Thread: Backache now??

tams Guest

Default Backache now??

hi all, i'm just curious, i have just hit tri2 and lately my lower back on the right hand side is killing me! whenever i move when its bad, i squeal.
    is it just my body stretching and stuff? if anyone else has had this prob do they know of a way to help it? im trying stretching and stuff but its not helping, thank you for any and all advice

Well my midwife cheerfully told me that my pelvis is falling apart! Just cos of all that loosening of ligaments and stuff. She said to sit down and rest regularly, and you could ask your midwife/ob for some exercises to help it perhaps? And good positions to sleep in.

On the bright side, imagine birth without a loose pelvis!! Owie. Makes me SLIGHTLY less annoyed about my agony...really does hurt though, doesn't it.

Nelle, You have to update your belly pic in your ticker, surely thats not a 20 week belly is it??

I suffer with this sciatic nerve thing too. During the labourof my 2nd, every time I got the urge to push I would get this shooting pain in my hip which would conteract the contraction & stuffit all up, It took ages to push him out because of it! There was nothing I could do about it at the time either, but this time round I have been told to try a different birthing positon.

Lorin Guest

Hi, I am feeling your exact pain probs more i am 18 weeks today and :S i am having trouble with my left hip its playing up on my and my lower back just aches all the time. I am a receptionist so sitting at my desk probs doent help.

But i was told because bubs is growing bigger and moving more its going to give you aches and pains, but they told me not to complain because it gets much worst :S Hmm

Lorin, don't you just love that "don't complain yet, its only going to get worse!" Just what you want to hear hey LOL

mummymeegs Guest

Oooh Yeah.. The back andhip aches are not fun!! I too think it is because of the side sleeping thing. I find that the only thing that helps is regular exercise! Once you can actually get out of bed that is!!!

Lorin Guest

I tell you what im glad i invested in a new most comfiest matress a few months ago, because we stayed at my partners mums place and the mattress i slept on would have been floor material. I literally could not sleep i recon every half hour i had to get up and walk and lay on the oppsite side because my hips ached so much.
    So it could possibly be a mattress problem too

FionaJill, the pic was just last week!
    (I am keeping it in my thighs, shhh )
    I think I have grown slightly more since then...I'll take a new pic sometime today and see if there's any difference.

tams Guest

thankyou all for the advice, i think my partner thought i was just exaggerating it to get out of some house work lol now i can make him read this so he knows im not a faker lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle
    FionaJill, the pic was just last week!
    (I am keeping it in my thighs, shhh )
    I think I have grown slightly more since then...I'll take a new pic sometime today and see if there's any difference.
    No way!, you look like you have a 6 pack! mind you I am sure with my first I didn't show for ages & ages. This being my 3rd at 16 weeks I have nice little pot belly happening

Charli, i love your belly pic. It looks like a nice little barbie pregnant belly. I will have to figure out how to make my ticker have a belly pic.
    Last edited by *Efjay*; May 14th, 2006 at 06:17 PM.

Nelle - I hardly showed at all in my first preg, until I was about 27 weeks! (I had a similar figure to yours). This time, i'm getting a bit of a pot belly which is very attractive - not!!!

You look great!

My back is absolutely killing me too. I hate standing for periods of time, I can't describe the pain! My bump is huge for 17 weeks...I just can't believe it!