Thread: Anti-nesting?

Wink Anti-nesting?

I hit 40 weeks today (Happy EDD to me...! ), and for the last week I have been struck by a severe case of 'anti-nesting'.

Instead of my usual incessant desire to be doing stuff, I look at the housework and think "awww, do I have to", and usually decide that no, actually I don't.

I was actually quite impressed with myself today because I managed to have last night's dishes done before 9:00am this morning (and it took some effort!).

This sudden lethargy would normally bother me, but luckily I can't be bothered being bothered about it.

Has anybody else experienced this and do they have any coping strategies for the resulting boredom? (I am finding BB addiction to be my saving grace)

Not sure I have much advice- I don't think I ever nested during my pregnancy!!! I did spurts of stuff then just sat on the couch watching Oprah and BB was definately my saving grace! I would say - rest up, rest up, rest up! BB it up all you can, go for short walks and get out a bit, but don't over do it! and a HUGE congrats to you on your EDD!!
    Sending you heaps of ***Labour Vibes !!!***********

I reckon it is the bodies way of preserving energy for labour...........

yep I rekon I did this for lol about 9 months, just kidding, but i didn't really get a nesting bug. and I kinda felt like you did most of the time.

BB is great, I was lucky because people actually frequented the live chat when I was 40weeks.

whatever you do enjoy it I wish I had enjoyed those days more, and the bonus was no one would expect me to do anything and all I would have to do was sigh and I got massaged. it was great. I can't wait to do that again, however most likley I will have a toddler next time so it will probably be different

Hee hee Lucy - I reckon I must have preserved a bit by now - I'll be able to run a marathon the way I'm going! (And that's probably what it will feel like afterwards!!).

Thanks heaps for the labour vibes Tan! I've sent them down to little one with some from me too, and I might even go and walk up and down the stairs for a while - our combined efforts might encourage squidgy to make an appearance.

ETA: LOL Rebecca! Up till now I have been... well obsessive might be too strong a word, but determined to be organised might be a good way to put it! Maybe I got all of my nesting out of the way early. A massage sounds wonderful - I think I'll talk my DP into giving me one when he gets home from work (honey, I know that you've been on your feet for 10 hours but mine really hurt after a long day being pregnant and sitting at the computer eating icy-poles).

I think I'm just feeling a bit bored and restless today - I'm sure I'll have plenty to occupy myself with soon enough!

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by suse; November 16th, 2007 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Replying to post from kungfubecca

Suse - I felt the same way from 38 weeks, so I went out and bought all the new books I wanted to read before birth cos I knew I wouldn't get to read another book for a long time... As it turned out he was a week early so I didn't get to read many after all!

Up until now... i have been just like Rebecca!!! and i don't really see a nesting urge on the horizon!!!! LOL However, before i got PG i was nesting ALL the time! ..so funny how your bodies change!!

I reckon rest up now while you can and enjoy getting looked after!!

I hope it happens for you soon!!

I didn't nest at all, and now I wish I had of, cause there isn't any time to do any cleaning!