Have decided that I'm going to start willing labour to come on as soon as I hit 37w...

How's everyone's week started?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sal,

he read somewhere that at 27 weeks, the chance of a preterm bub surviving is 95%. I think he should read less.

Never mind him, I probably should wait until the carpets are laid, which will be when I'll be 26 weeks anyway, so it isn't worth arguing about. I already have mountains of things to move out of the rooms, don't need to add to it just yet! Lol!

Gabby, Tomas is such a sweetie! So cute and cuddly. Sal, will be willing labour for you too from 37 weeks!

love
    sushee

tiggy Guest

Gabby,
    Tomas is sooooooo gorgeous!!!
    Wish I was that organised! Sorry, no pics yet.

Ivy and Noah are doing really well. Ivy has been off her breathing tube for three days now and even had a little attempt at a BF yesterday! She is on a little bit of caffeine because she keeps forgetting to breathe (very common in premmie babies) other than that, she is great, I am enjoying the little kangaroo cuddles that I get very much

Noah is on his 4th trial off the CPAP (breathing tube) today and fingers crossed all is going well, even got his face cleaned up and got rid of all the sticky stuff holding it in place.

I am loving being a Mummy all over again, with these squidgy, wriggly little things. I have changed several nappies! I even got to do Ivy's sponge bath yesterdasy, it was heaven. I am a bit of a blubbering mess most days, doing all the little things that I never got to do with William but I am sooo happy at the same time.

I'll talk to you all soon. I don't know where to go, so hope you don't mind me hanging around here for a while until I find my place in the forums!

Hugs to you all, hope you and your bubs are doing great, Shazz, do you need an extra straight jacket? It is the sparkly one I wore for the caesarean, I think I'm hanging it up for good!

Hi Girls,

Just dropped in quickly to say that Tomas is a dead set spunk!

I'll be back later after work. Hope you lovely ladies are all well and Trish, I'm thinking of you for your upcoming scan.

Love,

Mel

Sal Guest

Sush, LOL your DH should definitely be reading less - I thought that sort of thinking was just for us paranoid mummies-to-be!!

Tiff, that's great to hear that Ivy and Noah are doing so well. Please do hang around in this forum, once you do find some new forums let us know where you go so that we can see how you're going. I know your birth story will be ultra scary, but I hope you get a chance to pen it too. Oh, and piccies will be lovely when you get a chance! Ooh, giving squidgy wriggly little bubs baths and kangaroo cuddles sounds wonderful, can't wait to have my own squidgy little wriggly.

Mel, I'm not platinum anymore (you'll notice my av has disappeared) due to finances being diabolical. So I replied to your PM by sending you an email, hope you got it.

It's sort of thunder storming here at the mome, so am being a bit naughty being on the computer...better go switch it off, huh!

Morning all,
    hope you are all well

Gab ~ Tomas is a beautiful baby a huge congrats again

Tiff ~ that sparkerly straight jacket sounds like the go lol i am getting better i think now that 1) i have reached 20 weeks 2) i get booted most of the time so yay bring on the next 20 weeks i'm ready for for it 8-[
    I'm so glad glad Noah and Ivy are doing so well you'll have them both home before you know it \/

Sush ~ yay at your first purchase how exciting i still haven't brought anything other then baby bath stuff i have my friends ringing me all the time asking when am i coming to pick up the countless items of baby gear they have for me but i just haven't been game to jinx anything i'll get there eventually

Trish ~ Where are you ??? i hope evrything is super fine and your off resting hoping your scan goes well and i can't wait to hear all about it

well i went of to a physio yesterday for my back and hips apparently i have something wrong with my pelvis and lower back the hormones are relaxing everything a bit to much ( just great ) i have beeen given a whole heap of exercises to do and heat and cold packs etc etc i have a feeling i will be bed ridden before to long i can't believe the pain .... so apparently when i have BH contractions it is heighten by the pain in the pelvis and back ( nothing like a little reminder of what labour is going to be like 8-[ )

and on a happier note we leave on Thursday for holidays so i won't be around for the next 2 weeks or so unless i can find a nice little internet cafe while we are away( won't hubby love that he already thinks i am on here to much ) so i wanted to wish all the mummy's a very happy and healthy Christmas and New year hope santa finds you all .......

Gab he is too cute

Tiff good to hear that Ivy and Noah are doing well \/

Shazz, enjoy your hols, I know I did mine!

Tiff, I got all warm and fuzzy reading about Ivy and Noah, and I agree with Sal, can't wait until I have a squidgy one of my own! I'm so torn, want to be pg forever, but want to see my bub too! Can't have it both ways. I'm looking forward to your birth story.

Sal, DH is 100% more paranoid than me. I think becuase I've had three kids before, I feel more confident of things going right rather than wrong. Not completely, like with my first three, but more so than DH. I guess after 7 faileld IVFs, he can't help but think this is too good to be true, and keeps expecting something to go wrong. Poor DH, I think he won't truly believe it all until he's holding bub in his arms.

Small whinge from me: to coincide with my return to work, i've started having trouble sleeping. If I sleep on my left, I get bad cramps down the side of my belly and my thigh, and if I sleep on my right, my right hip and leg goes numb. I spent the last two nights tossing and turning, and poor DH sits up with me when I can't get comfortable so I don't feel lonely in the middle of the night, but I reckon he can't keep this up much longer either.

I got myself a body pillow over a week ago and it initialy helped, but the symptoms are back. Am thinking about a quick visit to my obgyn to discuss, but thought I'd ask you girls first. Any ideas? I'm exhausted the next morning and aching from hauling my belly from side to side all night. I nodded off at 9pm last night but still feel like I haven't slept a wink.

Trish, looking forward to hearing about your scan on Thurs!

love
    sushee

Sal Guest

Sush, I don't have any answers re sleeping. It's just the same for me, but getting worse night by night. I am the same, in that lying on my sides leads to my hips aching, even having a pillow between my legs doesn't help that. I'm starting to think that the solution is to be semi-reclined, a la on the couch propped up by lots of pillows LOL. If only I had one of those mechanical beds, I'm sure I'd sleep some.

Yes, I can understand how your DH must feel, imagine how emotional/rapt he's going to be when bub is in his arms!

Trish, hoping all is OK with you and look forward to hearing your good scan results on Thurs.

Hi Girls,

Thank you so much for all the compliments on Tomas - I am sooo bias but I will take them anyway, LOL!!

Can't chat unfortunately just at the minute, but I thought I would let you know that I posted a few more piccies on his web page if you wanna see!

Belly rubs to all of you and I hope everyone is well - hopefully hubby will take some time off in a few days, so should have time to chat and write our birth story then!

Hello Goddesses ...

Has everyone seen the festive avatars? :evil: This one is supposed to be evil but to me, he looks like he just got caught by the booze bus, driving home from the work Christmas party.

Gab - Tomas looks very much like you I think. Looking forward to hearing the birth story when you get a chance.

Sal - got your email ... thanks! I shall miss your red garbed avatar and her noble scotty dog but I feel their presence in these forums still ...

Sush - no wonder you don't feel rested, poor pet. I am at a loss for ideas for you because it sounds like you've tried everything you can think of. The propped up idea that Sal had sounds like a good one though. I slept like that after my laparoscopy which helped a bit. I guess you can only try and see how it goes.

Babydreams - enjoy your holidays and I hope your back feels better soon.

Tiff - wonderful news about your two little ones making such good progress. Please don't be in a hurry to leave us. Maybe we can talk the mods into yet another new forum ... Motherhood after LTTTC. That's complete end to end care for you and you will only find it at BB.

Humphrey - Pity about the morning sickness but I'm glad that things are going along nicely for you otherwise. I'm looking forward to your scan.

Trish - where are you pet? Hope everything is okay and that you have wonderful news for us soon.

I finally posted some text on William's website for anyone who is interested. DH has scanned in some belly shots at long last so they will be next up.

Hope you are all doing well and I'll chat again soon. I'm determined to get my posts up above the 1000 mark before Christmas.

Love,

Mel

Trish - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Once you see your precious little heart beating away you must come back and tell us all about it. Try not to worry honey (impossible I know).

Gabby, Tomas is absolutely gorgeous :-)

Tiff, can't wait to see some pickies.

Humphrey, I too can't remember if I've congratulated u or not yet, so huge congrats.
    Here's to an excellent scan for you & Trish.

Jo, good to hear your symptoms are clearing. My ear infections have cleared up as well & still sneezing a bit & stuffy after using the nasal spray. They say it's Allergic Rhinitis, common in pg, so maybe that's what u've got too.

Sush, have u thought bout seeing a chiro to see that everythin is ok in that dept? :-)

Shazz, seems we are sharing things hey, spotting, thrush, UTI, pelvis issues, BH, hehe. I had another chiro aptmt yesterday & he said my pelvis is still not staying put with weekly visits (were 2-3wkly b4 pg), again my left leg was shorter & sciatica has moved to my left leg (used to be right) & twinges/pinching nerve feeling in lower back, if I wake in to go to loo, it's hard to go back to sleep, this morning I ended up sleepin on recliner after loo trip. Oh well, hopefully it will go back to 3wkly visits again after pg. Yep, I've been getting BH too, more lately, but no pain, just feels wierd & only when lie on back. Obgyn aptmt yesterday, he said it is just body preparing itself & some people get it as early as 12wks. Fundal height measured 23wks & all is well. He didn't do a really quick scan to confirm bubby flavour as said his machine isn't as advanced, so have to wait 2mths as he'll be on hols for my next visit, oh well. Well I'm on hols this wk, but at home clearing way for carpet 7:30am Thur, can't wait, then can start putting things back & sell some stuff at garage sale.

Melbo, great story, there are soo many great stories in here, now by great I mean they have a fantastic ending.

Sal, 35wks tomorrow I see, awesome.

Shell, snap! I've made an appt with my chiro about my hips probs too. I haven't seen her since I fell pg but absolutely feel the need for her now. I have also found the most wonderful massage therapist, and she's been helping with the aches and pains from sitting at a computer all day too. Back ache is certainly under control!

Actually one of the mods, Linda, suggested loads of pillows, and mentioned that she sometimes used two between her legs when she slept. I tried that last night and heaven! I slept painfree all night! No numbness or pain or discomfort. I must go thank her for the advice. Something so simple....

Trish, I don't know if your scan is today or tomorrow, but you know I'm wishing you all the luck you deserve.

love
    sushee

Hey Everyone

What a gorgeous wee man Gab! He is just so precious, can't wait to hear your birth story when you're up to it!

Glad to hear everyone is doing ok apart from a few niggles, I have another midwife appt tomorrow and get results from blood tests. The GD test was optional and my widwife said it was up to me if I wanted to have it or not, as I'm low risk etc etc I decided not to have it. My scan is booked on the 13th of January to check the placenta, it will be great to see bubby again. He will be massive by then so will be interesting to see what he looks like!

Next cab off the rack must be TamB? and then you Sal!! Yay more bubbies!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

'We' had my 7 weeks ultrasound today (@7weeks 2days) and we are pleased to announce it is twins

So far all is looking good [-o<

I am still very anxious as you know we had a sad outcome losing ~Charlotte~ our first pregnancy and no reason found.

I feel quite teary atm - very emotional. We are jubliantly cautious and full of hope.

Oh Trish that is fabulous news! Another set of gorgeous, precious twins! Your feelings are completely understandable so please take care of yourself.

Wow that is just the best news!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

can you please add my details

Forum Name: Baby~amore`
    State: NSW
    Due: 1st August 2006 (officially but will be earlier with twins)
    Hospital: Possibly Nepean
    Ultrasound Dates: TBC
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl / Surprise
    Baby Name(s) Chosen: Boy - / Girl -
    Baby's Website: under construction
    Time TTC12yrs#1 DD) current 1yr (6 months nat/IVF 6 months)
    Number of previous pgs: Charlotte born still 26wks
    Any assistance: IVF & DH
    Fertility Issues: Unexplained, June 2005 R tube removed Hydrosalphinx

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast