Thread: anxious mum

kirsty_lee Guest

Default anxious mum

Hey girls... well i've not been on for a while. I'm 19 weeks pregnant now and sooooo nervous as I have my first ultra sound tomorrow. Im scared that' it's going to show something wrong... I only found out I was pregnant at 9 weeks and was a smoker at the time... i've cut wayyyy back to like 3 a day instead of the usual pack a day.. i never realised how hard it would be to quit EVEN when pregnant... but im just soooo worried that something is going to be wrong... PLEASE tell me you girls had this same anxiety and reassure me im going to be fine

Don't worry, you wouldn't be normal if you weren't anxious!!!

I was soooo convinced that my baby had like 4 heads or something horrible like that!!! Turns out he was a normal healthy little boy and he was happily kicking away in there, totally unaware that I was freaking out!

Don't worry I'm sure everything will be fine. How exciting??? You get to see your lill BUBBA!!!
    Good onya for knocking back the ciggies to 3 a day!!!
    Last edited by rustygirl; October 29th, 2007 at 02:10 AM. Reason: typo

Hey Kirsty Lee,
    Don't panic! Completely agree with Rustygirl - I think everyone is nervous at different times during their pregnancy - especially before a scan!!!
    The ultrasound is the coolest thing - absolutely amazing to see your little one.
    All the very best with your scan! And nice work on cutting back on the ciggies - not an easy task especially when you're stressing!!!
    LJ

My SIL smoked all through her pregnancies (all 5 of them), she knocked back how many she smoked a day and her kids are normal . Good luck with you U/S.

Hi Kirsty Lee,
    It is sooooo normal to be nervous. I hardly talked for two day beforehand, I was so worried. We had the scan She said everything she seen was fine but she couldn't see half his face and part of his heart, so we would have to go back for another scan four weeks later. So I worried for four weeks, didn't talk for the two days before again, went to the scan and he was asleep on the wrong side. So she couldn't see what she needed to see. We spent 20 minutes trying to wake him up, then he woke up and moved so she got to see quickly what she needed to see then he went back in the other spot. He takes after his dad.

Let us know how your scan goes.

Hey Kirsty, how did you scan go?