Thread: Young Mums to be (Every 1 welcome)

Default Young Mums to be (Every 1 welcome)

Hi,

I am currently 19 years old and 21 weeks pg and my first baby Just wondering if anybody would like to chat as I will also be a single mum. Im really quit nervous and feel lonely since separating from my partner of 4 years so if anyone would like to chat feel free to join in.

Hi and welcome to BB! I am sure you'll find lots of support and friends here. Just wanted to let you know that my sister had her first at 19, second at 22 and is recently divorced from the father. Anyway, her kids are beautiful and she's doing well. So good luck and I wish you all the best. Im sure you'll be a great mum. Now you have belly belly, you definitely will!!!
    Also enjoy your pregnancy, this is so the place to come to stop loneliness. You'll make lots of friends who will share the journey with you xoxox

i hope to be joining you soon!

Hi Mel and welcome to BB
    I too was a young mum... I fell pg just after I turned 20.

You may be interested in checking out our forums -
    Issues for Younger couples,
    and Parenting & Single Parenting

Wishing you all the best...

Welcome to bellybelly! I'm also 19, turning 20 in June though and 15 weeks pregnant with #2. I had my first, a girl, when i was 18 and she is now 16 months old. If you would like to chat at all my email is at the bottom of my signature.

I'm so emotional atm and im worried that it will hurt the baby i know it sounds silly. I am really excited to be a mum even though I have had a few scares with this pregnancy i think my gp is getting sick and tired with me every little pain i get i run to the gp. At 14 weeks pg I experienced bleeding had u/s and he was bouncing around like nothing happened which was the most scariest things I have ever been through. Also my partner used to be very violent towards me, he used to push me around he sprained my wrist and yeah and I knew for my baby's safety that I had to leave him I moved from Sydney up to Qld which was another hard thing to lucky I have the support of my parents (his parents want nothing to do with me or the baby which hurts only because the baby had nothing to do with this) anyways sorry to make this really long but I feel like and emotional wreck.

I so hear you on the emoitions! I'm needing a box of tissues with me all the time because the tears keep coming, even for unknown reasons. It's all part of being pregnant. So sorry to hear about your partner and his family, but good thing you left him, the baby is better off without that in it's life. It is also very normal to feel worried about every little twinge that happens. Unfortunatly that doesn't go away ever again! It's so stress sometimes but it is normal!

Hi Mel, are you due in September? You can also join the Belly Buddies - Due in September thread for pregnancy chatter

We also have a support group forum for survivors of Domestic Violence if you ever feel you need some support and understanding about your previous relationship...

HTH!

Lorin Guest

Well i beat you all by age i am 17 going on 18 in September and having my first child. I am currently 16 weeks and loving the feeling of my baby moving inside me.
    Having your first child is a very special moment in life and yur emotions do go up and down, but you must think of the outcomes at the end, the baby you created and supported for 9 whole mths.
    I just can't wait it will be the best experience ever!!! Nothing could ever beat having your own child to love and care for

Lorin Guest

Mel_Sash - I dont knwo what to say to you, im sure every body has said this to you, You did the right thing. When i was 13 going on 14 i had a boyfriend who was 19 (i was a messed up kid) and i fell preganant i was really really scared because i didnt want to have operation but i didnt want to have to tell my parents that i was preganant. My partner at the time made me have abortion. He dropped me off at clinic paid for it and left. Rang them about 12 and they told him i was doing ok should be ready to be picked up @ 3:30 and he never showed. I caught the bus home that day and never seen him again. He was also a voilent boyfriend, he had lost both his parents b4 the age of 16 so he baught him self up to the way he wanted to live his life and didnt care about others. Especially his anoying girlfriend who got preganant.
    I am glad i never seen him after that. Of course i was very scare for the next few year thinking that the operation would have distroy my chances of ever having kids, so me and my partner who ive beenw ith for a couple of years decided we would try for one and well here we are having our first and VERY happy.

Hi Mel,

Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. Im 26 tomorrow but can understand what it is like to go through an abusive relationship when i was 15-18. It was the best thing you could have ever done to leave all that behind.. its has me and will make you a stronger person.

With the emotions, dont worry im sure all of us know how you feel, i certainly do. I go through period where i burst out crying cos im worried.. about what i cant tell you, but i just worry for no reason. You are certainly not alone.. you have us.

Anyways all the very best for you and the little one.

Hi Mel

Welcome to BB

If I can be of any help just let me know.

Hi girls,

Thank you for all your posts. I guess once bubs is here it will all be different. Im trying to get through it one day at a time but I know in the end I will. Its good to be able to come on here and get so much support from people who have experienced the same situation as me or even just to listen and let you know it will be ok and to give you a shoulder. I just wanted to say that I appreciate all of your posts.

Welcome Mel!

You mentioned you're now living in Qld....are in you Brisbane by any chance? We're having a meet-up for the local girls this coming Thursday (27th April) and you're more than welcome to come along!

Hi mel! Let me just congratulate you on your pregnancy and i think you have done the right decision leaving and giving you and your bubs a wonderful,loving start in life.Good on you,you should be proud!
    Hormones are wonderful things arnt they! Like the bb girls say they are all normal and we all go through it.
    I am in the september buddies if you would like to pop in anytime and ask questions or just to read our posts!
    Keep well mate!