Thread: Is my weight gain normal?

texasgirlie09 Guest

Default Is my weight gain normal?

I just wanted to get some opinions on weight gain during pregnancy. I'm 22 weeks now and have gone from about 105 lbs to about 116-118 lbs (it fluctuates on a daily basis). Is this normal weight gain? This is my first pregnancy and I'm extremely petite (only about 5'2"). I honestly look like I'm about 3 months pregnant, but my significant other's ex-wife made a comment about "wow, she's getting really big" and it kinda made me feel bad like I may have started to gain more weight than necessary. Also, when does the weight gain start at where I'll gain about a pound a week?

I'm 35weeks now & have put on around 13kg which I think is something like 28lb, so what you've gained isn't too much. We all gain at different rates & different amounts. I wouldn't worry about what others are saying to be honest, some days I get one person saying I'm small then an hour later someone saying I'm huge

I dont think you have put on much weight, I am almost 27 weeks and i have put on 7.5 kilos, so i wouldnt stress.
    Like sarah said everyone gains weight differently.

Don’t worry hun your weight gain is fine. As others have said women put on weight at different rates. Smaller women will often but not always put on more weight than larger women.

yeah i wouldnt worry , im 20 weeks and have only gained about 3 kgs ... most of that is choc and if i didnt eat the choc i wouldnt have put on much but my dh says i look so skinny to be pg , but i have a huge belly ( well i think so ) but if i wear baggy clothes you wouldnt know i was pg ... so go figure , some ppl say " wow your about to pop and othere say im tiny "

as long as you feel healthy and bubs is healthy , i wouldnt wory

Hi, don't worry too much!!! Says she the biggest worrier of them all. I have gained 3.8kgs at 17 weeks, mainly due to constant grazing first trim to ease MS. It all seems to take care of itself in the end.

bit of a hijack here ..... but what happens if you lose weight when pg .... i have lost a kilo ..

Lea, with Zander's pregnancy I would be up one month then down the next & no-one was concerned. Fundal height was changing, bub was growing & everything was fine my weight just fluctuated up & down. I don't think it's a big concern unless you are losing excessive amounts.

Lea, with Zander's pregnancy I would be up one month then down the next & no-one was concerned. Fundal height was changing, bub was growing & everything was fine my weight just fluctuated up & down. I don't think it's a big concern unless you are losing excessive amounts.