Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's happened to my SKIN????

Hi Pregpan. Um, I just had a thought. Are your pimples going away (individually) after a few days? I am occasionally prone to an unusual form of acne where the pimples come up all inflamed but never really develop a head and then they just hang on and on. It looks a bit like an allergic sort of rash. Usually it is concentrated around one small area on my face. When this happens, I get a script for a topical antibiotic (eryacne I think it's called) and they go away after a fews weeks with that.

Lotte Guest

@ Pregpan.

You have almost the same due date as I do - my baby is due September 24, and my usually clear skin has gone absolutely berserk. Not only has my face broken out, but my throat, back and decollatage. Same as you, they don't seem like normal pimples, more like welts. I really hate it, and I'm just sitting it out, hoping it will go away. I've also had the wierd side-effect of my hair falling out when I wash it. Great handfuls. I am definitely not glowing at this moment

I would take this over first trimester nausea any day though - I'm very lucky to have had not a single day feeling even slightly off colour.

My skin also went totally gross... just looking though my photos of my pregnant self, and it seems it happened for me around 26 - 30 weeks.

Hi Lotte - thats interesting that you also have the same prob and around the same time as me... the large ones i had then have cleared up a lot actually, no new ones like that (though those are still visible and they never got a head on them just stayed red and sore)... today i have a couple of small whiteheads around my mouth (GROSS) - I think this could be because I was away for the weekend and didnt take as much care with my skin as usual and had to wear a lot of makeup to a wedding yest so it prob clogged up my pores a bit. You shld join our belly buddies group by the way, a really chatty and supportive group all due b/n 16th and 30th sept.
    Marydean - thanks for the tip - will keep in mind if they return!!
    Karina - ooh I hope I dont get them worse in a few weeks!!!

I did ask my OB about this, she said it is all hormonal and not a lot I can do but that I can use whatever i like on the surface of the skin, steaming etc is also fine. but not to take anything for them orally (not that I would but i was even worried about creams etc)

Lotte Guest

Thanks - how do I join the group?

Hi Lotte, I'm in the same thread. Go here and just introduce yourself and start typing!

Looking forwards to seeing you in there!!

I've been getting them along my jaw-line too! (also on my face, my legs, my chest, my back...). I was complaining to DH that I haven't had this many zits since I was a teenager & he pointed out that I haven't had this many hormones pumping through me since I was a teenager either!!!!

yep those are the one Ezz!!!! Good luck keeping them at bay.. the things we go through for these little ones!!

Yep.. I've got the same problem. It was bad when I was first pregnant, then seemed better for a few weeks, and now things look terrible again. I've got them around my mouth, and along my jaw. The jaw ones flare up, and then stay red (though not swollen) for weeks. Yuck. I've had a little bit of success with a toner that has ginseng and camomile in it. If anyone has a "cure", I'd love to hear it!

ej_1974 Guest

i here you - empathy as I have been through a patch of this myself on my face! yuck!! it seems to be disappearing now but certainly doesn't help one feel glamorous. No more cakes for me as I am sure it was all the sugar i consumed over a 3 day period - was at a conference and there was cakes (yum)!

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    Hi Pregpan. Um, I just had a thought. Are your pimples going away (individually) after a few days? I am occasionally prone to an unusual form of acne where the pimples come up all inflamed but never really develop a head and then they just hang on and on. It looks a bit like an allergic sort of rash. Usually it is concentrated around one small area on my face. When this happens, I get a script for a topical antibiotic (eryacne I think it's called) and they go away after a fews weeks with that.
    I use Eryacne also. Your GP can give you a prescription for it, it is safe to use with pregnancy as it helps by killing the bacteria on your skin. Most acne medications very your hormones so obviously those are a no no while you are pregnant.
    I have PCOS so have always have had problems with acne, mainly on my back but also on my face. I had cystic acne on my lower back until I got pregnant and thankfully that cleared up altogether, I now get the odd spot on my face and upper back and find the Eryacne helps, i use it mainly on my back though as it can be a bit drying on my face (although i do use it on my forhead as that can get a bit oily so the drying helps!)

Mine's all spotty and clogged...it's disgusting. I'm using Cetaphil face wash and moisturiser and at least the itching has subsided a bit. My skin was pretty good with #1...not fair!!!

My skin is terrible as well. Not with pimples though, more like patches of dry skin (dermatitis i presume as i suffer from this on my hands).

So much for the beautiful glow us preggo ladies are supposed to have, i far from glow with red patches all over the place.

LOL...poxy, patchy, itchy, spotty....and the list goes on.

Tunsa Guest

My skin has been horrid this time around. my belly, boobs and back is just covered in pimples

Hopefully it'll settle down soon tho, really itchy and unsightly.

I got the glow with my girl, not with my boy, so maybe there is something in that old wives tale?

will let you know, cos i definitely aint glowing this time around!

Jenna

Enchanted Guest

Skin! What a nightmare!!

My skin was fine until about 15wks and then I looked like I was going through puberty again! Also my back was covered in pimples and they were sooo sore!! I got married when I was 25wks pg and was freaking out that they wouldn't clear up! They eventually did but now I am finding that I am getting pimples in between my boobs... gross!!

I hope it gets better for you! It ones of those things about pg that sucks for sure!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12