Thread: Cloudy urine

Default Cloudy urine

I have noticed that my urine is cloudy. I have no other symptoms of a UTI but goggled cloudy urine & a few things came back about too much protein in your urine.
    I wonder if I should call my Midwife & get it checked now or it can wait till my appointment next thursday on the 5th?

Also, for the last 2 weeks or so my stomach hasn't been great. Not gastro but rather unsettled & I have had a few mornings of rather loose stools (TMI)
    Last night I had a really bad cramping, but it was like stomach cramps when you have an upset stomach. I don't think it was pregnancy related & it settled down after I ate, but it lasted about an hour.
    Could it be related if I do have a high amount of protein in my urine?

What does it mean if I do? I never even had my wee checked at any appointments with my other 3 pregnancy's so not really sure about this one....

my urine changes everyday.... and 2 days ago i had the worst stomach ache ever!! and had about 4-5 BM's that day....now everything is fine. Cant offer advice on the protein thing but i was told my urine was normal. cloudy, pale, bright yellow....u name it ive got it! lmao TMI!!

lol, well given we are about the same I will wait till next week but will mention it (if I remember!)

FJ - you could always take Ural in the meantime (I'm pretty sure it is safe to take during pg but maybe check at your chemist) or you could up your cranberry juice and water intake which should help too hun. If you don't have any symptoms like burning or stinging when you pee it might not be a UTI and could just be that you pee was more concentrated. Have you been drinking lots of water lately or not enough????
    Good luck!

Probably not enough to b ehonest, thats one of my biggest downfalls is not drinking alot of fluids. I drinkt o thirst & Im just not a very thirsty person.

Unfortunately in pregnancy you can have a UTI without any of the usual symptoms. Monitor it closely and get it checked. It is one of the (many) differences of the pregnant woman.

Fiona, I had a UTI about a month or so ago, and I didn't have any of the burning/stinging that you would normally have with an infection. I had the awful urge to push everytime I went to the loo.
    When I finally got to the GP, they said my urine was cloudy and had traces of blood (that I couldn't see) and that I had an infection
    They gave me amoxil and GP also suggested that I take Ural as well. I've never had Ural before, and it made me feel horribly ill, so I only had the one dose of it.

In all honesty I didn't think it was an infection because I didn't have the burning/stinging sensation. I also drank a heap of cranberry juice before I got to the GP.
    I would try to get onto your midwife and see what she thinks just in case it turns out to be an infection. You don't want it getting worse.

Hope all is well either way.

Nic

FJ
    Drink more fluid
    Ural is safe
    Your diet can also affect your urine

Hey!
    It's not just pregnant women that can have a UTI without any stinging/burning.

Many people (but in my own experience, mostly the elderly) can have a UTI and not have any associatied stinging or burning, but may have other symptoms eg. cloudy urine, increased confusion, temp, etc.

Cloudy urine can be a symptom of a UTI, or of protein in your urine, or any number of other things - but for you, I would think that it would be either of these, and it would be best it you could get an appointment with a GP to do a urine dipstick.

This will tell you whether there is any protein or leukocytes in your urine, and then you should have an idea of what is going on.

I wouldn't go drinking any ural if you don't have any burning/stinging - it is a urinary alkinaliser, and can help to eliminate the cause of any UTI, but mostly just neutralises the acidity of the urine, so that it doesn't burn/sting. I would wait till you get a definate answer that it is a UTI before you take it.

If you wait for your appointment with the midwife, and it turns out that it is an infection, she won't be able to prescribe antibiotics for you. And it may have gotten a lot worse by then - I have seen a number of people who have been hospitalised because of a UTI that got out of hand and they ended up septic (urosepsis).

If it is protein in your urine, then there is something that they could do for that too - or maybe they just take note of how much it is, and check again at your next appointment, and see if the amount has increased and take action then.

Hope you get it sorted out soon!

HTH