View Poll Results: When did you first feel baby kicking?

Voters
812. You may not vote on this poll
  • <15 weeks

183 22.54%
  • 15-16 weeks

222 27.34%
  • 17-18 weeks

214 26.35%
  • 19-20 weeks

123 15.15%
  • 21-22 weeks

60 7.39%
  • 23 weeks or longer

10 1.23%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you first feel baby kicking?

shereejoy - I was reading ur journal on one of the other sites and now I see your here too.... well done to you.. I got stressed everytime i read that you were bleeding again... grr.... I hope its all downhill from here... but from what Ive read- your baby is determined to show its little face in May )
    well done for keeping sane.. ( Im gonna complain less now.. my first 12 weeks werent half as hard ) and good luck !

.. I hope it is the same Shereejoy? hehe

Yes it is, so what is your username on the other site?

... a quick thread hijack ...

think it might be enigma aswell... I just read the other sites but I write on this one

Well nice to meet you enigma, you are not far behind me in your pregnancy. Thank you for making comment on my bleeding dramas, but all is good now and going really strong, a true miracle.

I have added you to my MSN, so hopefully we can chat sometime.

Take care
    Sheree

This is my first pregnancy, and I swear that I felt flutters at 14 weeks. Then I felt nothing for a week and now I'm getting pretty regular kicking. I can almost garauntee that the baby will kick at 9:30 every night.
    I felt the first kick against my palm at 19 weeks, it's the greatest feeling.

Fee Guest

I felt first movements at 17w2d. They feel like bubbles popping in my tummy and it's continuing to get stronger. I am sure it almost feels like little kicks now. So exciting!

And this is for baby # 1.

I was around 18 weeks, only i never got butterflys or bubbles all i got were quick sharp pains which continue today but now they move around my belly..

With my first pregnancy I felt flutters from 11 weeks, 4 days.

With this pregnancy I first felt flutters at 10.5 weeks and have felt strong kicks since 15.5 weeks.

HELP!!!
    I am 20 weeks today with my first bubba, had an ultrasound the other day and the lady said it was moving round the whole time, but I never feel nything.
    WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME???

Don't worry, there's absolutely nothing wrong with you! Some women don't feel there bubs move until a bit later than others, especially if the placenta is located at the front - it blocks all those kicks! I'd say that's a very likely reason for you. Did the u/s lady say where the placenta was? I'll bet in a few more weeks you'll be feeling movement!

Take care.

I am now 20 weeks and 3 days, and still nothing...
    Just wondering, I am a size 12/14. Does this mean that it will be harder for me to feel the baby moving than if I was skinnier...
    Also, what do baby's first movements usually feel like???

Hey Supa Star. When I had my u/s at 18wks I was just amazed at how much the baby moved & I felt nothing. Kinda weird isn't it!

When you first get movements it's kind of like a bubble popping. It really is gentle to start with. Just wait until you're almost due and you can see your whole belly rolling about

I felt 'crawling' from about 17 weeks and about two to three weeks ago it progressed to unmistakeable kicking - little bugger! It was maybe one or two a day and now the little one's always reminding me it's there - very active in the morning when I wake up. Sort of stops when I say 'Oi!', when there is punching into my bladder... then starts up again!

amy Guest

i felt my first bubble at 18wks 3 days but today was my first official kick i think and i am 19 wks 1 day. very exciting. i thought i was late feeling it but apparently not says my midwife. I hope to now feel more movement but it is still rare.

I didn't get anything until around 21-22 weeks, and since then it has been full one. Kicks and movements all day and all night. I can now watch bub kick and move in my belly , it's amazing
    Last edited by Visitor7; May 15th, 2006 at 09:39 PM.

I felt the first kicks at 15 weeks 4 days. It was just like a tiny tap. It normally happens when I'm bending and squashing him.

My goodness Nat! you can't possibly be that far along LOL.

I know! Crazy isn't it!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast