Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finding out the sex...

1 week today! Not that im counting!! I am so excited. I would love a girl, BUT if i have a boy i will be equally as happy!! Im not getting my hopes up for any sex atm, as when pg with Jett i thought he was a girl and turned out to be a boy (sono told me boy!!! grr).
    So i will just wait and see, as long as bubba is happy and healthy thats all that i care about!!

(but a girl would be nice LOL) Just thinking pink pink and more pink!!
    Congrats on all the boy pregnancies!

I have heard of a few couples being told the wrong sex only to be disappointed at the birth. My DP wanted to know what sex our baby is as its his first. I talked him around as i can remember how exciting it was when i had my daughter when they finally said its a girl after labour. I think the moment is very special and i am looking forward to the moment more than ever after going through all that pain it is a great surprise to share. I can see why many people find out but personally i am happy to wait even though i wonder every day whether i have a boy all girl growing inside of me. As long as its a healthy baby we will be happy.

Thanks maybub and mia'smummy, it's certainly going to be a year to remember I'm so busy and tired but it's all worth it

I don't think that they can ever really be 100% sure Jess so I personally am assuming I'm having a boy (I was told 90%) and if we have a girl we'll just hope she likes the colour blue - hehe.

gunge08 Guest

I can't wait to know what my baby is, as well as everyone else in our families (first grandchild for both sides). Would also have loved to of waited till the end but for me financially it is easier to find out earlier.

scorpiomum: me too i have my scan next week, i have all fingers and toes crossed to find out but am not concerned if they can't tell me. I am hoping for a girl too, the ring test came up as a girl so it should be interesting to see if it works, good luck with your scan.

Only 3 sleeps to go..

Yeah, in mid march I'll be having my first ultrasound..we will find out if bubs doesn't hide.

2 weeks today for us (29th Feb)!! Cant wait to see!!
    We found out with DS and were just so excited to know.. i know we will be this time round too!

Maybub- i realise i probably wont get a 100% but just to re-check will be better then just assuming the 80% is accurate.. If we take another peak and see well "nothing hanging inbetween we should bave it confirmed to 90% which is when i'll be buying up big on the pink stuff

I too am very excited about finding out what we are having. 4 more weeks left yet for me though ..... time is gonna go real slow

I have a 4D scan booked for the 20th March when I will be exactly 19 weeks. I am praying so hard that 'snooks' wont be camera shy and the sonographer will be able to get a clear view.

I forget who mentioned the 'sealed envelope' idea but that is very cool indeed. Might ask the place we are going if it is possible we can do it that way too
    Hopefully we will have a nice sonographer lol
    Last edited by nagromeyk; February 19th, 2008 at 10:22 AM.

Have you found out yet Mia's Mummy??? Can't wait to hear.

When are you going for your confimation scan Jess?

Hi Maybub- yeah having a 4d scan on wednesday 27th- cannot wait.... so excited at seeing bubs again. hoping that the last scan was correct as i've gotten all worked up and excited about the possibility of having a little girl. Although as long as bubs is healthy then all is good but i'd be lying if i said i didnt want a girl... (not saying i wouldnt want a boy... so hard to put ot in words... happy either way... hehehe confusing anyone???)

Kept my first a secret and think that if i ever have a 3rd i will keep it a secret... once you get told but its not a definate then you spend more time thinking bout what you may have... but also being excited bout the gender they tell you but then being cautious bout maybe being wrong

But i guess only a week till we hopefully have confirmation and hopefully the 4d scan should be fairly acurate... fingers crossed

Only 6 more sleeps Jess, please let me know. I don't call in to our Belly Buddy room so much any more as I can't keep up. But if you don't get the chance to respond here I will call in to check. Thinking lots of 'Pink' thoughts for you.

When we had our 20 wk scan (at 20.3 weeks) it seemed to be very clear that we were having a girl. They didn't give us a percentage, just said by the looks of these white lines, which is the labia, you are having a girl! We were both surprised as we were sure we were having a boy and it take take a full day to get use to it (which in itself made me feel very strange - that I should just be happy that the baby is healthy - but I couldn't help it!) but now its nice to be able to talk about our baby as "she"...
    Good luck with your scan ladies.. not long now .... it is very exciting to find out - I was so excited when walking in for our scan.

Well we found out its a BOY!
    He is healthy and happy in there... given the thumbs up!! woohoo!!
    I will be protected with my 3 boys when i get older!!

Well todays the BIG day for me... My scan is at 1.30 and i havent slept (possiblt to anxious, but also in alot of pain, my back, tummy, pelvis, legs are all aching)

FIngers crossed bubs isnt camera shy today, have decided that as i'm paying for the 4d scan that i just wont leave until bubs opens legs and we get a peek... hehehe

Also guilted DP into comming shopping with me after we find out to pick up hopefully pick stuff... YAY

Scorpio- congrats on the baby boy...

Just so you know guys, most places won't write it down for you, the few in this thread have been extremely lucky. Generally they don't want to write it down & won't give a 100% answer because they could be wrong. With written proof of them saying "it's a girl (or boy)" they can be sued if it turns out to be wrong.... Just thought I'd warn you in case they say no.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast