Thread: are my boobs supposed to leak already?

sparklesoul Guest

Default are my boobs supposed to leak already?

For the past few weeks, my boobs have been leaking! are they supposed to do that? usually it's just clear, but sometimes it's a yellowy colour. if i don't have on a bra it even leaves marks on my shirts, and it stains the insides of my bras. does this happen to everyone?? it's really annoying.

Its just the colostrum and its completely normal to leak a little bit during pg. It varies from woman to woman as to when you will start leaking and some don't leak at all during pg. You might find that you need to put a breast pad or a folded tissue inside your bra to stop it showing through onto your clothes. Some days you might leak a lot and others you will only have a little bit and sometimes none at all. If you squeeze the breast, you may be able to get some out, but its not necessary to do this.

Sparkle,

This happened to me throughout my pregnancy - and I think its quite common, as I know a lot of ladies that its happened to as well

I wore breast pads throughout most of my pregnancy... A little word of warning for you, though - Although it was only a little bit here & there, during and after intercourse I leaked a lot!!! - Just in case it freaks you out, because the first time I leaked, that was how and why

This happened to me as well. I think it started when I was about 22 weeks or so. It was alwayc clear though, not yellow.

My boobs with DS started leaking when I was 22 weeks. Was on my way up to mums up the central coast and all of a sudden my top was all wet. Had to pull over to the petrol station and buy some tissues so yes it can happn.

I leaked from very early too and yes it was tinged yellow but thats normal too. I would wear breast pads if i was going out and worried about it so maybe get some for just in case. I also (even for when BFing) keep a spare top in my car for emergencies. When Bfing i have occasionally forgot to put some in and then i feed from one side and the other goes mad and its not a good luck whilst out lol.

Hey sparkle, as others have said, completely normal! Just one of the joys of pregnancy (and then motherhood ) Like Sherie said, pick up some breast pads and give them a go. When I was leaking while pg my SIL said (after a little embarrassing moment at her place when her baby cried), 'at least you know something's working alright!' It was kind of comforting after the embarrassment!

I was about to ask this question myself..as I have had a super itchy nipple all morning and I just spotted some leakage.

I have notice leaking at night - my pjs end up with slight stains. It started at about 20 weeks and it still happening but not regularly. I haven't notice it during the day, just on my jammies!!!