Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finding out the sex...

Smile Finding out the sex...

We find out in a week!!! YAY!! Cannot wait!!!

Is anyone else finding out soon?

Not exactly soon- but i am hoping to know by 25th march, seems like forever away, i had my 13 week scan today, and she said so far its looking like a boy, but apparently at this stage they all look like boys!!! LOL
    So unless for some reason i get a sneak peak before the morph scan on march 25th, thats when i will be finding out!!!

Good luck, do you have any "feelings" as to whats in there???

Hi Mia'smummy, my scan is at 8:30am tomorrow, so hopefully wont be long till i know the sex!!!!!

Mia'sMummy. Wow. I hope the week flies by.
    We've got about 2 and a half weeks to wait for ours. I can't wait.
    I think about the sex of the baby everyday. Lol.

gorgeous_lea, Good luck with your scan tomorrow. I hope the baby is healthy and growing perfectly.

Yes hopeing to find out off my ob on wednesday. If he can see but then im not allowed to tell anyone until DH can be with me at the 20 weeks scan...bugger. Dont know how Ill hold it in...lol

I found out at 16 weeks as I had an amnio & we are having a boy. Hope bubs co-operates for the scan so you can know what you are having.

Hi Mia'sMummy - Yes we are also finding out but not until our 20 week scan which is on 4 March. Good luck with your scan next week.

Mez

We don't have any feelings on what we're having....

I'd love a little girl, but I think DF wants a boy, we said two babies so whatever we get this time is fate and meant to be

I just want a healthy baby

The wait is absolutely killing me though!!!

gorgeous_lea - How did you go???

Good morning all.
    I hope you don't mind me making this suggestion. I found out the sex of our wee one about a month ago and was given some wonderful advice from a close girlfriend only moments before we went in for the scan. She found out the sex of her baby in the Scan room and said although she was delighted, it was quite an anti-climax as she and her DP could not embrace/punch the air/cry etc. because they were in a Dr's office. With this in mind I asked the Sonographer to tell us when to turn away and instead write the sex on a piece of paper and put in an envelope. Straight after the scan my DH and I went and purchased a small bottle of champers to share (tsk tsk I know) and went to a special 'spot' dear to both of us on the river. We opened the envelope together (tears welling up for me even when I write this - damn hormones...) and found out our wonderful news in beautiful and special surroundings. We toasted our good fortune, cried and laughed and it was perfect. I would recommend this to all who are going to find out the sex. Just makes it more special and allows you to absorb the monumental event in private.

OH MY...

Thats just beautiful, gave me goosebumps...

We'll be doing that

I'm so pleased Mia's mum. Please come back to the thread and let us know the outcome. Do you have a preference?

I'd love two little girls.. Sometimes when we talk about the kids we say "the girls" accidentally..

But i'm not set on a girl, healthy is the main thing

I phoned my DF and told him the idea, he loved it... Thought is was alot less "medical" and alot more personal, that way we can open the envelope when we're ready and in our own comfortable space

Now I'm even more excited than before...

My step-sister did the sealed envelope thing too. I think it is a lot more special to not have the doctor tell you too.

My DH and I are having a tough time deciding whether to find out or not, so we have decided that 20 weeks is too early for us to have made a decision to find out or not. So we are going to do the same sealed envelope thing and tell them that "technically" we don't want to know so that it isn't on our file and we don't get told accidentally, and then we can make the decision together when we are ready. And if we decide not to find out the envelope will never get opened!

Mia'smummy, its a BOY!!!

DF was a little dissapointed as he wanted a girl, but were very happy now it has sunk in lol

Good luck with your scan next week!!!!!

That was a beautiful idea maybub, wish i had of read that before i went

CONGRATULATIONS Gorgeous Lea, fabulous news!!!

You've got a wedding coming up too - best of luck with all to come.

We (hopefully) find out on March 10!!!!!!!!!! 4 weeks (well 3 week 6 days but who is counting... :P)!!!!!

We are also doing a special thing for us... I am going to have the radiographer write it down, and Shel reads it first and then tells me. Just because throughout the pregnancy I'm always telling her whats going on and what's happening, I want her to be able to tell me something She loves this idea too!

gorgeous_lea... A BOY IS GREAT NEWS!!!
    And a wedding, what a great year you will have

My first we decided not to find out and the 10 week wait killed us but was so worth the wait after the delivery... took all the pain away just curious to know what i had just pushed out..

This time my DP wanted to know early so we decided to find out at the 18 week scan- 3 scans later and the best they could tell us was 80% chance of a girl...

After having a DS i was thrilled but also still unsure of the acuracy.. Now i've had to wait not knoiwing 100% so have decided to have a 4d scan which is in 2 weeks... Just need to know for sure now...

A friend of ours was told 80% chance a boy didnt get it checked just took it as it was brought everything blue and woops a little girl popped out- they were so disapointed but delighted at the same time and all that stuff they had brought ARRRGGGHHH... Do not want that to happen to me...

Fingers crossed you find out 100%... me i'm hoping that in 2 weeks we can have our little girl confirmed for sure...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast