Thread: Cyst on cervix

Red face Cyst on cervix

Hi everyone, at my routine 20 week u/s, the u/s tech found a cyst in my uterus on my cervix. She said she sees it all the time and it's nothing to worry about. I'm really not worried about this because I'm sure my doc would have called me if it was something to worry about. I am just wondering if any of you have had this or know someone that has? Does it cause any complications with the pregnancy? I'm just really curious and won't know anything from the doctor until I go back on my next appt. The tech did say that about half of women get these in pregnancy. Funny cause I've never ever heard of this, you think I would have if it's so common. What do you guys think???

Hi Chrystal,

Don't know if this is the same sort of thing, but I have a cyst on my left ovary. At my last ultrasound (at 19weeks) it was around 4cm big. The doctors and midwives don't seem too concerned with it, like you said they see them all the time in pregnancy. However, my midwife has told me to go & get another ultrasound done to just to see if it has gotten any bigger. So I have booked an u/s for tomorrow. She also said in very rare cases they have taken out the cyst whilst being pregnant or after the birth.
    You shouldn't have anything to worry about but I understand how your curious because I was too!

HI Chrissy,

I too have heard these are very common. At my 12 week u/s I was told I had a cyst on my right ovary - apparently whichever side the egg came from (in my case, the right), it's common to have a small cyst there.

The sonographer, who's a OBGYN, told me these cysts are very common and generally not cause for alarm. And, I agree with you, if it was an issue, I think it's safe to assume your doctor would have called.

Maybe ask about it again next time....