Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After LT TTC ~ August 2006 #2

skyelar Guest

SO glad you are ok Shez! What a scare for you xoxo

Aww can't wait for piccies of Lily I hope they are well!

One more day at work for me YAY I am so excited!!

Sal Guest

YAY for you, Skye! What you gonna do with all the 'free time' on your hands (LOL, I'm sure you'll be busy with DD) ?

Woohoo Justine, congratulations on the birth of Lily.........

Morning ladies....

3am Sat morning bubs poked so hard on my cervix, that I thought I was going to have an arm or leg hanging out of me when I got in the morning LOL Sleep delirioum

Shez, glad to hear ur both ok after ur scare.

Yes I too agree, Lily is a gorgeous name.

Thnx Skye & Sal. Holly does seem to love the camera, smiling or not, loves to look at it, hehe.

Ouch Sheree, let hope bub doesn't do that again for a while yet.

confusedegg Guest

WTG. Justine, glad to hear you and little sofia are well.. Congrats to you, DH and Isaac.

Hey Trish - you might need to request an avatar change, add those baby boys to your pic!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Keen - Kathryn is working on it

Sheree - hope you boy behaves from now on - no more scares allowed for anyone.

Hi everyone,

So happy to hear the wonderful news of the birth of Lily, I agree it is a beautiful name.

Shez I can understand your scare but I am so glad that everything is fine.

I too had been feeling a little worried that my lack of symptoms meant things were not progressing. I couldn't decide if it was womens intuition or paranoia. Thankfully it was the later. I went for a blood test today to see if my HCG levels were rising. The reasons behind it was a bit of cramping and lots of worry. Well the results came back and they said they were rising and were at a level of 6000 for a 5 week pregnancy which is fantastic and has totally put my mind at ease. Surprisingly the cramping has stopped and I feel more positive. It is frustrating being a women sometimes.

I think I will have a good sleep tonight.

Love Linda

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Great news Linda - glad your HCG levels are rising.I didn't get any m/s really until 7wks and my (.)(.) weren't sore or much either - and I was pg with twins.

It is the paranoia of a LTTTCer and a mother who lost precious little ones already.
    hold onto the hope I can imagine how you are feeling.

Sal Guest

Linda, those are great levels. Cramping is always worrying (for us paranoids!) but that should stop soon. Do you really want m/s??

Sheree, I hope you don't have dreams like I did (that bubs legs just started appearing and I was holding them, trying to keep the baby in). *shudder* I had just awful nightmares last pg, I am really hoping to avoid them this one.

confusedegg Guest

Hi Linda,

Thats a great result. understanding the cramping at 5 weeks, i was paranoid also. From what i got told it was from high progesterone levels.

Oh! Sal, thats too scary. i have had weird dreams every night and seem so real, but nothing like that. i had dream that i was holding my baby BOY! he was perfect. Oh i hope my preg sticks to my dream. SAL, as you asked Linda, i did want m/s but happy to say it has as yet left the building.

Trish: Hun, how you going? long time no hear, m/s has settled, well all preg symptoms have dissappeared except vivid dreams, hoping i wasnt talking in my sleep this morning, when Waz was going to work -LOL!

Sheree: Oh you poor thing, hope it wasnt too painful, although would have been scary.

Justine: Hope all is well with you sweet.
    Last edited by confusedegg; August 8th, 2006 at 09:44 AM.

Morning everyone
    Shez - glad to hear everything is ok. Linda - woohoo on those HCG results. I had cramping at 5wks too - just expansion probably.

12 weeks for me tomorrow and then another week to see if everything is ok. Does this worrying ever stop? Have been keeping in touch with my bellybuddies in another thread but they don't seem to suffer the same levels of anxiety as me so I feel like a freak. I've even put off getting my belly added to my avatar just in case its a jinx even though you can at 10wks. Guess being nearly 40 isn't helping my peace of mind either!

Question: how long do the BT results take to come back on the NT scan? Does anyone know where I can find out what the normal range is for older women? I'm worried that my results are going to be terrible simply because of my age and I want to be prepared. More importantly I need to prepare my mother and my DH ahead of time for what is normal at my age so they don't freak out. (My SIL had pg terminated in April this year because at 13 week scan baby showed Megacystis - rare birth defect - I am now carrying first grandchild instead and everyone is incredibly nervous).

Morning everyone

** hangs sequined straight jacket, with PINK OR BLUE LADIES?? emblazzened on the back, back in cloak room** Yaye on those levels Linda!!!

Yuck to scary dreams I've had a few of them.

Well we had the morph scan yesterday and it was amazing Tiny is currently head up bum down with it's legs curled up.. very much the fetal position. We don't want to know the flavour but I don't think even if we did bubs was giving it up!! Everything seems in order. Tiny is facing my spine so we didn't get any great front on facal shots but we got some cool profiles in 3D.

Love and ugs to all and butterfly kisses to all the beautiful bubs

tiggy Guest

Yay Shez, that everything with Tiny looks good.
    So you are going to give us all a nice surprise in 140 days or so, cool, can't wait.

Kar, know what you me re; anxiety levels being higher than your average preggie lady.
    That's what we're here for. I can fashion you a nice straight jacket, if you like

Hi Kar our posts crossed. Sorry to say the anxity doesn't really settle it just changes scope slightly. I'm sure the new Mums in here would say even after birth!!

As for the NT results I'm not sure how long they taken but I do have a pamphlet from Australian & NZ college of OBGYNs which has approximate risk according to only age
    25 1in 1352
    30 1in 895
    35 1in 356
    40 1in 97
    41 1in 73
    42 1in 41

These are with no further testing so for example I didn't have the NT testing so my risk reverts to between 1352 & 895

HTH

Sal Guest

Kar, yes it is weird in the 'normal' pg threads, luckily for most women they have no reason to be as worried as we all are/were. Re the NT bloods, it seems ACT does it in a weird way. I had my last NT done in Brissy and I had the bloods taken a week before the scan, so at the scan they combined the results and told me my risk level. I think here in the ACT you do the bloods at/after the scan, so I think it takes a week. Strange. I'm not sure what the blood parameters are but it is likelier that your bloods will combine with the NT measurements to lower your overall risk, not raise it. I'm 35, was 34 with #1 and my risk before the bloods was much higher.

Shez YAY on a great morph scan! That's great that Tiny kept his/her secret to him/herself. Makes it all the more exciting, huh?!

Chris, so glad to hear that m/s has left the building for you! Do you have a NT scan booked?

Thanks Tiff and can you fashion me one in institution white please...
    Shez - thanks for those numbers, at least now I'll know not to panic when I get numbers close to 1 in 100. Great news on your morph scan.
    Sal - thanks for reassurance I'm not alone.

Had bit of a meltdown this morning. After I posted I decided to ring the U/S place and ask how long the test results would take. As I feared it was going to be after the weekend. I just burst into tears. I know it's only another 2 days but it means we still won't know until I'm nearly 14 weeks along. Anyway the very nice receptionist suggested I ring my referring practitioner to see if he would agree to me having the scan 2 days earlier so that I could get the results a bit sooner without a weekend getting in the way. So I did and after making another comlpete blubbering fool of myself to the clinic receptionist, she rang back to say that was fine and so now I am booked in for my scan on Monday instead of Wednesday. Two days earlier but will mean I get the results next week instead of the week after.

confusedegg Guest

SAL: Yes i have NT booked although it makes no difference either way, it is booked on my 12 week marker, but am having the BT 1 week before.

Hey can you tell me if it is safe to eat saute' beef, feel like having that for dinner. I can tell m/s has left, i virtually throw chinese when i had m/s?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast