Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When could your DH feel the baby kicking?

CMC! Yep - it's me! Nice to have a familiar face about the place. Welcome to BB - this place has been a life saver for me.

Just to update you all ... DH felt kicks yesterday and then again this morning!
    And today my little one has really started getting incredibly active all of a sudden. I hope that is normal!

Yay!! I hope JC was excited. I can't remember exactly when, but I do remember the movement suddenly ramping up a few gears around that time. Mine now puts on a show - people now can watch him doing whatever it is he's up to in there...

Glad to see you're 'fine' rather than '****ed off' now. Not that I blame you for being majorly ****ed off...

woooo DH finally felt this bubba move. This bubba is definately a lot more quite than my DS.

Firstbump Guest

Congratulation Kar on DH feeling the bub. Mine is still waiting patiently to feel the bub. Hopefully won't be too long and he will be able to feel her moving around.

Percy Guest

Mine felt the baby for the first time on Firday night It was very very exciting as he has been trying to feel it for a couple of weeks now but everytime he puts his hand near my belly the baby stops moving!!

I first felt the baby move at 16weeks.

I actually watched my belly move the other day. So did DF. woohoo. Now bubs has decided to get the hiccups atleast 4 times a day!

DH felt a movement today. It was so great that he could finally tell what I've been talking about for the last couple of weeks! Mostly he's just said, "oh, it feels just like your tummy's rumbling," but today there was a real kick, and he said, "oh, wow! I felt that!" Yay!

Just then, a few mins ago... I could feel bubs and called out to DH and got his hand and put it where I felt the pokes from bubs. He thought it was cool but said...It was only little...lol...I said..yeah well the bubby is only little!

Snook Guest

We were talking in bed the other day with DH's hand on my belly when he suddenly said "Stop" - We went quiet and then he asked "Was that it?" and I felt where his middle finger was and felt two little bumps and said "Yep...that's bubs". He went all gooey after that lol... I'm nearly 16 weeks pregnant

LOL - everytime Bubbles is kicking and I put DH's hand on the spot Bubbles gets stage fright and stops! DH tells me he "has the magic touch" - I'll remind him of that when the baby's screaming and he can't get shim to settle!

DH felt bubs move for the first time on Saturday night ( 17weeks 2days) I have to be lying down though...... Bubs loves their daddy and only kicks hard when DH is around He is working away at the moment and bubs is very quiet - except when I am on the phone to DH and then bubs goes nutso!!

If I lie back and have a good quiet think about where the pulsations and rumbles are coming from, I can with pretty good certainty say that I've been feeling little pops and bubbles from the baby (and not my intestines!)for about 5-6 days but I haven't felt anything 'big' yet. It's very exciting!

bundybrat Guest

I'm nearly 20wks now and felt bubs move (fluttering) quite a bit at 18wks but it's slowed down heaps now (almost stopped). Is this normal? Should I be worried? Is it possible bubs has just moved and is kicking somewhere that I don't feel so much? I'm up for the 20wk scan next Wed so I guess that should answer all my questions
    It is an amazing feeling though. I can't wait for DH to feel it too!

I didn't feel the movements until about 16 weeks. DH felt it soon after me, but we were lying down and talking and he had his hand on my belly firmly for a little while. I think you need to be a bit patient with it - now bubs moves heaps and I love feeling it but DH is bored of that now LOL, and unless bub kicks him straight away, he doesn't leave his hand there long enough to feel it.

Oops, didn't realise we were on the second page! Ha.
    Bundybrat, I hear every baby is different - you'll soon work out what's 'normal' for your baby - it may just be a quiet one. Still, I hope the scan is great and that you find all the reassurance you need.

DH was able to feel bub kicking at about 20 or 21 weeks. I only started feeling baby kick at about 19 weeks so it wasnt long until he could feel it too. Sometimes bub will do a very big kick and we can see my whole belly move! I'm getting kicked just under the ribs now.

bundybrat Guest

Smile

Thanks Snacks.
    When I found time to actually sit down and lay still for a while I realised I had gotten used to the little bumps and flutters and of course they were still there. And yes, the scan was very reassuring - bubs gave the u/s guy the what-for! Every time he went to measure the arm bone bubs would give him the elbow. DH still hasn't felt it yet but most of the kicking is still in the pelvic region (mainly my bladder) but I'm sure if bubs moves around a bit more he/she will start to play their daddy!

Jodie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast