... 21011121314 ...

thread: Pregnancy after LT TTC #21

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2009

Re: Pregnancy after LT TTC #21

Lovely to hear from you Sarah. So nice to see you due to have bub any day now. My little boy is going incredibly well. We are so thrilled he has joined the family. His sisters love him to pieces too.

Spoons the 4th March will come soon enough. Those early weeks however go so slowly. I don't know what.s harder. The very beginning or the very end.

Pholi congratulations on your pregnancy. Have you had a scan? I hope your all feeling well.

You were RAK'ed in 2015

Mar 2011
    Perth

Ugh, not doing so great... Hcg didn't rise as much as they'd expect this week, and prog has dropped. I restart progesterone tomorrow. Feeling lots less confident. :/

No scan yet. Normally the clinic would do a scan next week ( 7th week) but we're away for another couple of weeks, so it'll be ages yet.

Apr 2009

Pholi I hope everything is progressing well inside. Its hard to analyses HCG levels after 5-6weeks. They seem much more predictable in that first week you find out your pregnant and then the variation of normal just gets bigger and bigger.

You were RAK'ed in 2015

Mar 2011
    Perth

Thanks, Mildez. I was starting to feel so confident and safe... And all of sudden I feel like I might lose my baby . That I shouldn't book in with the Obs yet because I not even be pregnant by then. That every person I tell had to be someone I'm happy to tell the bad news too as well.

Apr 2009

If you don't mind sharing what was your Hcg?

Aug 2013
    WA

How are you going, Pholi?

I had my first major freak out yesterday and couldn't go to work today.
    How do ppl manage to stay happy and positive in this situation? We're supposed to be happy but all I feel is scared. I got so used to AF coming every 25 days and all the emotions and disappointment that goes along with it that now I don't know how to deal with this BFP. Everyone around me is so happy and looking to the future, have I thought of names, where will I give birth, when will I finish work, what games do I want at the baby shower?? I feel like a deer in the headlights tbh.
    I've moved my scan forward to the 27th and I don't know what I'll do if there's nothing there. I keep checking for blood every time I go to the toilet. How do you get through it?

You were RAK'ed in 2015

Mar 2011
    Perth

Yeah, same. We're keeping it pretty quiet for now, just a few people know, and they know that I'm not counting my chickens (so to speak) yet. I say something like 'So far, so good. But we're not out of the woods yet.'

It's so stressful, so much pressure to just grow a baby, and we have no control at all over the outcome! I'll feel a lot better (I think!) once we get a scan that shows appropriate development, a heartbeat and so on.

The friends we've been holidaying with this week have respectfully said nothing despite overhearing phone calls (in the car) about my progesterone levels, and actually collecting my pessaries for me from the compounding pharmacist, and noticing that I was on soft drink all night at a classy food and wine degustation... They must know. :/

Aug 2013
    WA

It sounds like your friends want to give you the opportunity to tell them yourself, when/if you are ready. How long til your scan? I moved mine forward to this Friday. I'm hoping it's not too early to see anything.

You were RAK'ed in 2015

Mar 2011
    Perth

We don't get back to Perth til March 7th, and my scan is booked for the following Wednesday. So it's still 2 1/2 weeks away. I have one more blood test this Tuesday, then nothing til the scan.

How many weeks/days will you be by Friday?

Aug 2013
    WA

Going by the date my doctor is using I'll be 6+4.

You were RAK'ed in 2015

Mar 2011
    Perth

I thought 6 weeks was about the stage where they definitely see a heart beat if it's there? I suppose if you're a few days out, though... Gosh, how did our mothers and grandmothers cope?!

You were RAK'ed in 2015

Mar 2011
    Perth

I thought 6 weeks was about the stage where they definitely see a heart beat if it's there? I suppose if you're a few days out, though... Gosh, how did our mothers and grandmothers cope?!

Apr 2009

Pholi that's really nice of your friends to not ask questions. Its a long wait until your scan but think when you have it your baby will actually looks like a baby. At 9weeks they really start to take a more human like appearance.

Spoons I was always very anxious especially with my last. I'd had 5 losses before him, my HCG I thought was low (compared to my successful pregnancy before him), I had no MS and a lot of pain. I'd had an ectopic before and lost my tube and was in agony. It turned out I had 3 ovarian cysts the largest measuring 11cm but combined they got to 21cm across at their largest. They were going to operate as soon as I hit the 2nd trimester. They were just something else to worry about but at my 12week scan they had shrunk by 3cm so I didn't end up needing the surgery. I tried to be happy I was pregnancy today and tell myself that that's all I wanted and not look too much into the future but take each day at a time. Easier said then done but you do eventually get to the end and once they are born worry about something else like SIDS.

Dec 2014
    Townsville, QLD

Hi ladies [spoons and pholi xo]

I am hoping to join this thread. Had my bdp bt on 25feb15, now 14dp5dt. This is my 7th cycle of ivf, after conceiving my ds from a fet (2nd round) in nov 2012.

Still doing poas to keep me positive through the next 8weeks until 12weeks. Have my 7 week scan booked for 18 Mar. Bubs sue date - 03 Nov 15 ( but I think I will have to have a csect as I did with ds).

Aug 2013
    WA

Hello hopeful mum and congrats! Would you be about 4-5 weeks? Are you having any further blood tests? I bet you're on the count down til 18th March! I know I was.
    I had my scan on Friday at 6w4d and we saw the heartbeat flickering away. I've been very tired and a bit nauseous, sore boobs too.

Dec 2014
    Townsville, QLD

Hi spoons. Yes I'm 5weeks on Tuesday coming. I have bt's for 4th and 11th Mar. Going to be doing poas the day before just to keep me sane.

Wonderful to see that your scan went well and that you got to see bubs' heartbeat:-) It's a beautiful thing to see. Fx that the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

Pholi, good luck for your wed week scan. Fx that it all goes well and that you see your little ones' heartbeat too :-)

May 2009
    Melbourne

Spoons, Pholi and Hopeful Mum, yay!!!!! So glad to see you guys in here. I have been following the other thread the entire time. Congratulations and wishing you all the very best for uneventful healthy pregnancies. It can seem such a long haul at this point, with all the anxiety/symptoms or lack of and it is just really really tough. One breath at a time, I sometimes got down to. Like it was one day, then one minute, then just this one moment. Just hope this time just zips by for you all, and/or you enjoy every minute.

Mildez, I have been following all your posts too, here and in the other thread. How's your little boy going? It sounds like you have a really wonderful connection. I am so glad for you.

AFM, I am 37 weeks on Friday and I will get the cervical stitch out next week. We will wait for labour to start, and then if it hasn't started, I can wait til 41 weeks and either be induced or just opt for C-section. My OB is very kind and supportive and has said I can opt for C-section at any time really (I mean, after 38 weeks or so). I have had anxiety and ante-natal depression symptoms coming and going, including CP (chronic pain) and it has been so bad at points that I have asked my psych about starting medication (though TBH I never found an AD (or a pain killer) that really worked for me, especially since I have a family background of bipolar so for my brain, I need a mood stabilizer as well and these are not great for preg/BF). There have been a lot of stressors including my best friend being hospitalized for a kind of psychotic/manic break (and she has MS and is newly pregnant which is a really big deal bc she had to go off her drugs to become pregnant and this is dangerous for MS). Anyway, a lot of fear issues are being raised (I was in the mother-baby unit with my daughter). Sorry, this has turned into a large purge. I am seeing a lovely psychologist for mindfulness/CBT therapy and my peri-natal psych and my lovely OB. So I am well looked after. But those tough days are hard! Very hard. I sometimes withdraw and cannot post or I can't sit and type because too sore.

Wishing everyone some peace and calm during this time, and more excitement down the track at delivery.

lots of love,
    WW
    x

Aug 2013
    WA

How wonderful to hear from you, worrywart. You've had such a rough time and you're now on the home stretch. I wish you all the best for the next few weeks xx

... 21011121314 ...