Thread: Hay fever misery

Default Hay fever misery

Does any one know any good remedys for hay fever?
    I don't want to play the game any more! My pharmasist gave me polaramine, which stops my sneezing, but does nothing for my eyes, iching, constant nose blowing, and generally feeling like you've got the worst cold in the world.
    I'm taking the polaramine 24 hrs a day, even waking up in the midle of the night to take it, or I'm awake all night sneezing.
    I'm miserable!

I'm having the same problems, and I find the Polarimine makes me sleepy too. The only thing I've found that helps a bit is the Fess nasal spray or even better the one you "flush" out your sinuses with. It's only saline solution so perfectly safe. You can also get straight saline drops for your eyes which will flush out the irritants. Most other eye drops and nasal sprays are not completely safe so make sure you only get the saline ones.

It's not fun though is it... especially when the 2nd tri insomnia is also at work so you lie away ithcing and miserable.

I take Zyrtec when it is really bad. I have discussed it with my GP (who is obstetric trained) and he says it's ok. I also googled it. I only take it when it is really bad though. I take nasonex each day (prescribed by dr). They are both those medications that say only on a drs advice and when benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the baby, which made me feel selfish but I could not function so had to resort to it. Good luck, maybe a chat with your GP/ OB might be in order.

Off topic - Second tri insomnia - is that why I can't sleep? Or sleep badly?

I thought my bad sleeping was due to this bl***y hayfever! I wake up at 2am and my first tought is "I feel terrible!" Then , "Tablet time". Stuffed up nose, and sneezing can't make breathing easy when you're asleep, so I figured I'm exhausted due to a sleep apnia type thing. Nice to know I'm not alone in this.
    Lisa

My sister suffers terribly too, she swears by a Homeopathic remedy. I will find out and post it later.