Thread: First Movements:)

Smile First Movements:)

Hey all,

Im just wondering when everyones first movements happen/ what stage you first felt your bub??
    Im nearly 20weeks & have only felt bub the tiniest bit and it has only hapened once or twice.

Thats about right mate- it depends- first time this far you will take longer to notice- and once you start getting the big movements you realise that you have actually been feeling them for ages- 2nd preg you may feel them earlier coz you know what going on and you remember the feeling

Butterfly_Princess Guest

I felt mine around 17 weeks, but now im feeling actual kicks...
    Its different for every one though.

I started to feel movements at about 20 weeks. Am now nearly 24 weeks and feel them every day with some being really strong movements and kicks whilst others are more of a flutter or rolling feeling. I love feeling him move..makes it so much more exciting and real!

Remember everyone is different and some babies are more active than others and the position of your placenta affects how much you can feel. You will soon be feeling lots of strong, reassuring movements. If you're worried, ask your dr or midwife to reassure you. You could ask them to hold the doppler on your tum for a little bit longer so you can see how bubs is moving and they have to 'chase' them with the doppler.

I didn't feel Mackenzie until 28 weeks! But once I felt her they were PROPER kicks and punches! LOL. I'm sure she moved before that but I just didn't feel it. My ob did say that I had an anterior placents but he didn't tell me that till week 38!! Would have been handy to know earlier cause I really did freak cause I wasn't feeling the movements. Still they came and they never stopped!!!

I thought I felt something around 14weeks but then wasnt so sure cause I didnt feel anything again till around 18weeks and then only just a whisper of a tickle. It was only a few weeks later that it turned into proper kicks but then only small in comparison to what I get now!!! People often say they mistake the first few movements for gas but I found it was just that they are so soft and so quick that by the time you go "hey, I think that was it!" it has passed and then you're not so sure anymore.
    Before long you will be kept awake but the disco going on in there so that is something to look forward to hehe.

Umm... not sure... Does it kind of feel like a cross between gass and a slight tickle? If so I think I started feeling that on Saturday.
    I'm really not sure. I'm 17 weeks on Thursday.

Yep, lisylee, that was probably it! Congrats! It is amazing isnt it? I bet over the next few days, now that you know what to look out for, you will be feeling it a lot. Probably only when you are sitting quietly after moving around all day. I usually get heaps of activity when lounging in the evening. Yay, your jellybean is practicing aerobics!

Thats when I felt it!! Sitting quietly in the car after a hard day at work. While DH fueled her up!!!
    Wow!

We are onto our 2nd PG in 2 years and boy has this one been different to the first one thats for sure.
    With #1 I didn't feel the slightest thing until 21.5 wks but was extremely happy to feel some movements with this one last night at 18/5 wks- while trying to sleep mind you but a wonderful feeling all the same.

i had the flutters about 19 weeks and then i felt more at about 23 weeks!!

mine wasn't movement
    had nothing since.

I haven't felt anything yet, but I don't think I'm far enough along yet. Although I'm amazed in a way that I can't feel it, with the way Jellybean was wiggling around at the ultrasound..

i am 20 weeks now and i felt baby move about 18 weeks i havent felt a kick as of yet but can filll him move around.i could fell my stomick stretching and pressure from really early on

Damn those anterior placentas! My Ob told me not to expect anything till at least 22 weeks... So I am trying not to worry till then, but I really wish I could fell it now! :P