Thread: Is this too early to have a baby shower?

Talking Is this too early to have a baby shower?

I am 16 weeks and i am planning my baby shower. I am planning to have it when i am 23 weeks, because we are travelling to Melbourne, then there are a few birthdays inbetween Oct and Dec then there is Chrissy and New Year.... Oh the celebrations never seem to drizzle out. So i figured that if i had it kind of early, then its over and done with before we have to plan christmas and stuff.
    So do you think it is too early or would you wait until the end of January?

Hey

Congrats on your pregnancy! I dont think it matters when you have your baby shower..

I belive that baby showers are all about close family and friends gahering to wish you a healthy pregnancy, birth and provide support once bubs has arrived. So have it whenever you can..

I think friends and family would appreciate not having another function around xmas. Its gets so hectic!

xoxox

Hi Little Princess,
    Love your Pic!! That is awesome!! Woohoo on only having 17 days to go!! Wow i wish!
    Yes my thoughts are like yours, I thought they would be glad of the idea of having it early, so do my parents!!
    Jen

I have a friend that used to be a "My Baby" party co-ordinator where she ran baby showers and sold all the nifty baby stuff and most of he parties were when the mum to be was 6 months which is what 26 weeks?? so that sounds like your party is pretty good timing.
    I'm worried about waiting until after chrissy if i go early i guess i have no party? I'm not due til MID Feb but i dont think that means anything.
    As if we wait until after chrissy everyone will be away with chrissy and new year commitments so my party will have to be mid to late jan!
    I am planning a Mocktail party - can't wait!

Ohh a mocktail party should be fun!
    My sil said that i shouldnt have games, just to get everyone together and to sit around and chat was enough. This is my 3rd child and i havent had a baby shower so i think it is about time....
    Jen

you could have a tupperware party or a linen party for your baby shower??
    do you have linen parties in NSW? you can then end up with gorgeous good quality cot sheets and accessories and have your friends and family around AND they can play afew ice breaky games baby shower related...???
    my aunty got everyone to bring one of their baby photos and everyone tried to guess who was who, i like that except everyone there had known me since i was a baby so i wasnt hard to pick!

I was wondering when you are meant to have baby showers. I'd rather have mine earlier because I'm due aroudn Christmas and don't want to burden people with buying one more present at that busy time.

i think anytime after 6 months is cool coz that means even if you go early you shouldnt miss out on the fun of baby shower
    i think like with everything there is no "supposed" to so you can have whatever you want whenever and just share the time before you have a baby with those who have been there done that etc (like a kitchen tea before you are married)
    i did hear of someone waiting until after the baby was born and having a welcome baby party so the baby and hubby could take part too...

I Had a kind of welcome home party with my DS also it was a birthday lunch for me as DS was born 2 days before my birthday and i came home that day.... I have not had a baby shower yet so i think i will be having one this time.
    Kitchen tea before your married.. Never heard of that!!

Jen - I LOVE your idea to have your babyshower at 6 months! It makes so much sense especially being due not long after Christmas/New Years! Do you mind if I steal your idea?????

Luv MG

Nah MG i dont mind if you steal it!! How bout we share????? LOL. Alot of birthdays for me are around Dec-Jan period aswell as chrissy and new year.... So i just thought it would be a great idea.
    Take care.
    Jen

GREAT! Should we meet half way for the shower or have a "teleconference" combined one? ROFL

I don't think there's a right or wrong time to have it either, but isn't someone else supposed to throw it for you??

Im actually having some help from a friend who has had one. So i dont actually have to do it all. She can do most of the planning, although my SIL lives with us too so she will be helping me more IYKWIM.

Oh good, that would suck to have to do it all on your own.