thread: Advice/Opinions on lack of movement

Jul 2008
    Melbourne

i agree with all the others girls - far better to be a bit embarrassed but reassured

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

As one of my midwives told me: always call and have us giggle at your antics than not call and miss something serious.

good luck sweetie xx

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2005
    Blue Mountains

Don't be embarressed. It's very important to get lack of movement checked out. Hope all is well.. good luck!

Aug 2004
    Hunter Valley, Wine Country, NSW

I agree with the girls don`t be embarrassed, it`s best to be reassured then to worry and since it`s been over a week without any proper movements I`m sure they`d see you ASAP.

Good luck

Oct 2005
    A Nestle Free Zone... What about YOU?

*stalking*.... Hoping for wonderful news...

Feb 2009

Ditto here Flowerchild. Hope all is well and baby is just conserving energy prior to birth.

Oct 2006
    home sweet home.

Waiting here for wonderful news also.

Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW

Hope everything is OK Angela.

Aug 2006

Me too

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2007
    On the beautiful Gold Coast!

Hoping all is ok. I'm glad you went to the hospital.... there is no need to be embarrassed, you have every right to go in if you are at all concerned.

Hope to get a good update soon

Jan 2009

Me too - waiting, patiently!

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Oh Angela, I hope it is all OK. Thinking of you .

Platinum Member. Love a friend xxx

Mar 2008
    Perth, WA

Okay ladies I'm back:

The baby IS moving. A LOT.

There were 4 theories as to why I cannot feel it - as I was strapped up and could see the movements on the print out and hear them but not feel them:

1 - This baby is rather large apparently. 4 midwives and one doctor made that comment. One said that becuase it is so big it could have very limited extra space to move in the uterus and that could be why I cannot see or feel it move. Comments were: "good sized", "rather large", "big" and "huge".

2 - All the amniotic fluid is on one side. Eg: From the back of it's neck all the way down to it's bum there is just baby then uterus. No fluid as it has all pooled on the other side of baby. Apparently there is also rather a lot of it. Lots of fluid could = me not feeling movements.

3 - Big baby might = big placenta and that is what is blocking me feeling the movements. They also noted on the ultrasound that it has a very big cord. I'm not sure what this means but it is obviously of no concern.

Baby is head down but nowhere even close to being engaged which the doctor was happy with.

I'm 5'10" and husband is 6'3" so I am not that surprised by the size.

I think once I go in labour we should take bets as to exactly how large this kid will be...I told my husband when I got home that the hospital staff think the baby is already big and you should have seen the look on his face. Terrified!

He said "Are you okay with that?"

I mentioned that my vagina is made to stretch and I hardly have a choice now, do I? LOL.

Thanks for all your concern. It is much appreciated. I have no support system here - just myself and my 10% reliable and 90% scatterbrained husband. It means a lot to me.

Oct 2006
    home sweet home.

I am so relieved for you.

Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW

Oh thank goodness, I have been stressing about you hun, have had a bad news day so was really worried.

Feb 2009

YAY! So thrilled to hear its all good. Hope you havent spent too much on 0000 clothes then? LOL

A friend of mine had a big 10 pounder who was all arms and legs so he wasnt a massive challenge to push out - just very very tall. So that could be how it is for you too. She is like 5 foot nothing. I am sure you will do well.

Just so glad to hear your little bub is fine!

Aug 2006

Yay! So glad to hear mum and bub are doing fine - you must be very relieved.

Platinum Member. Love a friend xxx

Mar 2008
    Perth, WA

Also relieved to find out that my whining and whinging about my insanely sore rib was the right thing to do. Becuase all the amniotic fluid is all on one side of the baby, there is nothing but a bit of uterus between its bum and my rib.

It doesn't make me feel any better about the pain, but at least they know I wasn't faking it!