Thread: *Dreams*

Smile *Dreams*

So when they told me that I would begin to have some crazy dreams, due to the ginormous amounts of hormones your body receives when pregnant, I didn't believe them. Boy was I wrong. In this thread I would love to hear about all the crazy dreams your other prego's are experiencing. Here are some of mine:

- When my daughter comes she will be invisible and I wont be able to take care of her because I cant find her.

- My boyfriend is cheating on me with the non pregnant version of myself

-I am in labor pushing and they can't find the baby (invisible)

Anyways ladies, tell all.

I have had the most complicated and bizzarre dreams since becoming pregnant. However, they're not about me, DH, or baby, strangely. They are like movies, with heroes and villains, and mysteries, etc. I should write them down, and then make millions having them published later.

SNAP - I just posted the same thing!
    http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/preg...ml#post1717874

My dreams have included:

* having a baby boy but it had DPs exact 29 year old face and the family thought bub was so cute but I thought it was sad that the baby looked so old.

* going to see extended family who live 3 hours away and going into labour but waking up two days later and having people trying to convince me I'd had a baby as I'd been knocked out. DP had told his family and they were all there and had had cuddles before me and no one had told my family and I had to ring them and try and get myself out of the hot water DP and put me in.

* DP slept on the lounge the other night because he couldn't get comfy with me and the body pillow hogging the bed... so that night I dreamt that he had left me because I wouldn't share the bed.

* that I came home from hospital to find that DP had shacked up with some other girl whilst I was in hospital following the birth and she had moved in and I was expected to share the house with her.

* that even after birth I still didn't know if I had had a boy or a girl... I think this comes from my fear that I will somehow find out during the pg even though I REALLY want a surprise

um that has been it so far... I am sure there will be more though!

Oh gosh, they're all G rated!
    haha
    when i was pregnant with DD i was having the raunchiest dreams EVER !

Far too embarrasing to write out, but very raunchy indeed! hahahaha

yeah I have been having some pretty raunchy dreams myself lately. When I wake up and my DH gives me a good morning kiss, I almost feel embarrassed or guilty. lol

hahaha!
    i found they did wonders for my sex life, haha

I had my first pregnancy related dream last night (that's not to say I haven't already expereienced some super weird dreams) and it was a shocker!

Firstly I had the baby but then left hopspital almost immediately and returned about a week later to collect our baby!! Then I found I couldn't breast feed properly (probably cause I left the baby in hospital and didn't learn how to feed it ) and bubs hated my BB's! Friends and family were constantly there watching and judging me and telling me how to do it 'properly'! Then DH and I kept putting bubs in really random and dangerous places - like on the arm of the couch - only to see bubs roll off! I also didn't feel a bond with the bubs in the dream at all, like I was trying to care for and feed someone elses new born. It was weird!!!

Jessica, since reading this thread I have now had a dream of having an invisible baby as well... lol it was NOT fun, in my dream everytime I found the baby and put clothes on it (to make it not invisible anymore) the clothes then became invisible too!

Taurean, I have had a similar dream where I am in a room and my mum is at one side and DPs mum on the other side and they both keep telling me what I 'should' be doing but they are contradicting each other and my mouth is zipped shut and I am not able to say anything and I can't undo the zipper because I am holding the baby

I've had a few dreams lately that have been pretty odd, most of which I can't remember but last night alone I had 2 that had me wake up crying.

1st one I was in the car with my mum and and she was driving me to someone house in an estate, and I was giving her directions. I got quite frustrated with her as she kept going the wrong way, and then she cracked it and got really angry and floored it and was speeding through this estate full of roundabouts and traffic islands. It all came to a head when she went speeding around a large roundabout and slid out of control, hit a gutter and went flying up a good 20 - 50 metres in the air and landed in the middle of the roundabout with me wraping my hands around my belly to protect my baby form the impact.

2nd I was at Melbourne airport and rushing to get my plane back to bris, and I missed it by about 15 seconds and they wouldn't let me on. I went to ask them to book me another flight and they wanted to charge me $50 for a new flight but I didn't have any money so they refused to book it. I had a timetable of when the flights were for the rest of the day, in an old maths book from school, and someone stole my maths book while I was sitting at a desk crying and talking on the phone to someone about my flight - I didnt know what to say. I was just sitting there in silence with the girl on the other end waiting for me to say something. So I was trying to get someone to find my book, and a package that was meant to be posted to me and organise my flight back home, all while running around the airport, which was full of forklifts and shipping containers. At the end of my dream the lady who had been helping me found the package that was supposed to be posted to me and I jumped up and gave her a massive hug and was bawling my eyes out and she gave me a big hug back and made me feel safe.

I woke up with tears streaming down my face both times.
    Last edited by Calluna; March 26th, 2009 at 02:41 PM.

i was having nightmares for a while which were horrible but i realised they were linked to that ad for the unborn movie! lol once i stopped watching those ads the dreams stopped...wierd cause before i was pg i was the biggest horror movie buff and now i cant even watch an ad/look at a cover in the video shop!
    the other night i had a dream DPs sister came over and asked me to babysit her WALRUS. like a huge full sized one...it was waddling round my house knocking everything over and DP was going off at it and i was like awww its so cute!!! WEIRD!!!!

While I was preg with #2, I had a dream that he was born with all his teeth and he crawled strait away. I think its cause I was overdue and stressing.

Now I am only 5 weeks preg but I had a strange dream the other night. I dreamt I woke up and there were hundreds of little grubs crawling up my curtains and all over my doona. I got out of bed and went to check the kids and the grubs were crawling on their faces. I started swiping the kids to get the grubs off but ended up hurting them . I went back to my room and pulled the curtains down and was flicking the grubs into the bath full of water to drown them......

Lucky they're only dreams, huh?

I had quite a few odd ones. I can't remember most of them though. The only ones I kinda remember were about either giving birth to more then one baby (usually like 3+) when they'd only told us we were having one all throughout the pregnancy.
    Other dreams were about the gender and the ultrasound people playing tricks on me and telling me the wrong sex.

I remember having XXX Rated dreams when preggy with Niki won't go into details though

I also had a lot of spider dreams. Huntsmen to be precise. Big hairy scary spiders crawling in my bed, under my covers, on my face. Locially I will be telling myself in the dream its night time, its pitch black I cannot possibly be seeing these spiders but I would wake up in a sweat, dive out of bed whacking everything madly until DH turns on the light

I also had some bad dreams about her dying or leaving her behind before everything started.

oh yeah i just remembered another i had a few nights ago...i had bubs but she looked just like my ex (like a baby girl but with his face and hair, freaky huh) and it could talk straight away and i put the baby on the change table and asked my mum to watch her to make sure she didnt roll off and the baby was like "how stupid do you think i am?" but for some reason i didnt think it was weird she was talking!!

Red face

Love hearing ALL your responses.

I dreamed that the baby was born but I was just oblivious to everything. Like I left her in the car for hours, and I would continulously forget to feed her. Every one seemed to be more caring for her than me but still as caring as we should. It was like my little baby girl was extremely neglected. Than one morning (still in my dream) I woke up and wanted to start breastfeeding my baby but when I tried she just looked at me like who the hell was I. Like I was such a bad mother that she knew it and didn't want that breastfeeding connection with me.

I woke up crying and I felt like I had done something wrong even though she is not even born. The dream had a lot of emotion. I think because I am going to be a first time mom I am just scared of failing....

I've had a bit of a giggle at some of your dreams, especially the invisible baby ones!! I've had a couple of bad nightmares that I can't remember but also some baby related dreams.

- I'm going into labour & there is all these people around me but DH isn't there, this one I've had a few times.

- I've had the baby. DH & I are talking about how easy it was, no pain at all, what do people complain about etc. Then I go for a huge walk around the hospital before coming back to the baby & start breastfeeding really easily.

- I'm in labour but no one believes me in the hospital. They strap me to the bed so I can't move. My door is open but everyone who walks past averts their eyes so I can't get anyones attention. I'm having contractions & screaming for help but no one comes. I want to call DH but I can't because of the restraints.

- I wake up in a room with heaps of other women in bunk beds. DH is there & he tells me I had the baby at 27 weeks. But I've been in a coma since the birth & the baby is in the Special Care Nursery. I go to the nursery to see my baby who is fine. The staff in there yell at me for leaving my baby with them for the past month. I try to tell them that it's not my fault I was in a coma & it wasn't my idea to leave the baby with them but they don't care for my explanations.

- I have had the baby & am sharing a room with an old man. I'm bleeding alot but I didn't bring any maternity pads because the hospital said they would supply them, which they haven't. DH goes to the shops to buy me some while I wait in the toilet. He comes back with wingless pads. I complain I wanted ones with wings but he says everyone in the shops told him without was better. I'n the meantime the old man lends me his pads but they are about a metre long & I can't work out how to use them.