Thread: 3rd time or more mums did you?

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Default 3rd time or more mums did you?

I have in the last couple of days just started to "feel" really really pregnant. I almost feel like I am 30 weeks instead of 21! lol

My question is with your 3rd and subsequent pregnancies did you really find the pregnancy more difficult in the 2nd half, ie bigger, more pain, more tired?

I have always been pretty lucky with the other 2 till about 32 weeks, when it really started to slow me down. At this rate it will be a long 19 weeks!

I was about the same with all of my pregnancies... I was expecing everything to happen sooner due to my body knowing what to do etc but it was all pretty much the same.

Having said that I have heard other women say complete opposite.

Tanya

With maddy it was a piece of cake... with indah (7yrs inbetween) definately noticed it, I was so tired & had really bad back pain, I was also working full time with Indah til 35wks! I am expecting this one to be similar to Indah & the next ones to pregressively get harder!! hee hee!

I felt more uncomfortable than I remembered with the other PG's

I think it had a lot to do with having to get down on the ground more and try and manouvre the other boys in and out of the car or bath IYKWIM.

I also had pelvic problems this time round too which made it a whole lot worse.

This time was by far my worst but it was my 7th in 10 years. My body just seemed to shut down and I just remember crying every morning because DH had to lift me out of bed and it was just agony. I'd feel better as the day wore on, but for the last 6 weeks or so I had to sleep sitting up in a loungechair in our room. I looked pg earlier and was just a lot more tired.

Its probably the only thing stoppoing me going back again. 9 months is a looooong time, lol.

Hi,

I definately felt more presure (weight) on my pelvic floor / back and legs.

Regarding tiredness, the older I get the more tired I have felt during pregnancy. (And I am only 29 y/old this year!)
    The other thing you need to remember is that you are now running around after big family. Life is busier and more tiring in general.

I did find that my baby bump popped out earlier this time (baby 5). I think it might because I have less muscle tone and a bigger uterus. My baby is also sitting higher which makes my bump look bigger too.

You might just need more iron in your diet. It might be a good idea to get the doctor to check your iron levels.

All the best with your pregnancy.

I looked pregnant earlier... and I was in more pain with Harrison than with any of the others... Hip pain, back pain, but mostly pelvic and pubic bone pain!!! Ouch!!!
    The pain is honestly one of the things that would stop me from having another baby.

i looked bigger and i was bigger than my pregnancies with the other 2 boys, but can't say how the last month went as Ashton decided enough was enough, so had no major uncomfortableness or pain.

Love

Relle,
    I definitely found my third pregnancy incredibly tiring and uncomfortable. I worked (part time) up until 4 weeks before Lucy was born but I was just exhausted.
    With Eva (4th) I found the pregnancy incredibly uncomfortable too. I was HUGE and tired. However, I bounced back fine.
    You will find just the added physical strains of caring for two other little people really tough. I made sure if the kids were stationary I was sitting! If they were napping so was I! The bathing was a nightmare so they all showered with me in the end!
    You will get through it's just a little bit tougher.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Thankyou all so much for replying!

I found the pelvic pain really bad for 6 months after giving birth to DS 1, so that was definately the first thing to start aching with ds2, I am now just counting every day I don't get the pelvic ache as a bonus!

We have just been out for lunch to the ILs and I really could go to sleep now, and had a sleep yesterday arvo for about an hour.

I was tired like normal up till around 12 weeks, but it feels like it has come back with a vengence!

I reackon I will have that beached whale feeling by 30 weeks this time! LOL

Seventh Heaven - this baby feels like it is sitting really high in my uterus as well, all the movements and kicks are right at the top as well.

Considering the pregnancies are harder, would you rate your births as easier???? ( I hope so! )

Rell at my M/W appt on Friday she was seraching with doppler for the HB... I started to get a tad scared, but then she held my hand & siad it's oK not to hear the HB if your placenta is in the way at this early stage... Then I mentioned bubs sitting up quite high on left so just above my belly button on the left there was a loud heart beat as strong as an ox! WOW she said your baby does sit up high!!!

I am short & so I pop out kinda quickly anyways!!!

1st labour to second labour was more pleasant!!! Let's hope our #3's are even better!!!

I felt bad this pg, but the birth was easy! Doc did say that the pg's get harder, but the births are easier, sometimes I wished it was the other way around LOL!!!

Relle,
    That pelvic pain is an absolute nightmare :hugs:.
    My births have been easier. All different but not as hard as the first time. I think too our heads are in a better place after doing it a couple of times. We know that there is an end and we know that the labour brings us a beautiful baby. It seems to help to remember back and say okay I CAN do this and I KNOW I can.

Sorry sweet, lol. My 1st, 5th and 7th were my hardest. 1st because it was longets, 5th due to a really long pushing stage because he had his arm over his head and the 7th because I was just too exhausted and it was very quick and just too intense. I laughed my way through the 3rd though so good luck, lol.

Ok well I plan to giggle my way through this birth & the whole time Nat I'm gonna be thinking of you!!! LOL..

I just said to DH, I have asked my best friend to come with us all to the scan this weekend, I then added & she can come along to baby #4's birth... He chuckled & I said what & he said OK then!!! Wooo hoo...