Thread: Eating more.....

Default Eating more.....

Has anyone found they have started to eat more ?

I have suddenly start to eat some much and some days just don't stop eating.
    I was really hoping i wouldn't put much weight on this time round but the way i have been eating and now some clothes don't fit i have no chance in that. In 8 weeks i put on 2 kilos but i feel as if i have put double that on in the last 2 weeks.

I have been eating alot aswell. But from day 1 of my pg. I was eating that much that my DF told ME i was pg!!
    I have only put on 4kgs (i actually put on 6 and lost 2 from being ill) but i feel like im as big as a house. Try not to stress too much, as im sure what your eating is what your baby needs.
    Take care,
    Jenni

Michelle,
    I want to eat more, I am always hungry... when its time for me to sit down and eat, I never eat what I have served up... I have found that the very best I can do is eat a few small snacks through the day... 10 mins later though, I am starving, but can't eat much again.
    I am sure it all has to do with your bubba having a growth spurt, and maybe because you are using up so much energy.

I'm eating heaps more!
    I'm just trying to eat healthy snacks tho like fruit & stuff.
    My last pg i put on like 20-25 kg from snaking on cream buns & other pastries (damn cravings) took me almost a year to loose the weight now i'm pg again! So healthy snacks for me this time round

clare076 Guest

I cant stop eating either, luckily I have only put on 2 kg so far and that was in the last 3 weeks.

Unfortunately I have a big craving for TRIFLE at the moment, thanks to someone whom shall remain nameless

mum5boys Guest

I have found in the last week I am constantly snacking and eating more than I was which is a good thing since I lost weight due to m/s in the first 12 wks.
    For lunch yesterday I ate a whole loaf of bread with butter and vegemite on it, I would have one piece,then another,then another and before I knew it it was all gone.
    Iam trying to snack on healthy things like fruit but it doesn't always work.
    Michelle

I'm glad i'm not the only one wanting to eat more

Clare i wonder who got you in to craving TRIFLE

Bellgirl Guest

I'm eating lots too, and I keep expecting to see the extra weight going on in the usual places- however, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it seems to be mostly going on to the bump. The bump is quite well-padded, mind you!

DId somebody say trifle?

catherine Guest

I am eating like a horse. It's not so much that I am snacking lots, but I feel like I'm eating enough for 4 people at lunch and dinner. I eat so quickly that I don't know how full I am until about 30 mins later when I can't move (or breathe!)

sunshine Guest

I have days when I can't stop eating, and then days when I'm just not into it. I tell DH I have "THE HUNGER" on the former and he serves up huge portions that I hoe through (and doesn't comment when I'm rifling through the cupboard looking for snacks half an hour later!), and is very good at making sure I eat something (toast/soup etc) on the latter. I just go with what my body says.

G

Just in the last week, I've noticed that I've been eating more and getting hungry all the time. I'm at about the same point in pregnancy as you are. Since I hit 24 weeks today I checked a website which gives pregnancy updates and the first line for 24 weeks was "Bring on the bulk" lol. Apparently bubs gains about 170 grams in this week alone and will be packing it on like crazy in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Emma~ View Post
    just try to eat a balanced diet...... haha balanced diet for me is one piece of chocoalte in each hand!

HAHAHA Emma, now thats my kinda balanced diet

Lisa i seem to be the same as you, hungry often but cant eat a lot. Then im hungry again within half an hour. I cant seem to sit down and eat a proper evening meal. I need to just pick throughout the night.

I am actually about 3kgs lighter now than i was before i was pregnant ( I am a larger size though) so i figure i can just eat when i feel like it.

I am eating less often than I was in first tri...but not sure if it's more or less in total...lol. I know I was constantly eating, but now I can do 3-5 times a day and be fine. Although, if I get hungry then I have to eat almost straight away!

This isn't fair! OK, I admit I have the odd snack in the evening, but never between meals, and I've put on 6kg so far! I'm not even eating bigger portions, I have the same as DH, who certainly hasn't put on weight and if I make myself a snack he eats some of that too.

Come on girls, how are you losing weight? Please tell!

confusedegg Guest

LMAO Emma at your balanced diet, good thing i am not right into chocolate or i might have followed your diet, lol.

Hope all is progressing well with you and Gaby.

iam usually absoltuly starving around lunch time that i eat everything in sight, but come dinner im not overly hungry coz i ate so much at lunch.
    i dont usually snack but will have my 5 weetbix for breaky (lol increased from 3 since preg) then absolutly stuff myself at lunch coz im starving then a normal dinner..

if chloe is having a biccie then i sometimes will have one aswell to encourage her to sit on her new eating mat.

I find i now eat more if i eat breakfast i then just can't stop eating.
    I've had breakfast today and still feel as if i can eat more.

I do try and watch what i eat but it's not always easy when you crave chocolate.

My appetite has changed since I said what I did 11 days ago!! The past few days I've just been hungry all the time...I eat then within an hour or so I'm looking for food again! I reckon bubs must be having a growth spurt or something! The reason I was eating all the time in first tri was it helped to stop me feeling sick...so it was really only snacking very regularly and not eating like I am now!!