Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finding out the sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_H View Post
    Generally they don't want to write it down & won't give a 100% answer because they could be wrong....With written proof of them saying "it's a girl (or boy)" they can be sued if it turns out to be wrong.
    Yeah, at our (private) hospital they won't even tell you what they think the sex is as a technician got it wrong once and the hospital was sued! Kind of spoils it for everyone else who wants to find out the sex.
    It doesn't really worry us though as we are happy to wait until the birth the find out the sex of Beany.

Thanks SarahH. I didn't know that but I guess it does make sense. Although they could always write down the percentage rate too I guess.

Sarah - i think thats what they did with me - gave me a guess at what it could be, then said oh, but it could be the other one... like.. really?!?!! you don't say.. hey i could have made that guess myself!!!!!!
    So we have to wait too

Good luck today Jess :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffykaz View Post
    Yeah, at our (private) hospital they won't even tell you what they think the sex is as a technician got it wrong once and the hospital was sued!
    That's insane! What judge would award that- what grounds would you sue on?? What would they have changed about the pregnancy knowing the baby was the other sex? A few jumpsuits and some paint on the wall? Crazy stuff.

Ren, there are many people that deal with gender disappointment on a daily basis - say having 3 girls already & desperately wanting a boy. Imagine finally being told you're having a boy to find out it's actually a girl in that circumstance?? It's a tough thing to deal with I imagine. Of course you're happy to have a baby, but to think you've finally got the sex you've longed for then to have the rug pulled out from under you so to speak, I can imagine it would be very difficult.

Oh- I'm sure it can be disappointing. i just meant to sue based on that. So i guess that's what you're suing for- emotional trauma?

CONGRATULATIONS Scorpio Mum

Good Luck Jess, please let us know when you get the result. All my fingers and toes are crossed that you get what you'd like xx

Such a shame for those who want to find out but can't due to people suing - find that so hard to comprehend. I would have been so disappointed to be told they woudln't tell me.

Best of luck at the U/S, i hope all goes well.

I think it's sooooo much nicer to wait though. The suspense was terrible but it was so nice after all those hours of painful labour to have the exciting news of what sex the baby was. We just made sure all of our purchases and decorating were gender neutral and then after the baby was born the blue gifts began pouring in.

Well its confirmed were having a little girl, It was so amazing to see the scan, she was sucking fingers, waving, her foot was touching her forehead even grabbing her toes and swollowing,

The 4d wasnt that great as i dodnt have much fluid surrounding bubs (and thats what helps see the profile better) but will be posting some pics in the gallery...

YAY cannot wipe the smile of my face..

Congrats Jess.. thats great news!!! I'm very happy for you!! You must be over the moon!!!!!

Congratulations Jess on your baby girl! I'm so happy for you.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S Jess!!

I'm so please you are getting the little girl you dreamed of. Fab news.

Thanks everyone... Still cant keep smiling... Feels so weird to finally know for sure... so great to be having one of each...

Hi!! I find out today what flavour my baby is!!! I cant wait!! I am guessing a girl!! I am having a 3D scan so i should get some good pics!! Yippee I am excited!!

Smile

Thats awesome Let us know how u go

I was wrong!! We are having a boy!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123