Thread: lower left side pain/discomfort, persisting overnight

Unhappy lower left side pain/discomfort, persisting overnight

yesterday evening after dinner, I developed some discomfort in my lower left pelvic area. Didn't feel like round ligament pain (I think!? well none that I've had so far) cos it has been fairly persistent. After a while of feeling very uncomfortable I took myself off to bed. Couldn't find any comfortable way to lie, lying on my left was very uncomfortable, and my back on the left felt really tight.

I grabbed a warm heat pack and that seemed to ease it a bit. Managed to sleep. Everytime I try to roll over/shift position it's very uncomfortable. If I lie only on my right, it's manageable, I just can't seem to move at all.

I'm now awake again, heat pack again, and wondering what might cause this? Should I go see my dr? It's only been overnight, but it's feeling quite persistent which scares me. Sometimes it feels right lower down, almost at join of pelvis and leg (edge of front panty line IYKWIM), and at other times it feels higher on my left - front through to back (referred pain mebbe?). Hadn't done anything unusual to cause a muscle pull or anything. Or could it just be bubs shifting position? And if so, can I get it to shift again!!?!?!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

It sounds like pelvic girdle pain maybe? Do you feel it when you walk, like a sharp pain? Have you been carrying anything on your hip? If it's no better by Monday, make an appointment to see your ob/GP.

I've been getting pain in my lower back on the left hand side that I notice when I walk. I was carrying a tote tray of books on my hip. I now carry everything in a backpack like one of the students at the school where I teach and that seems to have helped. I also get mystery aching left or right arms that wake me at night and hurt all day. Panadol and a long shower helps a little.

Hope you feel better today and can catch up on some sleep.

Thanks Kerry. Well after a cry on DH's shoulder at 6 am, another heat pack and a big snuggle, I managed to sleep through till 9.30, and now it's mostly gone! So I have no idea what it was, but I'm very relieved, and will just take it easy today.

In answer to your questions it didn't seem particularly aggravated by walking - no sharp pain - but if I was doing any moving, it was persistent, whether walking or turning in bed. And I hadn't carried anything on my hip, but had carried a laptop in a backpack (which I do occasionally) yesterday morning.

Thanks again