Thread: Sharp Pain On My Left Side

Default Sharp Pain On My Left Side

Hi everyone

I was wandering if anyone had experienced sharp pains on one particular side after falling prenant from IVF. It feels like the pain I used to get from Ovulation but a little more intense. Im approx 5 weeks and not sure what to expect from body ..

Firstly

OOOOOOOOOOOOMG!!!! I am so happy you got your BFP!!

Has Dr S struck again??

Ahem, sorry, back to the subject at hand....

In short - yes. I had sharp pain on one side too (seem to recall it was my left side cause that's my dodgy side) and started panicking about ectopic prg etc but when I had my first scan done, my FS (Dr S) showed me how enlarged my ovaries still were and said that's where the pain was coming from. It took a few weeks to settle, I think at my 9 week scan they were still slightly enlarged, so it does take some time.

Thanks Willow Yes!! Dr Sacks has Struck gold again so far Fingers Crossed!!!! Im so excited but cautious Im waiting to see my numbers go up more on wednesday. Isnt he fantastic!! Congrarts to you too . Im so so happy for you . I was worried about the pain thought it might be bad thanks heaps for settling my anxiety

Aw babe, that's so exciting!!! I nearly fell off my chair when I saw you'd posted in the prg thread!!

Well done - I hope you have a beautiful pregnancy!

I hit the wrong button before I finished my post sorry honey

No worries, you're welcome. I remember posting about it too at the time and had heaps of replies saying others had had pain too, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

You'll have your first scan in a few weeks and that will put your mind at rest...at least for a little while! LOL!

I so had that sharp pain and its something i will not forget for a very very long time... mine stuck around, coming and going for the first 3 months. I would cry from the pain. I remember sitting in the IVF clinic waiting to see the Dr at around 6 weeks..crying my eyes out in pain. He mentioned some thing may be twisted (forget what sorry) Anyways after a few ultrasounds and having a scare thinking it was ectopic the pain went away and i was able to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.

I had pain like that somewhere around 5-6 weeks - no IVF involvement but I likened it to strong O pain and it was on the same side that I O'd from that cycle.

Thanks girls I m still getting it a bit but I had some on the other side the other day so that made me feel a little better. all these aches are pains are hopefully my little bubby growing..